Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New reel advice

• 07-02-2011 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I want to buy a new reel for the coming season. Ill be fishing from a boat around the dalkey area. Fixed reel because I have never used a multiplier before. I have a budget of up to 150. All advice welcome. My current reel has seen better days :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dukelow

I'm not a sea angler but I have dabbled in the past. Like every thing you get what you pay for. From what I can remember I don't think you can go wrong with Abu Garcia or Penn reels.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zziplex

Hi there, I know you said you never used a multi reel before but its not really a issue when fishing from a boat as there is no mad casting involved unless uptiding of course but still....What type of boat fishing do you do exactly? Something like a slosh 20/30, Penn 525/535, Abu 7000, Or even a avet im sure if you look in the right places. As for fixed spools I use shimano/daiwa mainly. Call into/phone joe byrne in courtown angling centre: http://www.courtownangling.com/

Advertisement