Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I…? Advice please

• 29-01-2015 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Texting this guy that I met on grindr, very normal guy, nothing strange or unusual… wants to hook up soon - is this safe or what do y'all think about this sort of stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,907 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Texting this guy that I met on grindr, very normal guy, nothing strange or unusual… wants to hook up soon - is this safe or what do y'all think about this sort of stuff?
    It may or may not work out well, but the risk that it will actually be dangerous is probably small.

Standard advice when meeting for the first time someone that you have only encountered online is (a) meet in a public place, e.g. a coffee shop, with no commitment to move on to somewhere private, and (b) make sure that someone who cares about you knows who you are meeting, and where, and what your plans for the evening are, and that that person expects to hear from you when you get home. It all sounds a bit dramatic but if you are concerned about safety this is a good protocol to follow, and will give you some reassurance.

Advertisement