Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cher reveals affair with Tom Cruise

• 29-04-2008 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2008/0429/cher.html

Singer Cher has revealed that she had a brief fling with actor Tom Cruise.

According to the Daily Mail, the singer had an affair with Cruise, who is 16 years her junior, in 1986 at the start of his career.

At the time Cher was 39-years-old and 23-year-old Cruise had released his hit film 'Risky Business' and was working on 'Top Gun'.

AdvertisementThe paper reported that Cher, now 61, told Oprah Winfrey: "I was crazy about him."

In the show, which will go to air in the US next month, she spoke of Cruise, now 45, as an awkward young man and she said: "He was shy."

Speaking about the affair, during an interview publicising her upcoming run of shows in Las Vegas, she said: "It could have been a great big romance because I was crazy for him".

She told Oprah she was currently single and broke up with her last serious boyfriend, actor Rob Camilletti, almost 15 years ago.

Cher added: "Dating is a strange thing. It's not every man who can be comfortable with me. Being Cher is a hard thing and difficult for him to hold his place."

:o

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Eeeeeeeeewwwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Hmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ang

yeah, heard that years ago. He was good looking back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭nij

Cher? Cruise? WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭brick tamland

what are the odds cruise's people are behind this. Im guessing cher has a song or something to use the publicity for and Cruise tries to distance himself further from "that" rumour

• Advertisement
Advertisement