Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Airfryer £69.99~€95 for the next 12 Hours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

Thargor wrote:
    Its pretty small, no problem doing a meal for one in it such as fish and chips with space left over but anything over 2 people is pushing it. You can do the meat for a lot of people in it though as long as you're doing the veg elsewhere. Like when I do fry-ups in it at the weekend for 4-5 people I just empty the meat into it no problem.

Thargor wrote:
    Go to a Power City Woodies or DID to see one, they all have them but they're €150 in all atm.

How you cook the fry in it??

• Registered Users Posts: 64,547 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Have mine a couple of years now, incredibly versatile. Things someone might not have thought about:

- put in a whole small chicken once. Was done 40 minutes after I switched it on. Save an hour compared to conventional oven
    - kids put in small frozen pizzas themselves. Ready in 4 minutes (conventional oven 30 minutes)
    - bake cakes (yes you can!)
    - grilled fish (incl. crispy skin)
    - you name it, it can probably do it (haven't tried steak myself - must give it a go so!)

My favourites are still chicken wings / drumsticks, home made chips

As others said, it is a bit small. There is a bigger model, but it is very expensive. Capacity of this one is 800g but I have fried over 1kg of chips in it at one time without problems

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

mono_mac wrote: »
    How you cook the fry in it??
    Easiest thing you can cook in it, just dump the sausages/rashers/pudding etc in it, and give it about 15-18 minutes at 180. Healthiest fry you'll ever make aswell because there will be half a pint of grease in the drip tray afterwards aswell.

Stick some mushrooms in underneath so they fry in all the grease that comes off if you want aswell.

Bought one earlier, thanks op. Almost pulled the trigger at 109 in Harvey Norman a while back but procrastinated until the offer was over . Better I did now and saved a 10er!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Cheers OP, pulled the trigger on this earlier. Delighted because I was planning on holding out until the sales after Xmas to pick one up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

So I just had my first air fried steak. It doesn't look great - a bit grey. But OMFG it tasted awesome. Evenly cooked all the way through, moist and incredibly tender. Up there with the top 5 steaks I've ever eaten (it was an Alfi specially selected).

I can't believe I've never tried it before - I've had my air fryer nearly 3 years now.

I love chicken in it. I but Aldi free range chickens and cut them into 4 portions - 2 x leg, thigh, wing and 2 breasts on the bone. Roast chicken and chips every day in 15 minutes.

Oh, and Aldi skinny oven chips are really good (and 99c a kilo)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

Do use deliervy by parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Ordered one of these earlier, thanks to the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭savemejebus

stimpson wrote: »
    Roast chicken and chips every day in 15 minutes.

Oh, and Aldi skinny oven chips are really good (and 99c a kilo)
    Do you just bung the chicken and chips in together for the same amount of time?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Do you just bung the chicken and chips in together for the same amount of time?

Chicken gets 7 mins then I add the chips for 10 - 12 mins. It's only big enough for one portion, but the wife is a veggie so no problems there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Lidl had a similar version on sale a few months back for about €70 so I bought one.
    Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Casey78 wrote: »
    Lidl had a similar version on sale a few months back for about €70 so I bought one.
    Love it.

Got the lidl version too. Best kitchen appliance i ever bought. Oven never gets used now, food tastes better and cooks in half the time in the air fryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭megaten

stimpson wrote: »
    I love chicken in it. I but Aldi free range chickens and cut them into 4 portions - 2 x leg, thigh, wing and 2 breasts on the bone. Roast chicken and chips every day in 15 minutes.

Can it seriously do chicken thighs in 15 mins?

Preheat it for 5 minutes at 200 C (max) first and it will do practically any meat in 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭harr

Love mine, yes chicken legs in 10-15 minutes,full chicken in about 45 minutes at about 180 and my favourite all types of steak...oh another thing I like is fish warpped loose in foil with herbs and lemon juice takes about 7 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭garfie1d

Just brought one, I've been mulling over this all day. Just from this tread it seems to versatile to pass up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

garfie1d wrote: »
    Just brought one, I've been mulling over this all day. Just from this tread it seems to versatile to pass up.

I'm still on the verge on this. Completely intrigued by all the stuff in the thread. But don't want another thing I don't use taking up space in our little kitchen. Mentioned it to my wife o didn't get the nudge I needed. Not sure she's forgotten the slow cooker we definitely needed that we never use (a couple of failed stews put me off)
    Hmm...

You only have 22 minutes to decide before the price goes back up.

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    I'm still on the verge on this. Completely intrigued by all the stuff in the thread. But don't want another thing I don't use taking up space in our little kitchen. Mentioned it to my wife o didn't get the nudge I needed. Not sure she's forgotten the slow cooker we definitely needed that we never use (a couple of failed stews put me off)
    Hmm...

Was thinking the same myself if it would used but while I was looking it up on you tube and the wife saw you can cook cakes in it she was sold

They charge about 30 Euro for the baking tray but Im sure you can get something that works for cheaper, it is a bit on the small side to be baking big cakes though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Spotted this yesterday went clean out of the head op reminded me pulled the trigger another gadget on the work top.
    T

Thargor wrote: »
    They charge about 30 Euro for the baking tray but Im sure you can get something that works for cheaper, it is a bit on the small side to be baking big cakes though.

ahhh thats gonna cost another €30 then

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

thanks thargor for posting

been checking this out for a few weeks and no offers anywhere, had my mind made up to just buy the damn thing regardless tonight and then this

one of the bargains of the year for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Dammit! Don't need it, bought it. Thanks OP.

Looking forward to steak and chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I really didn't have that €100 to spare. Feck, it. Nice one, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Ah balls. Just got home...check BA, add to basket and then delete all the other frap I randomly add to Amazon. Check basket..... 99.99. God dammit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭Masala

Saw this model in local Tesco tonight..... For €225!!!!

Pulled trigger on it earlier..... Wife's birthday next week!!! She still in love with the George Foreman I got on BA last Xmas!! I am just too good to her... But that's amoree!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It is a superb device. I've been using one for the best part of a year now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Dammit, missed this deal. Raging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Never thought of cooking steak in one of these, gotta try it.... Thanks for the idea...

Advertisement