Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What goes first, wood flooring or hang doors

Options
  • 24-01-2012 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi all,

not sure if this is the correct location for this question or not, but here goes...
    I'm looking to replace the internal doors in my home and I also want to install some wooden flooring downstairs. I've decided on the doors but haven't fully decided on the flooring yet so can't say what thickness the floor will be. So my question is, should I press ahead and get the doors hung or should I wait until I decide on the flooring and only hang the doors after the floor is complete?

Regards
    M.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

The majority of doors are built to have some taken off the bottom for this exact reason

I don't see it being an issue getting the doors, and then removing them later when fitting the floor

• Registered Users Posts: 11 brownie25

yes you can hang the doors,when fitting the floors take an off cut of flooring and mark the bottoms of all the doors before taking them down, all so if you are fitting the floor yourself do the same with the frames and then cut out the bottom of the frames so the floor can go under the frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭lalorm

Thanks guy's

Advertisement