Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mark Speight (SMart show host) dead

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Dudess wrote: »
    Explain to me why "ya scaldy pr1ck" isn't personal abuse?

It is. But does it really matter?

I didnt bring to Feedback because.....well.....I didnt care enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

If personal abuse was allowed, can you imagine the full-on bullying that would occur here? It can't be allowed under any circumstances - even if it's justified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

Terrible situation, very sad, and for those with the insensitive comments I second what the person who got banned said.

Was it on here that I read Neil Buchannen (or however you spell his name) had died as well. If thats the case, two of the greatest kids art show presenters from the 90's are gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

Was it on here that I read Neil Buchannen (or however you spell his name) had died as well. If thats the case, two of the greatest kids art show presenters from the 90's are gone.

Not according to Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Buchanan

And he was once in a band called Marseille. Ace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Glad this was moved to Celeb so I could explain.

I was wrong to say what I said, and the mods were right to issue a ban, but I was just insensed that someone could show such disrespect for another person's death, particularly in light of the surrounding circumstances.

I understand that most people wouldn't be interested in the story as people die everyday, but as another poster pointed out, bravestar was interested enough to post. Would you say such comments in real life. No. You would keep stum and move on, or pay your respects, end of. You wouldn't pop your head into the deceased's funeral and say 'sh1t happens'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

This isn't his funeral though and people are entitled to their opinions. I too was somewhat taken aback by the more flippant comments but I don't think it's worthy of biting back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I was wrong to say what I said, and the mods were right to issue a ban, but I was just insensed that someone could show such disrespect for another person's death, particularly in light of the surrounding circumstances.
    They posted crap, better to ignore it in future and not get drawn on it. You show you've learned that with this post anyway. Not really the same as his funeral either unless the funeral is on boards.ie :)

I never heard of this guy before today so it makes little difference to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Sherifu wrote: »
    They posted crap, better to ignore it in future and not get drawn on it. You show you've learned that with this post anyway. Not really the same as his funeral either unless the funeral is on boards.ie :)

The funeral analogy was weak, but it was all I could think of. But it just struck me as someone having a pop for the sake it, where nothing warranted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The funeral analogy was weak, but it was all I could think of. But it just struck me as someone having a pop for the sake it, where nothing warranted it.
    It's the AH way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Was it on here that I read Neil Buchannen (or however you spell his name) had died as well.

He died of an art attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ang

I can't believe some of the comments that I have read here. Some people are so insensitive.

I was following this story, such a tragic outcome. Obviously Mark felt he couldn't carry on without Natasha. Apparently he blamed himself for her death because he was the one who introduced her to drugs.

Sad, sad news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Creature wrote: »
    He died of an art attack.

ba dum *squish*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

yeah all this talk of them a being a lovely couple ,a lovely drug talking couple ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

yeah all this talk of them a being a lovely couple ,a lovely drug talking couple ??

You can still be a "lovely" couple and take drugs. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I was sad to hear about his tbh. Mrs. 6th had been giving me the news as it unfolded. I grew up on childrens art shows and went on to study art. My daughter loves art at the age of 3 and Smartinies is watched in my house now and then - great kids show.

For people who are at an age were they wouldnt watch his show or have kids who watch it, think about how it would be if it was Tony Hart? Obviously he is an absolute legend but I'm sure young kidss today enjoyed Mark Speight.

Advertisement