Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Revelations.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

AC3 - byzantine empire circa 350-700AD

you heard it here first

though ive got no actual concrete evidence of that, but ill still drag it up in 8 months when the game is announced if im right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Tis a pity cos he's a great character.

He's cool, as his time period, but three games of him are plenty. After Revelations, we'll have played as him through his entire adult life. It seems right to retire him at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It looks like more Assassins Creed with some more polish and tweaks and little additions and this pleases me greatly.

Can't wait to play this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I'm staying away from all trailers etc for this. I've watched one in the last month or so. My Animus edition cant come quick enough.

• Advertisement

Here's a video of the Animus Edition unboxing. Not watched it yet.

Gotta say, that Encyclopaedia is looking pretty sweet.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/ac-revelations-animus-edition-unboxed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Got the codex edition last year and wasn't disappointed. I think I'll be getting this animus edition. If I can figure out the quickest/cheapest way to get it to Japan. :/

PS I love that music, gets me in the AC mood everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Have been playing through ACII and Brotherhood the past few days, and I hope to god they cut out that 100% sync craic from brotherhood. Kind of stupid having such a free, open game and then try and force you to do a mission a certain way.

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Have been playing through ACII and Brotherhood the past few days, and I hope to god they cut out that 100% sync craic from brotherhood. Kind of stupid having such a free, open game and then try and force you to do a mission a certain way.
    I couldnt disagree with you more. I enjoyed that 100% sync thing. It made me approach the mission in ways that never entered my mind. Instead of just whipping out the crossbow and hitting from afar, they asked me to try and kill the target with my hidden blade, or kill them from a hiding spot. The thing that annoyed me about the system, was that there was no incentive to do it, no reward. Even if they were to add in a trophy/achievements for it. Maybe even some artwork unlocks might get me to try and get a 100% sync.

They cant make it mandatory, that would be too restrictive to the gameplay, but they could at least give you some reward for doing it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,194 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I couldnt disagree with you more. I enjoyed that 100% sync thing. It made me approach the mission in ways that never entered my mind. Instead of just whipping out the crossbow and hitting from afar, they asked me to try and kill the target with my hidden blade, or kill them from a hiding spot. The thing that annoyed me about the system, was that there was no incentive to do it, no reward. Even if they were to add in a trophy/achievements for it. Maybe even some artwork unlocks might get me to try and get a 100% sync.

They cant make it mandatory, that would be too restrictive to the gameplay, but they could at least give you some reward for doing it that way.

There was the Cristina missions that you unlocked with higher rates of sync, but other than that I agree. I was surprised there wasn't even a trophy for getting them all 100%. I'd probably have preferred that to the multiplayer trophy for getting every bonus in one game

• Advertisement

Thats the thing though, surely the option should be there. Example being the Borgia towers, several you can just shoot the captain or just run through and kill him, but I much prefer picking off archers(not with the pistol) and moving in for the kill slowly, basically eliminate all his guards first. If someone wants to shoot the captain fair enough, thats the way they want to play the game.

The whole game is about the open world, nothing can get in your way, free to do it your way yadayada. Annoys me that they then try make you do it their way. ACII had it perfect IMO because you could approach the vast majority of the targets in any manner you liked.

Thats the thing though, surely the option should be there. Example being the Borgia towers, several you can just shoot the captain or just run through and kill him, but I much prefer picking off archers(not with the pistol) and moving in for the kill slowly, basically eliminate all his guards first. If someone wants to shoot the captain fair enough, thats the way they want to play the game.

The whole game is about the open world, nothing can get in your way, free to do it your way yadayada. Annoys me that they then try make you do it their way. ACII had it perfect IMO because you could approach the vast majority of the targets in any manner you liked.
    They didn't make you play it that way. They tried to. But ultimately, the choice was up to you. You could play it your way, or their way. You seem to be annoyed about something that was completely optional, which didn't actually change the way you played, unless you let it change the way you play.

