Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicago Fire [NBC - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Serinda Swan (Graceland and Breakout Kings) has been cast in a four-episode arc on NBC’s Chicago Fire. She will play Brittany Baker, a graphic designer and potential new love interest to Kelly Severide (Taylor Kinney) - Source Deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Cross your fingers & toes Shay survives. I'm so incredibly nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I think I'll rewatch the last ep. Just to remind my self.

I hope to god it's not Shea or Matt. Or Gabby.

I am not happy, not happy at all, and the post premiere interviews with the showrunner are doing nothing to help.

• Advertisement

Why :-(

Did the actress want off the show?

I can't remember the last time a fictional character death hit me so hard. I'm honestly not sure if I'll continue to watch. Shay and her relationships with Severide and Dawson were the heart of the show for me.
    There were so many other options to drive drama instead of doing what they did. I can't wrap my head around it.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did the actress want off the show?

Nope, the showrunner did a few interviews where he basically said storylines for Shay were being exhausted, and they needed an act to throw the firehouse in a tailspin. Because of Shay's strong connections to both Severide and Dawson she was fair game.

DeWitt wrote: »
    Nope, the showrunner did a few interviews where he basically said storylines for Shay were being exhausted, and they needed an act to throw the firehouse in a tailspin. Because of Shay's strong connections to both Severide and Dawson she was fair game.

Do you think her death will be a device to get Kelly and Gaby close so the show will have love triangle?

• Advertisement

Oh God, that never even crossed my mind. I seriously hope they never go there. I think they'll use it more to put an emotional wedge between Dawson & Casey, some angst before their inevitable wedding. And for Severide it's an excuse for them to write him back to his old ways of sleeping around and general carelessness.

DeWitt wrote: »
    Oh God, that never even crossed my mind. I seriously hope they never go there. I think they'll use it more to put an emotional wedge between Dawson & Casey, some angst before their inevitable wedding. And for Severide it's an excuse for them to write him back to his old ways of sleeping around and general carelessness.

Severide is going to be living with Dawson and Casey

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Severide is going to be living with Dawson and Casey

Wow. You've more than likely called it then, Liz.

Wow another brilliant episode! Good on Boden for keeping the house together!
    Cant wait for next wk, looks brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Oh 3 has started back, great I love this show. I watched the first 35 episodes one Sat & Sun last year, then made the mistake off rewatching with the wife, we haven't yet watched all of s1. Sod that time for another catch up binge.

Does anyone else remember Lt Walsh as Burner in Pensacola Wings of Gold?
    But what a jackass.

I really do hope Gabby does well on truck. I think she has even more to prove because those guys are her friends.

Not fond of the new paramedic at all. Just cant warm to her.

Kelly Severide is kinda going off the rails a small bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

just a tad

Brilliant episode of Chicago Fire this week. What the hell is going to happen with Dawson and Casey now!
    The new chief is a piece of work! I hope Otis decks him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

SarahBM wrote: »
    Brilliant episode of Chicago Fire this week. What the hell is going to happen with Dawson and Casey now!
    The new chief is a piece of work! I hope Otis decks him!

Hate the new Chief. Glad that Casey and Severide stood up to him and that in the end everyone at Firehouse had Otis' back...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭squonk

The episode reminded me of the Star Trek TNG episodes where Captain Jellico (Ronnie Cox) took over the Enterprise while Picard was away. He was a dick too.

I just watched the 3 part cross over between Chicago Fire, Chicago PD and SVU. Brilliant piece of TV.

OMFG what a season finale! and PD too.

I don't think I can cope with having to wait all summer! Another great season over all.

Not too keen on Chilly though. She annoyed me in Friday Night Lights and she is annoying me in this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Question: are we supposed to watch Chicago PD and Chicago Fire in tandem rather than watch all one and then the other?

I watched the 2nd PD and now watching 3rd Fire but there is a pretty big story line half way through that is played out on PD but just skipped over in Fire, I thought I had missed an episode and had to check an episode guide.

Could get messy when Chicago Med starts

it helps if you watch them week by week, i think you watch CF first and then CPD but there were weeks were there was no way CF so find the week and watch CPD instead. Bit crap if you want to binge watch in fairness.

But if CPD aint your thing it doesnt matter anyway, you could just watch one episode of it when you have the first crossover watched.

Brian White and Steven R. McQueen join Source

Really good season so far, pretty much action packed and the whole thing with the station being watched so closely by one of the chiefs, you know there's going to be something big due to happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭squonk

It's a good season alright but you just know that the new Lieutenant is gong to come a cropper before the end of the season and Severite will be back in his old position next year. Not knocking the show but it's fairly obvious I think.

Advertisement