Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is gay marriage a threat to humanity?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Spoonman75

It means you'll catch teh ghey.
    I guess I'll have to get vaccinated from it. It works. Some guy told me once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

Gay marraige is wrong, full stop. I don't consider myself conservative or a gay basher, but gay marraige is unnatural. It's not just the religious aspect of it, itvis also the social. If countries allow this to happen, and in some cases it has, society will simply become disturbed. Marraige is sacred between man and woman. Now in my opinion there are many straight people who only consider marraige simply a day out and before you know it divorce papers are on the table. Divorce in my opinion was the worst thing to happen to this country. Marraige should be for life between man and woman, who then may create a family of their own by reproducing. Gay's can't do that, simply because life wasn't created that way. full stop. I say that with obviously no disrespect to childless hetro couples.

I agree. I'm mean there should be basic rules to govern society according to natural law. Take interracial marriages. That's another abomination. It's just not right that people of different races get together and have half-cast children. Those children will have no identity, they're lost, they're nothing. Even interclass marriages are sickening. Blacks should go with blacks. Whites should go with whites. Working class should go with working class. Higher class should go with higher class. Men should only marry women. Wives shouldn't be allowed to work outside the home and they should be the possession of the husbands. And what's with this crazy talk of women's suffrage? Society was far better off when people just knew their place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

I agree. I'm mean there should be basic rules to govern society according to natural law. Take interracial marriages. That's another abomination. It's just not right that people of different races get together and have half cast children. Those children will have no identity, they're lost, they're nothing. Even interclass marriages are sickening. Blacks should go with blacks. Whites should go with whites. Working class should go with working class. Higher class should go with higher class. Men should only marry women. Wives shouldn't be allowed to work and they should be the possession of the husbands. And what's with this crazy talk of women's suffrage? Society was far better off when people just knew their place.

God, you know you've been on AH too long when it takes you a while to realise this is tongue-in-cheek. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭vixen chaser

if you want to down the religious route, God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. I know some hetro couples aren't blessed with children, that's not what I meant. I meant that the institution of marriage was created for man and woman, and more often than not, children came after in a carraige? one question, I'd love to ask though. How come when male gays come out of the closet they become incredibly camp, or maybe it's spelled kamp, pardon my spelling:D and they wern't that way before they came out., just curious. In reply o one thread about marraige breakdown and been miserable for enternity and making the children miserable, then I would say to you, don't get married. Some people can' get on with their siblings, but they'll always be yur sibling. When a person gets married, regardless of whether there are kids in the picture, there is a family created.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

It's unfortunate that the Churches Leadership feels the need to take such a hardline stance, I can understand the reasoning behind it, even if I don't agree with it.

I'm a lay catholic, and Personally I have no problem whatsoever with homosexuality, thats their own business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

if you want to down the religious route, God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Stevewafflewafflewaffle

If God created Adam and Eve, then he also created Adam and Steve, you twit.

That's with me supposing your argument has a hint of authority, despite it's reliance on colossal volumes of hearsay, told, as the gays would say, through the anals of time.

if you want to down the religious route, God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

You understand what an allegory is or are you a biblical literalist? And given that we are all God's children, who exactly did make Adam and Steve then? :confused:

if you want to down the religious route, God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. I know some hetro couples aren't blessed with children, that's not what I meant. I meant that the institution of marriage was created for man and woman, and more often than not, children came after in a carraige? one question, I'd love to ask though. How come when male gays come out of the closet they become incredibly camp, or maybe it's spelled kamp, pardon my spelling:D and they wern't that way before they came out., just curious. In reply o one thread about marraige breakdown and been miserable for enternity and making the children miserable, then I would say to you, don't get married. Some people can' get on with their siblings, but they'll always be yur sibling. When a person gets married, regardless of whether there are kids in the picture, there is a family created.

I can't say I speak for everyone on this thread but, I'd imagine most of us don't want to go down the religious route.

I can think of 5 guys I've known throughout my life that turned out to be gay. None of them transformed into some sort of Big Gay Al parody you're trying to describe.

Having said that I'd imagine some men after they came out became noticeably more "camp". Do you know why?

Because of fear of expressing their real nature around bigots like you.

Edit: I'm willing to read any future posts of yours and consider them genuine opinions but I think you're trolling here. Just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Would probably save humanity...might slow the population growth...well maybe not

just not natural , and if gays are allowed to marry , then the whole idea of marraige should be abandoned for everyone. the issue of giving gays the right to marry is not on par with giving women suffrege or blacks the right to vote, that is totally different.

• Advertisement

Spoonman75 wrote: »
    I can't say I speak for everyone on this thread but, I'd imagine most of us don't want to go down the religious route.

I can think of 5 guys I've known throughout my life that turned out to be gay. None of them transformed into some sort of Big Gay Al parody you're trying to describe.

Having said that I'd imagine some men after they came out became noticeably more "camp". Do you know why?

Because of fear of expressing their real nature around bigots like you.
    What do you mean their real nature?.

if you want to down the religious route, God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

You know the way God made Adam & Eve and they were the only two people on the planet when it all started. So wouldn't their children have had to go forth and multiply with each other and populate the world? So, is God in favour incestuous marriages but not gay marriages? If we're going down the religious route I think we should legalise incestuous marriages, also polygamous marriages - there's a heck of a lot of those in the Bible too.
    I know some hetro couples aren't blessed with children, that's not what I meant. I meant that the institution of marriage was created for man and woman, and more often than not, children came after in a carraige?

