Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Corrigan

twin room available in maynooth, one person in it already....shared house with 3 other 1st years one place available...message me if interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭clairemcbear

Big 5 bed house sharing with 4 21 year old students,2 lads and 2 girls.. pm me if interested

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Anyone know the craic with hot water in Village? Does it come on automatically in the morning or do you always need to turn the immersion on?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

irish_goat wrote: »
    Anyone know the craic with hot water in Village? Does it come on automatically in the morning or do you always need to turn the immersion on?

You need to switch the immersion on! There's two switches. One for the top tank which is quicker but doesn't have much water and the second for the bigger tank

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

You need to switch the immersion on! There's two switches. One for the top tank which is quicker but doesn't have much water and the second for the bigger tank

See, I do that, but I woke up this morning(i.e. 2pm) and there was hot water and I know the immersion hadn't been on for a good 24 hours cause I was the only one in the flat.

• Advertisement

irish_goat wrote: »

See, I do that, but I woke up this morning(i.e. 2pm) and there was hot water and I know the immersion hadn't been on for a good 24 hours cause I was the only one in the flat.

Eh that's weird. You sure one switch wasn't accidentally left on somehow? Or on and off were mixed up?
    Or maybe someone sneaked in and turned your water on :-P

I know in my two years there the immersion always had to be turned on (though in 2nd year it was impossible to get my roommates to turn it off!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Need somewhere affordable for second semester, has to be public transport accessible if it's not a walkable distance from the college. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Hmm, there will probably be a few rooms going with people dropping out/going on Erasmus etc. Keep an eye on noticeboards and ask around to see if anyone knows someone with a free room. Daft and similar websites are good to look on too.

There should be a few rooms available on campus too if you like massively overpaying for places and not sleeping.

Hmm, there will probably be a few rooms going with people dropping out/going on Erasmus etc. Keep an eye on noticeboards and ask around to see if anyone knows someone with a free room. Daft and similar websites are good to look on too.

There should be a few rooms available on campus too if you like massively overpaying for places and not sleeping.

Lived on campus last year :/ It was okay, but I'm trying for anything at this stage. I do know someone who has a free room in their apartment so I'll be getting that landlord's details. Just seriously sick of the 6:30 a.m. starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Does anyone know of any rooms going at the moment (esp. for late 20s, m, prof)? It seems to be very quiet lately :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

I'm not a student in Maynooth (yet, hoping to be in the science course next September) and I was wondering when I should start applying for accommodation? I've already applied for the on campus but I won't find out if I get that until August, I don't really know how this works but that seems a little late for there to be many offers on other accommodation left. Thanks.

There'll still be a good bit of accommodation left in August, so there really isn't much need to worry about it until then! You'll know the day after the CAO offers whether or not you've gotten campus accom, and if you don't the residence office will have a housing list thatwill help with finding somewhere to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

There'll still be a good bit of accommodation left in August, so there really isn't much need to worry about it until then! You'll know the day after the CAO offers whether or not you've gotten campus accom, and if you don't the residence office will have a housing list thatwill help with finding somewhere to stay.
    Just on the topic of accomodation for next year, you know if you get the Entrance Scholarship? Do you get to pick which Apartment group (Rye, River etc.) you want or is it random?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭plumpote

Do you get to pick which Apartment group (Rye, River etc.) you want or is it random?

You get to pick :)

Just wondering, would it be likely that I would get stuck in a dig if I didn't get campus accommodation? Just curious, I'd prefer share a place with students or something and not another family. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gwjones42

Hi folks,

I've a friend, (MA Student, male, late 20's and Gay) who's looking for a room to share in a nice house/ apartment.

He's looking to move in June.

Thanks

(He's a really nice guy :-)

Could anyone tell me if you have to head home on the weekends if you have on-campus accommodation? I know that's probably a stupid question but I just realised that I haven't a clue. Thanks. :)

allydoyle wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me if you have to head home on the weekends if you have on-campus accommodation? I know that's probably a stupid question but I just realised that I haven't a clue. Thanks. :)

Most people do but you don't have to at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

If this is the wrong place to post, apologies.. but does anyone know of any rooms in Moyglare going for next academic year?
    Or where I can look other than the college's lists?
    A friend of mine is looking and having no luck.
    :)

Try looking on daft.ie and rent.ie as well; there's usually a good few rooms advertised on there :)

• Advertisement

I found daft.ie to be the best site

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

What are my chances of getting River? I applied way back in November and am hoping to get the Entrance Scholarship for getting over 500 points? Rye is probably grand and all, but I really don't want to have to live there for 1st year! :(

What are my chances of getting River? I applied way back in November and am hoping to get the Entrance Scholarship for getting over 500 points? Rye is probably grand and all, but I really don't want to have to live there for 1st year! :(

It's a pure lottery, unfortunately. They'll take your order of choice into consideration, but it still depends on demand.

I've heard, but could be wrong, that entrance scholarships get to choose where they live. I had a friend who chose Rye before for her place (despite my trying to convince her otherwise!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

If this is the wrong place to post, apologies.. but does anyone know of any rooms in Moyglare going for next academic year?
    Or where I can look other than the college's lists?
    A friend of mine is looking and having no luck.
    :)

Have a look on DAFT, we don't really endorse advertising/plugging houses here. Best head to a website that's dedicated to this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 vicar1

Anyone know of a studio or one bed apartment available for next year? Fancy living on my own next year and would like to get sorted as soon as poss. Thanks!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Anyone have any advice for house hunting. Is it best to get somewhere now or is there always new places advertising. Can't find many places with single rooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭luv-eirexx

Anyone know of any rooms going or anyone looking to house share? Due to deciding last minute that I don't wanna go on erasmus, all my friends have sorted their accommodation. I'm homeless! :(

PM me if anyone's interested. Going into 3rd year so will obviously have to study . .But I do enjoy going out too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cuneyt35

Is there anyone looking for some to stay with next year ? But i have no idea about acommodation in Maynooth . I ll be happy to meet new student who ll study next year there. If anyone interested , PM me :) or cuneyt.durmaz91@gmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 MalCallan

Hi everyone,
    My name is Mal Callan, Im currently in talks with a landlord whos offered me several houses in maynooth for the three months of summer at dirt cheap rates. Basically, if i can find 3 more housemates we'd be set.

My room has an ensuite and is pretty big so id pay 160 a month
    The other rooms are smaller single rooms and they'd only cost 120 a month. That works out at 30 euro a week which is rediculously cheap. lease ends September 1st. The only bills we'd have is the esb and thats paid by payin the landlord.

So please, if anyone is interested, reply with any questions and I'll PM you. This house wont be there forever so act quick guys. And Ive been told Im a sound housemate so ya dont have to worry bout that part.

Advertisement