Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

• 30-08-2009 8:08pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I hope shaving.ie doesn't mind, I thought I;d start this thread for discussion of the site.

I;ve not ordered from them yet but a number of people have been very happy with the services provided by shaving.ie.

Anyway I thought I'd suggest some feedback and see what else anyone else might have as feedback.

My first suggestion is a simple one, we can create a/c's on shaving.ie but one simple thing that kind of annoys me is you don't appear to be easily able to log back into it without going through the checkout.

Any chance of putting a Login or My account link on the top right hand corner of the main page ala play.com, or perhaps just add it to the main menu?

Adding this my account option would allow people to easily log in and view wishlists etc, orders ec. :)

screenshot20090830at210.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Spudzz

Have tried to order some stuff from this site "would like to support our own"but when I click on the product I require, all that comes up on the next page is the product information,and asking me for a review of that product.
    Cannot seem to find the shopping cart on this site.:confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Spudzz wrote: »
    Have tried to order some stuff from this site "would like to support our own"but when I click on the product I require, all that comes up on the next page is the product information,and asking me for a review of that product.
    Cannot seem to find the shopping cart on this site.:confused:

Your right the add-to-cart option is not showing in either Firefox or IE for me :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I also thought it was a Firefox/IE problem when I went looking for a tub of TOBs avocado earlier and couldnt see the add to cart on any products, check the home page, looks like he's on his hols for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

I was very impressed by the service from Chris at shaving.ie, he certainly knows how to treat his customers. I'm sure he'll welcome the constructive criticism.

As well as the points already made, I'd like to see Laser payments added to the site. It was already brought up in the safety razors thread, and is to be implemented in the future. Just hope it's sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭bothyhead

Tzetze wrote: »
    I was very impressed by the service from Chris at shaving.ie, he certainly knows how to treat his customers.

+1

I bought some blades from him last week. It was my first time ordering from this site, and it was a very positive experience.

He also informed me that he would have more stock by the end of September. Happy days! :)

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    Your right the add-to-cart option is not showing in either Firefox or IE for me :confused:

I successfully ordered last week using Firefox. I'm guessing that Chris has switched off the order feature until he's back on the 12th. I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but the flip-side is that if he didn't switch it off he'd be getting hounded every day by people wondering where their orders have gone to.

Fair enough if he is on hols:mad:):,will give him an order when he comes back.

Spudzz wrote: »
    Fair enough if he is on hols:mad:):,will give him an order when he comes back.

I doubt you'll be waiting long once Chris is back, I've placed two orders and both were next day delivery in Dublin.

Excellent service and I'll use again.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Old'n'Cranky

I doubt you'll be waiting long once Chris is back, I've placed two orders and both were next day delivery in Dublin.

Excellent service and I'll use again.

I'm in Dublin as well and I ordered at lunchtime and was shaving with my new razor on Tuesday evening, a very positive experience and I will be buying from him again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Another satisfied customer here. got all my kit yesterday and used a safety razor for the first time last night and it was excellent, really chuffed with it. got the multi razor pack too to try them all out.

I was using the parker 65r with a derby blade and it was ten times better than a mach 3. one thing perhaps someone can tell me, when I load the blade and twist the head, do i twist it tight or just enough? seems the tighter i turned the more the blade was pushed down. i had it tightend just a bit and it seemed fine, blade was a tiny bit flared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Just a small niggle, if an item is not in stock or back-ordered, then that should replace the price in red, as a word, instead of a blank space where the price would be. Your eye doesn't always pick up on that, it's annoying.

Shaving.ie will get some business from me after their holidays!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Still no add to cart option, he's still on holidays eh? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Old'n'Cranky

Still no add to cart option, he's still on holidays eh? ;)
    It says on the website he's off until the 12th......

OldnCranky wrote: »
    It says on the website he's off until the 12th......

ah I see that now, least it says that now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Still cant order!does anyone know when it will be back up

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Tomorrow i would imagine, next business day after the holidays?

Add to cart is back in business :)

Add to cart is back in business :)

Must resist urge...

F5 F5 Open Comb..

Amalgam wrote: »
    F5 F5 Open Comb..

:D Open combs tend to be more aggressive than the slants. Have you tried a slant yet? The 39c is a beast but great for removing a couple of days growth but no way I can use two days in a row. If the combs are more aggressive than I don't know how often I'd use.

I'm tempted to pick up some Muhles to compare to the Merkurs but you guys got me thinking they're rather short handled! I'll be helping a recent convert order his first DE tomorrow so will no doubt be adding to the basket.

• Advertisement

The comb on the MÜHLE is shorter than the Merkur. The teeth seem to be just a bit thinner on the MÜHLE too.

From what I can make out, it is easier to control the open comb, because it is just that, open and even, whereas a slant..

I think I'm done for razors once I have the holy trinity. Closed. Open. Slant.

My final big spending session will be a luxury shaving brush. I'll wait till I have the Flu and accidentally order a Plisson.. that'll be my excuse. Blame the virus.

Some of the Merkur razors are back in stock, the 1904 comes in at under 20 euro, delivery included.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

Things are slowly getting back on track and I have a few things to add to the site (Jet Lag!). I will just answer a few of the questions raised in previous posts and also thanks to Cabaal for opening up this thread for feedback.

@ Cabaal: The Login and Wish List should now be back on the top of the screen hopefully. Maybe there has been a problem with Firefox displaying correctly but I will do some more browser testing and look out for bugs.

@ Spudzz, Gran Hermano, bothyhead: I disabled the add to cart while I was away as I would not be properly able to fulfil orders or respond to emails in good time. I also did not want people waiting such a long time to receive their orders.

@ Tzetze: Laser payments are being looked into however the two major options each have their draw backs but it is definitely on the cards for the future.

@ Sean Quagmire: The razor should be tightened all the way until it is closed.

I hope that covers everything so far. There will be a few Merkur open combs when I get the chance to update them tomorrow also.

I can't order sadly..

This isn't an issue with shaving.ie.

The main 'problem' with using a virtual VISA card from 3V, is that, once you've used more than 6 or 7 virtual VISA numbers through a merchant using PayPal, as I have, your address is blocked.

You don't have to be a PayPal member, but once you've used 6 or 7 cards, in the eyes of PayPal, you're flagged and blocked.

I have no issues with using my 3V cards with non PayPal payment systems.

Pity.

The 11C is in stock and just sitting there, waiting to be picked up..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

I have a 3V card and never use it. Paypal is just anoying as it take 2/3 days to top up. Although if shaving.ie had a lazer option id have no money left :D

Received my first order from Chris to day,and I must say it was a pleasure to do business with him.
    Ordered my items on Mon and Tues of this week,received both today Thurs.
    Great STUFF:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

just like to say it was a pleasure dealing with shaving.ie.ordered monday night and received my goods on wednesday morning.

I know there's healing stuff on the site but any chance of getting alum blocks at some poiint in the future?

41yf0ycoMBL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

I know there's healing stuff on the site but any chance of getting alum blocks at some poiint in the future?

41yf0ycoMBL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    I have actually been talking to Osma Labs in France recently about getting this very type of Alum block. I find it is quite expensive and am looking at alternatives so I can offer it at a more reasonable price. I would hope it will become available in some form before the end of the year.

• Advertisement

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    I have actually been talking to Osma Labs in France recently about getting this very type of Alum block. I find it is quite expensive and am looking at alternatives so I can offer it at a more reasonable price. I would hope it will become available in some form before the end of the year.

What's the difference between the alum block and a styptic pencil?

Advertisement