So did God create the institution of marriage? I'm an fundamentalist Orthodox Cherokee, I believe that the institution of marriage was created by the Great Snorting Bullfrog God Blurbocheeko.
    How come when male gays come out of the closet they become incredibly camp, or maybe it's spelled kamp, pardon my spelling:D and they wern't that way before they came out., just curious.

That's a ridiculous sterotype. I prefer cock, son, cock! Now go off and play with your titties you girly fag!

In reply o one thread about marraige breakdown and been miserable for enternity and making the children miserable, then I would say to you, don't get married. Some people can' get on with their siblings, but they'll always be yur sibling. When a person gets married, regardless of whether there are kids in the picture, there is a family created.

I can't understand what point you're trying to make here...

...the whole idea of marraige should be abandoned for everyone...

You've almost said the right thing there...

Should've been:
    ...the whole idea of marriage should be everyone's individual choice and I need to educate myself philosophically so I can get the most out of life instead of frowning and talking crap about things I can't comprehend...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Gay men often choose to hide there sexuality because of narrow minded individuals who would judge them as society disturbers....Then when they come out they probably think.... f the bigots...

just not natural , and if gays are allowed to marry , then the whole idea of marraige should be abandoned for everyone. the issue of giving gays the right to marry is not on par with giving women suffrege or blacks the right to vote, that is totally different.

You realise there are gay animals? How is homosexuality not natural then?

Marriage, as has been pointed out to you several times, is not a national construct either and has only been romanticised in recent history. Before that, it was akin to the sale of a woman. Why should gay people not be allowed to marry given the fact that it's largely a social and legal contract?

You know the way God made Adam & Eve and they were the only two people on the planet when it all started. So wouldn't their children have had to go forth and multiply with each other and populate the world? So, is God in favour incestuous marriages but not gay marriages?

So did God create the institution of marriage? I'm an fundamentalist Orthodox Cherokee, I believe that the institution of marriage was created by the Great Snorting Bullfrog God Blurbocheeko.

That's a ridiculous sterotype. I prefer cock, son, cock! Now go off and play with your titties you girly fag!

I can't understand what point you're trying to make here...

You prefer cock, good for you. As for the point I am making, once a person gets married, then a family is created, your spouse becomes your family. That should remain a family for ever. If a person choses to get married, then that should be for life. I just think people should take marraige more seriously.

I have no problem, with gay coming out etc, but I do with marriage

Are you inviting Pacifist Pigeon somewhere?

Why don't you answer the points people keep putting to you? It is not logical to say that you are against something "just because."

It seems you do have a problem with people coming out, since you keep calling gay marriage "unnatural" and posting things like "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve".

You prefer cock, good for you. As for the point I am making, once a person gets married, then a family is created, your spouse becomes your family. That should remain a family for ever. If a person choses to get married, then that should be for life. I just think people should take marraige more seriously.

So, let's say a husband beat the holy living tonsils out of his wife and kids and the wife doesn't want to be with him anymore - do you think that they should still be viewed as a happy loving functional family unit in the eyes of the law?

• Advertisement

What do you mean their real nature?.

Who they really are without fear of being mocked, bullied, or physically harmed. What they really feel without being mocked bullied or physically harmed. How they express themselves naturally without being mocked, bullied or physically harmed. If that is expressed in a "camp" manner then they will be more comfortable to express themselves as such.

what question did you put to me. My last post means exactly what it states. I'm entitled to my opinion on marraige, as a citizen of this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The right to marry..?!

Can you define or outline what that right may entail?

Ah come on now Vixen, just because we had a tumble around in the leaba doesn't mean we have to get married. It was just a once off Vixen, you don't have to be ashamed and go the whole way.

Explain, as clearly as you can the text in bold.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

, once a person gets married, then a family is created, your spouse becomes your family. That should remain a family for ever. If a person choses to get married, then that should be for life. I just think people should take marraige more seriously.

This is what doesn't make sense. Why on earth are you assuming that if gay marriage was allowed, they'd all divorce ?
    You said yourself when people marry it creates a family. Why do you assume that the same isn't true of gay people that make such a strong comittment?
    You seem to be suggesting gay people can not chose life partners because they're all busy breaking up and moving on. Which is mad..
    I'll point out the divorce rates as one example as to why marriage is hardly the sacred institute to many herteros either.

I agree with you that people should be taking marriage far more seriously. Looking past the 'day out' and looking into the future. Not marrying folk they've known for weeks etc. the divorce rate is unnecessarily high

what question did you put to me. My last post means exactly what it states. I'm entitled to my opinion on marraige, as a citizen of this country.

You are entitled to have your opinion but not to put you tripe into action. What right have you to say to a woman who's been beaten to an inch of her life by her alcoholic husband that she ought to be still married to him and him alone for ever.

Just because you're a citizen of this country doesn't give you the right to dictate the direction of other people's lives. That's some pretty sick logic, to be honest.

grindle wrote: »
    Are you inviting Pacifist Pigeon somewhere?

?????????????/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

gay marriage isn't natural.

just a thought - homosexual behavior is present in numerous examples throughout the natural kingdom. However, legal contracts binding sexual partners together are not.

Marriage isn't natural.

• Advertisement

Of course you're entitled to an opinion but others are, in the same vein, entitled to challenge you on it. You've said that you don't agree with gay marriage because it's not "natural". Since it's been shown to you time and time again that marriage in itself is inherently unnatural, what is your argument against it?

Advertisement