They didn't make you play it that way. They tried to. But ultimately, the choice was up to you. You could play it your way, or their way. You seem to be annoyed about something that was completely optional, which didn't actually change the way you played, unless you let it change the way you play.

They punish you for not playing that way though. I enjoyed the first Cristina mission because it gives a further insight into the whole story. However I haven't got any more since because I can't be bothered doing half the stuff they want. It didn't change the way I played the game, I do it my way still. Just annoys me that you don't get to see further into the back story without letting it change the way you play it.

I mean why would poor Ezio kill no-one except the target:p Take them all out quietly I say.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

In the Da Vinci disappearance dlc theres an achievement for reaching 100% sync in the game and dlc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

My number one wish for this game is the absence of any form of online trophy.

Absolutely, esp since the multiplayer was so bloody well broken and you had to spend 10 minutes waiting for a game.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Absolutely, esp since the multiplayer was so bloody well broken and you had to spend 10 minutes waiting for a game.
    But once you got in, it was brilliant. I do hope they iron out the kinks.

But once you got in, it was brilliant. I do hope they iron out the kinks.

Never bothered with it myself. All them stories I hear of call of duty and FIFA puts me off online play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Never bothered with it myself. All them stories I hear of call of duty and FIFA puts me off online play.

I thought the Assassin's Creed multiplayer was great and I only ocassionally had trouble getting matches.

As for encountering dickheads online; I played it right the way to level 50 and can only recall 1 or 2 players who I would want to avoid in future. I never bothered with the chat mic myself. However I listen as much as possible as people did tend to give away their positions a fair bit :)

Very different game and I'd be the same as James in that I've almost never encountered dickheads playing it. CoD and FIFA are games that seem to have a culture of these idiots somehow being accepted instead of reported and kicked off the services. I don't play those sorts of games on Console for those reasons and when I occasionally come across it on PC, they're not long getting booted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I've never seen much in the way of asshattery in the multiplayer. You'll get the folks who don't know what discretion is leaping around all over the place and killing a dozen people in a round, but because they're being so public about them you can still beat them easily with just 2-3 stealthy kills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Brotherhood's online is a far more cerebral affair than either of those games. It's a shame that they don't transport certain elements of it into the main game. Rather than pick out the yellowiest, glowiest dude in a crowd it would be nice to actually have to stake out your kill and hunt him down.

As for Revelations, I'm getting a bit sick of all the new gadgets they bring in each installment. It's like the only way they know how to innovate. Ezio is like a 16th century James Bond at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,194 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sarky wrote: »
    I've never seen much in the way of asshattery in the multiplayer. You'll get the folks who don't know what discretion is leaping around all over the place and killing a dozen people in a round, but because they're being so public about them you can still beat them easily with just 2-3 stealthy kills.

So true. Some guy even sent me an abusive message accusing me of cheating because he got 12 kills and I only got 3 but I won the game. Think he was even more annoyed because my last kill was a revenge poison hidden kill against him :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Beta this weekend if you have Playstation Plus (may only apply to the States though).

http://kotaku.com/5836749/assassins-creed-revelations-gets-a-multiplayer-beta-this-saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I just got an email with a code for the Beta. I don't have Playstation Plus and have no recollection of signing up with Ubisoft. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well I got a beta code today from my UPlay account. So guess its not restricted to America.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Huh, whaddya know. I got one from UPlay as well. Didn't even know i had a UPlay account. Maybe i had to sign up for one to play Assassins Creed 2 on the pc? Guess i know what i'll be doing tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

My inbox is empty, darn.

EDIT: Just checked my Uplay account, it's link to my PSN account so i'm surprised i haven't gotten a code :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just got a code from UPlay.

The email recommends downloading the beta today rather than waiting for launch tomorrow. The PSN is very slow for me regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

My inbox is empty, darn.

EDIT: Just checked my Uplay account, it's link to my PSN account so i'm surprised i haven't gotten a code :(

Meh, might give mine away later, no real interest in playing the beta TBH.

Advertisement