Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rugby Smart phone App

• 13-12-2010 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone,

Just trying to get some feedback on the IRFU mobile phone App for Iphone. Have many people downloaded this? Do you find it usefull? Does it give you enough information? Do you think its missing anything? Is there anything you would change?

I appreciate any feedback,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Are you the developer?

I use Android, not iPhone, so can't give you any specific feedback, but I have never heard of the IRFU app, which I'm kind of surprised at since I go to and watch games on tv regularly. Where is it being advertised?

The kind of info I'd want, and I'm sure you've covered plenty of these, are:

Internationall fixtures with local k/o times
    Latest News
    HEC/Magners fixtures with local k/o times
    Player profiles

Any plans for Android version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Great app for Irish rugby thou iwould prefer if it had more international news/results

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Ciaran-Irl

Second the call for an Android version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Don't have an iphone so dunno what its like I'm afraid.

+1 on android app.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Its grand, a lot faster that the IRFU website itself which I find very sluggish (takes ages to download even on a broadband connection, and I daren't try it on my iPhone over UMTS!)

The Leinster app is great IMO, works well, although live scores would be a bonus that front.

Tried hard to like the ERC's new app, which I downloaded on Friday. Its very feature packed and does live scores. Unfortunately it keeps unexpectatly quiting on me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

icdg wrote: »
    Tried hard to like the ERC's new app, which I downloaded on Friday. Its very feature packed and does live scores. Unfortunately it keeps unexpectatly quiting on me...

I find that the ERC app uses lots of resources but is still performs very inconsistently. It also gives me a tonne of warning messages anytime I do anything wrong, then last week it said I pressed the wrong button (even though loads of other people were doing exactly the same thing) and now it's not letting me back in for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Useful, but really needs the Heineken Cup Tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Craig Dowling

i quite like it
    its handy when you cant watch a game
    live scores are good
    provincial section is brilliant
    but international news needs more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Its very good, can you get BBC1 on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Wheeker

During the Autumn Internationals I would use it to check the squad/team selection, but they would never be there!:rolleyes: Ended up just going to the Irish Times website or the IRFU website. i.e. NEWS SECTION NEEDS UP-TO-THE-MINUTE UPDATING

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 blueheff

is there a munster app or irfu app for the htc hd7 phone? i know there is app's for everything on the iphone,but in fairness,iphone dont run the programs like windows 7 that i use daily for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭davidpfitz

2casual wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Just trying to get some feedback on the IRFU mobile phone App for Iphone. Have many people downloaded this? Do you find it usefull? Does it give you enough information? Do you think its missing anything? Is there anything you would change?

I appreciate any feedback,

Thanks

Honest question ... what is the app for? Is it just "to have an iPhone app" or is it supposed to offer more? IMHO, it doesn't really offer anything. 'News' - I can get elsewhere. I'd like to see it offer a reflink for matches (cost is fine) and match stats. It needs to offer something I can't get elsewhere... right now, it doesn't.

Advertisement