Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that annoy you Part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I hate the term "Dipped headlights" and I have no idea why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The term 'for sh*ts and giggles', don't know why it annoys me so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

People who try crossing the road when there is a pedestrian crossing/green man about 50 feet further along. Now that's really annoying! walk the extra few steps to where you're supposed to cross! !I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

vitani wrote: »

I swear to god, I'm this close to grabbing the phone off her and throwing it out the window.

I have come close to doing this, I really really don't want to hear the details of other people's lives, at top volume, on the bus/ train.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Aglomerado wrote: »
    "Yolo" is never, ever forgiveable!

Imagine how I feel when I'm in Ennis - there's a restaurant bar with that exact name. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ah here....... Thats taking the the Mick alright..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

The very fat person I saw the other day waiting for a lift. The alternative (stairs) takes about 15 seconds to climb, even for me with my currently banjaxed hip (bone infection).

How ****ing lazy are some people? I'm sick of this taboo that surrounds people with blatantly unhealthy lifestyles. Just like mental illness, no-one dares talk about or challenge the obese, the alcoholics (ah, he's just fond of a drink) etc....

Also, I hate walking past the gate of a certain hospital every morning on my way to college, and there is ALWAYS a gaggle of wrinkley faced crones coughing and puffing outside the gates. Do they not ever look in a mirror and wonder what's causing the premature mummification?

Get off the bloody Bensons for **** sake! Same for you, young and gorgeous women on a night out in town....you go to all that effort with clothes, hair, and makeup, you spend heaps of money trying to look as young and healthy as possible, and destroy the whole image with a filthy fag hanging from your gob.\

It's not sexy or glamorous. Kick it!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The misuse of the word shocking. Most things aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

People who write the word "weather",when they mean "whether".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Aidric wrote: »
    The misuse of the word shocking. Most things aren't.

That's literally the most annoying thing ever!

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭deblacker

Straight off the bat, let's go ahead and say the same thing again:

- People standing on escalators.

I know, I know; that's what they're for, but Jaysus don't be so lazy.

I lack creativity...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

deblacker wrote: »
    Straight off the bat, let's go ahead and say the same thing again:

- People standing on escalators.

I know, I know; that's what they're for, but Jaysus don't be so lazy.

I lack creativity...

Ill expand.....people standing on the step right behind me when I have a short skirt on.........space pleassssse......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

petrol stations that take the pin out of the handle so you have to hold the trigger for the entire fill. aghhhhh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Mariasofia wrote: »
    Ill expand.....people standing on the step right behind me when I have a short skirt on.........space pleassssse......

I'm missing something obvious, aren't I? I would've thought if they wanted to look up your skirt, they'd have a better angle standing on the steps further down?

It's clearly not something I've ever given a lot of thought to... :o

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I'm missing something obvious, aren't I? I would've thought if they wanted to look up your skirt, they'd have a better angle standing on the steps further down?

It's clearly not something I've ever given a lot of thought to... :o

He stood on the same step....... :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

Cartoons that use slang and incorrect grammar. STOP TEACHING THE KIDS TO TALK THIS WAY!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Cartoons that use slang and incorrect grammar. STOP TEACHING THE KIDS TO TALK THIS WAY!!!!

That reminds me -

The D4 accent I actually don't mind it, but it's a bit of a mental mindfcuk when you hear children as young as three and four speaking with a Texan drawl after being babysat by the TV and fed a steady diet of Barney and Bear in the Big Blue House! :confused:

I guess now I know how our parents felt when we would mimic Sylvester the cat, Foghorn Leghorn, Yosemite Sam, Elmer Fudd and of course, Bugs Bunny... :o

That's literally the most annoying thing ever!

Almost as annoying as people completely misusing the word 'literally'!!,
    Mariasofia wrote: »
    people standing on the step right behind me when I have a short skirt on.........space pleassssse......

Never understood the attraction. I'm a relatively young and hot-blooded male but....yuck!

Use of imagination is much sexier. Fully clothed but snug fitting enough to reveal shape and voila - 'theater of the mind' comes into play!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

bobbygrant wrote: »
    people using 'was like' or 'went' too much instead of 'said'.

People who relay conversations starting each sentence with
    'and she turned around to him.....'
    'and then he turned around to her.....'
    'and she then turned around to him.......'

Surely they would be very dizzy at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

SamAK wrote: »
    Never understood the attraction. I'm a relatively young and hot-blooded male but....yuck!

Use of imagination is much sexier. Fully clothed but snug fitting enough to reveal shape and voila - 'theater of the mind' comes into play!

Statements like this. Very annoying.

• Advertisement

Hes "relatively young".........we'll leave him off :-D!

Annoying because...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

People who pretend not to have heard of something/someone incredibly popular or newsworthy. It's as though they think they score points by feigning ignorance to everyone about something.

Like someone might reply saying "Barack Obama? never heard of him" or "I had to google Man United there to know what you were talking about, apperently they play soccerball....?"

The more popular someone is, the more likely someone will say they've never heard of them, I'm loathe to use the word, but it seems a very hipster-like thing to say. As though they are proving to you that they have better tastes and interests so this all passed them by.

Secondly, the type of person who must think that their death will instantly occur if they miss the opportunity to say (or probably copy and paste, given the frequency with which it's said) the following in any thread about Celtic, republicanism/nationalism, or the GAA:

"I always find it amusing/ironic the way they all say they hate Britain, but they all support British teams in the Premiership"

Often paired with photo of the lad in the Celtic tracksuit outside Croker.

I sorta see it as a Godwin type statement, its such a stock argument with no thought put into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Those fücks who point at their wrist while asking for the time. :mad:

Oh and cracking your knuckles. Just stop.

Easy way to solve that one. Simply point at your cock when you want to ask where the bathroom is. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

When you're walking in a crowd and the person infront of you is trying their best to walk as slow as humanly possible and because its so packed, its hard for you to outpass them and then they stop, right infront of you. Literally the most frustrating thing ever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Yeah people walking slow annoy me... Especially tourists... Heh :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i was out drinking last night with my french flatmate and her friends

and I just know they're going to wake up this morning with clear heads and go skipping down to the off license for more drink tonight like i would have when I was their age

bastards

young bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I know there is always going to a certain amount of repetition here, but it drives me nuts when someone post something, or a slight variation of something that was posted maybe two pages back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

when youre having a **** and you accidentally squirt some juice onto your leg.

inconvenient

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

The phrase "turned around"

"And then I turned around and was like...and then she turned around and said...and then I turned around and told her..."

Kunts rotating mid conversation like a rotisserie chicken!

Haha I had a driving instructor once who used this phrase very regularly - I didn't know that though in my first or second so when he said "Now just turn around and put on your indicator" I turned the car around!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement