Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I want to sell US dollars to an Irish bank

• 29-01-2015 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi,

I have some US Dollars I would like to sell to an Irish Bank here. Does anyone know who can give me the best deal? Any links etc would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

im looking to buy US dollars. if youre located in dublin, we could cut out the middle man fees and agree on a good deal for us both.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭horsebox7

Thanks for the offer but I just went to my local AIB in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

horsebox7 wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer but I just went to my local AIB in the end.

What rate did you get compared to the posh office? Did you need an account with them? I want to change it without an account

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭horsebox7

Their buy rate was about 1.17. I don't think the post office exchange cash they seem to only deal with the FX card. I don't think you need an AIB account to exchange but I did give them my account details just so the money I got could be put into my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

In a similar vein, I have Canadian dollars I would like to sell for euros to someone who may be emigrating soon, at a mutually better rate than a bank.
    Anyone interested or know of somewhere that I could look to do this? Don't see much advertised on Adverts or the like for this

• Advertisement
Advertisement