Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christianity and it's beliefs on investigating the paranormal

• 24-08-2013 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Why do religions like Christianity denominations refer to research into the paranormal as evil etc ? like i read about Christians who believe it's inviting evil to those to do things like go ghost hunting etc and even some who think it's doing the devils work etc
    ( obv not all Christians go on like that, its usually the more strict religious or strict fundamentalist type ) but wheres the basis for such beliefs ? when there are Christian priests, etc who work as exorcists etc
    What's your opinion of this ?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Some religions only want you to access god (ie 'the other side') through them. Its a control thing. Therefore they denounce as evil any other means of spirit contact. What better way of preventing people finding their own understanding of such things than through fear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Johnny Be Goode

Hi there! There is a book called 'Deliverance' written by The Christian Deliverance Study Group in UK which I understand was written as a textbook for Anglican Church lay and non lay people who come across paranormal. Common sense approach which is probably the foundations for any good paranormal investigators. I am not promoting this book but I'm guessing that reading it would help answer your question ... Johnny Be Goode

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Have a read of The Rite. It's about exorcism but offers some insight. I don't agree that it's about control

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

I like to think its about protection. But I'm not kidding myself, it's about control.

Check out these little apples.

http://www.followthissite.com/list-of-sins.php

Advertisement