Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of a home CCTV system....?

• 06-04-2012 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

Anybody got any idea approximately how much it would cost me to get a reasonable CCTV system for a house supplied and installed? Probably three (or four) cameras covering the front, back and side(s) of the house, I'd like to have the facility to be able to look at the images over the internet or on my phone when I'm not at home etc.

Or alternatively, if I bought one of those kits you see in Maplins from time to time, how much would it cost to get someone to set it up for me...?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,612 ✭✭✭✭altor

Anybody got any idea approximately how much it would cost me to get a reasonable CCTV system for a house supplied and installed? Probably three (or four) cameras covering the front, back and side(s) of the house, I'd like to have the facility to be able to look at the images over the internet or on my phone when I'm not at home etc.

Or alternatively, if I bought one of those kits you see in Maplins from time to time, how much would it cost to get someone to set it up for me...?
    Thanks

Price would depend on the cameras and system that would suit your premises.
    Condor do have good value system so no harm trying there to get a price for a system. Ask for Ken, more than happy to help with tech support also ;)

CONDOR SECURITY DISTRIBUTION LTD.
    23A Greenhills Industrial Estate,
    Greenhills Road, Walkinstown, Dublin 12, Ireland.
    01 409 7733/34

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most suppliers have good deals on kits now.
    Take a look at the sticky here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    As with alarms , shop around & always get a few quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Thanks guys, I'll try and make a few phone calls next week.
    I don't want to spend a huge amount on a system, one of those Maplins kits (or similar) would be fine, I was just wondering how much it would cost to get someone to install it and set it all up for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,612 ✭✭✭✭altor

I don't want to spend a huge amount on a system, one of those Maplins kits (or similar) would be fine, I was just wondering how much it would cost to get someone to install it and set it all up for me....

All depends on where you want the cameras installed. The cameras in most kits out of the likes of Maplins may not suit what you want to cover. I would suggest getting a few installers out for recommendations if you are not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

Well what would be a top average price ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its a massive market. It could be a few hundred to a few thousand.
    Its about getting the best quality possible for your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

I came across these 4 camera cctv Systems , all about 450 euro note monitor not included. Although i think you could use a computer flat screen or lcd tv

Only thing that puts me off is I have never heard of the ORION CAMERA

http://www.cctvdirect.co.uk/compare/64/65/417

No Irish web sites seem to have any "ready to go" systems priced up like this for some reason.

Would this be a decent system. It seems to be one of their higher end models

http://www.cctvdirect.co.uk/products/Silver-Enforcer-Vandal-Dome-4-Camera-Package.html

Advertisement