Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Event [IRL Pace]

Options
  • 20-10-2010 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

US conspiracy series The Event will start this Friday on RTÉ 2 and Channel 4. Will it be available on the RTÉ player?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, it should be.

A Fine Gael leader like yourself would presumably be busy on a Friday night!

EndaKenny2007FineGael2.jpg

BOOM BOOM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Tom Fiat

This could/should be good.

a mix between lost and 24 i've heard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I'm liking it so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Previously on the Event?

Sure the whole feckin' thing is 'previously'.

2 minutes previously.
    13 months later.
    5 days previously.
    43 seconds previously.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The amount of ads on C4 is crazy, really disrupting the storyline. It is interesting enough so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

The event is possibly the new Lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

.....and thats where I stop watching

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

did that plane just disappear.christ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

C4 are criminal, what ever happened to ads every 20 mins? The good old days.

Twas entertaining enough hokum, through the flashbacks within flashbacks was a bit too much. I knew that couple were wrong uns!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Not really too confusing yet, I hope they do not descend into confusing scientific explanations. A good enough plot and certainly will keep watching it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

It gets better, keep watching.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ridiculous amount of flashbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Hmmmm...... I'm beginning to enjoy this. Maybe something to fill the gap that Lost left behind. Of course Lost was my true love and now she's gone, gone forever, but this might be the saucy minx that helps ride the pain away :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ridiculous amount of flashbacks.

Previously in this flashback.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Its on 4OD now OP, God Bless Channel 4 and their efficiency. But I'd be nearly more inclined to wait until/if RTE put it on the Player mainly due to the annoying 4OD ads. I wish Channel 4 would update them, if I see that Peep Show ad during a 4OD video one more time Ill scream.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I liked it!

I watched Lost from beginning right through to the end. Thought that was relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭trebor28

i would have thought it was a cross between lost and flashforward??no?

watched a couple of minutes of it, i think that will be all i will be watching.

i watched some of both series i mentioned, but couldnt hack all the chopping and changing.

i prefer the very well written straight up dramas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,472 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I enjoyed it - I'm kinda hooked already!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

trebor28 wrote: »
    i would have thought it was a cross between lost and flashforward??no?

watched a couple of minutes of it, i think that will be all i will be watching.

i watched some of both series i mentioned, but couldnt hack all the chopping and changing.

i prefer the very well written straight up dramas.
    Carrigstown
    >>>>>>>>>>>>

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭trebor28

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Carrigstown
    >>>>>>>>>>>>

:P

that would require me to actually watch rte for anything other than sport!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Looks promising, I do need a new tv series to get into at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Didn't even see any ad's for this show, just by chance I turned it on when it was starting. Enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I liked it!

I watched Lost from beginning right through to the end. Thought that was relevant.

Well that's me or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was pretty good. I'm a bit concerned about whether I'll care about any of the characters but it's early days. I persisted with FF and Lost so I'll give it a chance.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭FlashGordon1969

Watched two episodes and so far enjoying it but its over doing it on the flashbacks. Im monitoring its audience figures from the US. I aint doing a flashforward on it again-watch an entire season then its cancelled! If it dips Im out but so far its holding up.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cyndaquil

Started watching it on 4od (first 3 episodes). It's better than I thought it would be, more engaging than Flashfoward, which I watched to the end. The reliance on flashbacks initially made me think they were trying to hard to be like Lost but they seem to be doing it in a different style. On the one hand it's good the way the answers don't seem to be as long coming but I don't think there's any harm in stretching out some mysteries. So far I think the show has promise but personally don't think it will ever match Lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Not bad. Better actors than Flash Forward. Seems interesting. Lets hope it answers questions quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

I liked it!

I watched lost from start to finish too. I watched the first episode of the event but wasnt really taken with it. Didnt grab me straight away the way lost did. Havent watched the subsequent episodes yet, does it get better? Theres a lost sized hole in my life that aches to be filled......

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sorry there is another thread may need to be merged.

Lost by Numbers? <<< Just realized the pun there :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ yeah we have two Event threads outside of the US one....these two should be merged into a UK/IRL exclusive thread.

Advertisement