Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

He's as bad on the Radio 1 debate right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭decies

Rubbish,ie the plank as an interviewer ,the only disaster i heard was the plank,those questions have being asked a thousand times already, if you have a problem with him dont vote for him,if you want to vote for him go ahead,he has nothing to gain by releaseing any more letters,am sure people have made up their own mind one way or another at this stage,if your worried about this letter or that letter well dont vote for him.Theres plenty more elephants in the room with other canditaes as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Those letters will be released/leaked at some stage - better now for him I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,989 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I think one question would sort this issue out... "David, do you see anything wrong with what Cathal O'Searcaigh did in Katmandu?".. We dont need to have an abstract discussion about pederasty, we have a contemporary example..

Was Cathal's case not about sex tourism? A hobby that many Irish men engage in (straight and gay).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭touts

decies wrote: »
    Rubbish,ie the plank as an interviewer ,the only disaster i heard was the plank,those questions have being asked a thousand times already, if you have a problem with him dont vote for him,if you want to vote for him go ahead,he has nothing to gain by releaseing any more letters,am sure people have made up their own mind one way or another at this stage,if your worried about this letter or that letter well dont vote for him.Theres plenty more elephants in the room with other canditaes as well.

This is the sort of blind loyal kiss David's ass everyone else is wrong support that has Norris's campaign in disaster mode. Someone needs to sit down with David and say look you ****ed up but you are only making it worse with your "poor me why doesn't everyone love me" attitude. This is real politics not the academic stuff he has been playing at for the last 30 years. He needs to hand over his campaign to a hard nosed experienced manager who will tell him exactly how stupid he is being. Yes there are plenty more elephants in the room (commanding terrorists who murdered civilians, support for greater and greater EU integration, taking the credit for the work a huge team did, health concerns etc etc). But right now those elephants are being hidden behind the Whale that is Norris and confusion about his stance on the age of consent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

McGuinness on PK now.

seems quite civilised TBH.

Maybe pat is going to do ALL these in a fireside chat manner and leave the snarling to the primetimes of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

McGuinness on PK now.

seems quite civilised TBH.

Maybe pat is going to do ALL these in a fireside chat manner and leave the snarling to the primetimes of the world.

I find Pat a bit tougher with McGuinness than Norris yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭gothictwilight

I think there's quite a few RTE heads aghast at the possibility of a Sinn Fein president.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Why? He will have no power.

McGuinness doesn't half come out with some semi-folksy twaddle.

• Advertisement

The president may have no power but can you imagine the strategic victory for sinn fein having one of their top members becoming first citizen of the state. It would completely humiliate the remains of Fianna Fail and Fianna Gael. He'll also preside over the 100th anniversary of the 1916 rising.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Whatever one feels about MMcG's candidacy,he is an able,astute politician and interviewee and will certainly gather votes

I find Pat a bit tougher with McGuinness than Norris yesterday.

yeah i spoke a bit too soon.

he got some really tough questions thrown at him , but i thought he came through it very well.

seemed to get a dig in at pat on the sly in relation to greed and massive wages too

:):)

pat threw everything he could at him and ened up just sounding exasperated by the end. if he keeps this up we could be looking at the next president !

be interesting to see what bits of this get into the news at 1.

anyone got an idea of whos up tomorrow ?

I don't think I care who's on tomorrow. At the moment this is a two horse race (Norris and McGuinness). The rest of the candidates are a bit of a yawn fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

IMO Martin McGuinness did an excellent interview. He answered every question and didn't attempt to bluster or waffle nor did he go all folksy.
    Must say I warmed to him this morning & listening I could hear a presidential style & a stature I'd be happy to have representing me.
    Never met the man but he does seem to have a natural warm engaging style without the OTT folksy McAleese style (which I can't be doing with).

A definite contender IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Thought Mc Guinness did well too. It was a pleasant interview to listen to, these type of interviews are when Kenny is at his best.

im glad he's interviewing each of em for about half an hour each as while im happy to have 7 candidates in there it makes it a pain to do good radio with em.

primetime was good last night but it felt like you were only getting started and then they had to move on because of time constraints.

pats been the only place so far where you can get a good feel of the guys and girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

GodI hate Rugby

jesus gay mitchell getting filited on Pat kenny today.

wasnt expecting this as it started off softly.

God Marie Louise O'Donnell is a dose and a half.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

M L O'D ranting again

Abolish the Senate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Whatever about the Senate, where only a few have to put up with her rants and twee off-the-wall bs, it's time her outpourings on the PK Show were culled.

She's become a noisy nuisance who has started to turn her incoherent ramblings into some kind of weekly Sermon on the Mount to what herself and the Plank believe are an adoring listenership.

Send her over to Tubridy, at least there no-one will have to hear it.

europa11 wrote: »
    Whatever about the Senate, where only a few have to put up with her rants and twee off-the-wall bs, it's time her outpourings on the PK Show were culled.

She's become a noisy nuisance who has started to turn her incoherent ramblings into some kind of weekly Sermon on the Mount to what herself and the Plank believe are an adoring listenership.

Send her over to Tubridy, at least there no-one will have to hear it.

And everything is "WONDERFUL" "MARVELOUS" "FABULOUS" :mad:

Didn't hear that as I switched over when the show tunes started up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

God Marie Louise O'Donnell is a dose and a half.

loves the sound of her own voice.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

And everything is "WONDERFUL" "MARVELOUS" "FABULOUS" :mad:

Well it certainly is when you're getting a 70 grand top up

Gay Mitchell said today on PK that he believes everyone is born in the image of god...can someone explain what the heck this means?

Is Gay Mitchell a rational person?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

Plowman wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

When has Mary or Norris said that?

Anyone that believes in these fantasies, yes I question their rationality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

Isn't Mary actually going to study Canon Law when her Presidency ends?

For the record, I don't think there's much wrong with believing everyone is made in the image of God or whatever, it isn't one of the worst Christian doctrines out there. It's merely about the concept of human dignity to all equally. It's one doctrine, not exclusive to Christianity I might add, that got it bang on. No superiority, and the dignity of common people. For people to believe it is actually a moral achievement, because if we're all made in God's image then it follows we must all be moral equals. We just take it for granted that in our society each person is supposed to have equal regard, but this isn't always the case, and is certainly not always the case everywhere. Politicians should be clear on their religious beliefs, but this is one religious belief that I would let slide when a politician says it. In fact I would be glad to hear it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement