Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Once Upon A Time (ABC) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

They've just thrown logic out the window now. I thought it was supposed to be fairy tales and then it was any old novels and now it's what? I know Frozen is loosely based on The Snow Queen but the characters are purely Disney movie creations. It's just nonsense now. If it wasn't already.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wait until they start bringing in other fictional characters. Can't wait for Tyrion and Jon Snow to meet Tony Soprano(maybe he'll whack Henry).
    Then you'll have Emma, Regina, Charming and Snow travel to our world where Once Upon a Time is a tv series and they meet the actors who play them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Meeting Tony Soprano is unrealistic - because he's the property of HBO.
    You got to be at least plausible because this is a ABC-production who own Disney. It needs to be part of their stable. So therefore:

Emma must fight against a sabre-wielding dark lord who has fled from a galaxy far far away.

Regina falls to the dark side again and decides to actually live off the fear of children. She employs a pair of monsters who will make children scream in their sleep.

Henry finds that the toys in his room are actually alive and planning some adventure for Henry involving an incinerator.

Grandma's Diner suddenly starts producing amazing food after years of cheap frozen lasagne. Curious about the change, Red begins to investigate - her sharp nose believes there's something ratty at work...

Meanwhile Ariel finds a new life under the sea when she meets a clown fish who has become lost. She seeks to reunite him with his dad, employing the help of Hook and becomes embroiled in an adventure on sea and over land, using a fleet of vehicles that have come to life.

They also have series like The Middeman and Bates Motel they can use.

And then I think they have the tv rights to all Marvel characters. Think the XMen/F4/Spidey rights are just tied to the movies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭bren2001

They've just thrown logic out the window now. I thought it was supposed to be fairy tales and then it was any old novels and now it's what? I know Frozen is loosely based on The Snow Queen but the characters are purely Disney movie creations. It's just nonsense now. If it wasn't already.

For all the criticisms I have of the show, I don't see how the inclusion of Frozen is throwing logic out the window. For me, the show is based on Disney owned characters and nothing more. While Frozen is relatively new, I don't see why they shouldn't use the characters. While I am not overly excited by it I won't slate them for it, certainly not until I see how they tie in with the show.

• Advertisement

bren2001 wrote: »
    For all the criticisms I have of the show, I don't see how the inclusion of Frozen is throwing logic out the window. For me, the show is based on Disney owned characters and nothing more. While Frozen is relatively new, I don't see why they shouldn't use the characters. While I am not overly excited by it I won't slate them for it, certainly not until I see how they tie in with the show.

The original premise of the show was Fairy Tale characters. And although they were using the Disney versions of these characters they were still basically the original Grimm or Hans Christian Anderson characters. Then they bring in Alice in Wonderland and Frankenstein and all this which, fine, they're at least still book characters. The characters from Frozen are purely from a film, a film which by the loose understanding of the timeline of this show shouldn't even exist in their world yet.

Etta from Fringe will be Elsa. Gerogina Haig

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/03/once-upon-elsa-frozen/

• Registered Users Posts: 84,834 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

My initial reaction too. It was only a matter of time before Mitchell made an appearance.
    I'll be honest, I had 100% decided I wasn't coming back next season but then they went and cast Haig & Mitchell. They know how to play me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I'm actually really annoyed about the episode title reveal for the premiere.
    They had the perfect sibling arc with Zelena and Regina, and they threw it all away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

I had pretty much decided I wasn't coming back to watch them ruin Frozen but now with Elizabeth Mitchell joining the cast I know I'll be back. I always love her in everything she's in!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Are they going to introduce the Frozen cast? That be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

doovdela wrote: »
    Are they going to introduce the Frozen cast? That be interesting.

yep, that's what the main story arc is supposed to be for the next season. They brought in Elsa in the last seconds of season 3. And Liz Mitchell is supposed to be somehow related to Elsa and Anna but they're keeping quiet about how. I'm putting my money on her being their bad mother, since this show seems to be all about bad parents

• Registered Users Posts: 84,834 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

yep, that's what the main story arc is supposed to be for the next season. They brought in Elsa in the last seconds of season 3. And Liz Mitchell is supposed to be somehow related to Elsa and Anna but they're keeping quiet about how. I'm putting my money on her being their bad mother, since this show seems to be all about bad parents

From the film Frozen
    their mother wasn't evil and she died

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    From the film Frozen
    their mother wasn't evil and she died

Elsa wasn't locked in Rumplestilskin's vault for however many years in the film either. They do what they want.

Maybe Elsa's room was really Rumple's vault? :)

I'm sure Elsa and Anna will turn out to be related to Henry as well. Otherwise they'll be pushed to the sidelines later on like everyone else who doesn't fall under that category

Really you think? came across online the likeness of some characters apparently Elsa and Anna's parents are parents to Ariel the Mermaid or tarzan can't remember which that they were washed off onto an island and had another child.

In frozen both parents died at sea was it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The ship wreck Ariel is playing in in The Little Mermaid is supposed to be the ship they died on too, all connected in disney.

Ya apparently some of the characters are connected. Example in tangled the woman that stole her is actually one of the evil characters like the wicked witch who gave snow white the apple/the stepmother/queen she always wanting to stay young.

I wonder how they will introduce those characters into once upon a time from Frozen and tangled. Think the brave - Meridith or the witch at the secret house that gave her a spell to make her mother become a bear. Can't remember who she was meant to be linked to think its a child actually or the witch that casts the spell on sleeping beauty.

• Advertisement

And we know from Rapunzel's and Flynn's appearance in Frozen that they're all in the same universe.

Rapunzel is similar to Elsa, Meridith in Brave features are similar. True.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Zombee

doovdela wrote: »
    I wonder how they will introduce those characters into once upon a time from Frozen and tangled. Think the brave - Meridith or the witch at the secret house that gave her a spell to make her mother become a bear. Can't remember who she was meant to be linked to think its a child actually or the witch that casts the spell on sleeping beauty.

I really like how animated films have all these links. The old lady in Brave is supposedly Boo from Monster's Inc. In her house there was a drawing of Sully in the background.

In Frozen their parents are travelling to the wedding in Tangled when their ship sinks, which Ariel plays in in The Little Mermaid. Ariel is also a cousin or something to Hercules. And in Frozen at Elsa's coronation you can see Rapunzel and what'shisname from behind. Can't think of any more :)

I'm curious to see how they'll tie in Frozen to the Enchanted Forest/Storybrooke, and does it mean there'll be singing?! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭bren2001

Zombee wrote: »
    I really like how animated films have all these links. The old lady in Brave is supposedly Boo from Monster's Inc. In her house there was a drawing of Sully in the background.

In Frozen their parents are travelling to the wedding in Tangled when their ship sinks, which Ariel plays in in The Little Mermaid. Ariel is also a cousin or something to Hercules. And in Frozen at Elsa's coronation you can see Rapunzel and what'shisname from behind. Can't think of any more :)

I'm curious to see how they'll tie in Frozen to the Enchanted Forest/Storybrooke, and does it mean there'll be singing?! :P

The Pixar and Disney films have seperate theories. Pixar's is far more linked than Disney. http://www.pixartheory.com/ is a great read.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Once upon a Time in Disney Cash In Land.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Hey I only just discovered Once Upon A Time a few weeks ago and I absolutely fell in love with it. Im a massive Disney fan, maybe that's why, but I love their take on all the fairy tales. I cannot believe I had missed out on it. Im all caught up now, and I cannot wait for season4.
    any idea what channel it will be on over here?

RTÉ show it on the weekend sometime but it'll probably be a while before they show S4.

SarahBM wrote: »
    Hey I only just discovered Once Upon A Time a few weeks ago and I absolutely fell in love with it. Im a massive Disney fan, maybe that's why, but I love their take on all the fairy tales. I cannot believe I had missed out on it. Im all caught up now, and I cannot wait for season4.
    any idea what channel it will be on over here?

If you want, there was also a spinoff called Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. I've seen the first few and find it enjoyable. Just have to catch up at some point. Was cancelled but I think it supposedly had a proper ending.

Plus at least one of that show's characters is coming to the main show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

thanks, I saw it mentioned but I didnt realise it was a spin-off.
    I love OUAT, its been a while since a show has grabbed my attention like this.
    I think Robert Carlyse is a brilliant actor. To be fair he is almost playing about 6 different characters!
    Next season will be interesting, who will be the new villain? What's going to happen with Regina/Robin/Marian. Hook and Emma to, things could get complicated! Oh exciting!

Advertisement