Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon UK - slow to dispatch.

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Got me parcel today christmas is saved :pac:

Delivered 2013-12-12T12:23:58-05:00 West IE
    Out for delivery 2013-12-12T06:40:58-05:00 West IE
    Entered into local delivery system 2013-12-10T14:41:53-05:00 Hawkes Bay Couriers (Hub) IE
    Consolidation Arrived - Pending Customs Clearance and inbound scan 2013-12-10T00:00:00-05:00 IE
    Exported i-Parcel and in transit to country of destination 2013-12-09T10:42:00-05:00 Surrey GB
    Received at i-Parcel 2013-12-08T12:40:39-05:00 Surrey GB
    Package details received electronically from Seller 2013-12-02T19:20:45-05:00 IE

still tho 10 days is an awful long time to wait for a package!

Got me parcel today christmas is saved :pac:

Delivered 2013-12-12T12:23:58-05:00 West IE
    Out for delivery 2013-12-12T06:40:58-05:00 West IE
    Entered into local delivery system 2013-12-10T14:41:53-05:00 Hawkes Bay Couriers (Hub) IE
    Consolidation Arrived - Pending Customs Clearance and inbound scan 2013-12-10T00:00:00-05:00 IE
    Exported i-Parcel and in transit to country of destination 2013-12-09T10:42:00-05:00 Surrey GB
    Package details received electronically from Seller 2013-12-02T19:20:45-05:00 IE

still tho 10 days is an awful long time to wait for a package!

What was your estimated time of arrival on your dispatch email from Amazon?

What was your estimated time of arrival on your dispatch email from Amazon?

Tuesday the 10th

nava wrote: »
    I ordered something from amazon shipped via I-parcel and was quite quick to arrive, you can contact i-parcel to check the tracking number for fastway as they do the deliveries in Ireland. Reply was within a couple of hours,

Event Event Date City Country Code
    Delivered 2013-11-28T15:13:39-05:00 Dublin IE
    Out for delivery 2013-11-28T08:18:14-05:00 Dublin IE
    Entered into local delivery system 2013-11-27T18:20:36-05:00 Hawkes Bay Couriers (Hub) IE
    Consolidation Arrived - Pending Customs Clearance and inbound scan 2013-11-27T00:00:00-05:00 IE
    Exported i-Parcel and in transit to country of destination 2013-11-26T10:12:00-05:00 Surrey GB
    Received at i-Parcel 2013-11-26T03:28:37-05:00 Surrey GB
    Package details received electronically from Seller 2013-11-24T08:59:55-05:00 IE

What was your estimated delivery date? Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

What was your estimated delivery date? Thanks

I don't see it on the order, but I think it was around the date it was delivered, maybe 1 day up or down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Tuesday the 10th

If you look at the first two tracking events on your order it shows that Amazon sat on your order for 6days between the 2nd and the 8th before passing it to iparcel for delivery.

Amazon are ripping the piss the last month or so. I got my credit card statement a day earlier than usual so unless An Post have moved people away from parcels to letters then it's not their problem. Dispatch has been taking up to 4 days for in-stock items as well so they're doing it on both ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Amazon are ripping the piss the last month or so. I got my credit card statement a day earlier than usual so unless An Post have moved people away from parcels to letters then it's not their problem. Dispatch has been taking up to 4 days for in-stock items as well so they're doing it on both ends.

it must depend,

i ordered a photography accessory and childrens books on Wed night, delivered by anpost on Friday, on the free supersaver delivery....

swift movement from them both.

i also had a parcel going back to them i sent into my local post office on friday last week, tracking showed it only leaving that post office on wed last (both outgoing and incoming parcels ended up in Dublin together :D ), i got a refund and item received email from amazon today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I had an item late for 2 days was meant to land on Mon, but landed today & ordered more on Mon & was expected to arrive on or near 24th is now scheduled to arrive this Friday, i'll see if it does?

A bit hit or miss!
    chasm wrote: »
    Same here, although i knew when they dispatched on friday that i probably wouldnt have it by Monday. Have 2 more orders waiting for dispatch which i hope with arrive by Christmas.

Turns out when i landed back last nite, i was told the package actually arrived on Thursday, so going from two days late to one day early? Explain that one :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Ah crap, I ordered something last night. I think it maybe too late for Christmas. Expected delivery between 28-30 December.

What are the last days for shipping? I ordered last night. Surely dispatch shouldnt be any later than tomorrow.

Will that be enough time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭okiss

Sorry hard luck woman. The last date for the Super Saver Delivery to Ireland with a guarantee that you would have the item in Ireland by Christmas day was Friday 13th Dec.

I ordered a large item on Sat 14 Dec and saw on Monday that it was still not dispatched.
    I spoke to an amazon customer service agent via live chat yesterday about this.
    I got an email from them today to say they would send the item via Priority international delivery as a once off. I have made several orders over a number of years from amazon.

I would contact them via web chat and see when your items will be dispatched.
    Give them the order number and what items you ordered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I ordered something on Monday night.

Dispatched today.

Expected delivery has been changed to Monday 23rd.

Thats pretty good if it came that fast.

ordered something on Friday 13th and it is still sitting in Amazon depot in Balby Doncaster even though they say it has been handed to DHL. the DHL tracking number doesn't work.

There were several other items ordered in the same order amd another order from Friday which all arrived together on Tuesday morning, Delivered by Royal Mail and An Post!

I think it could be down to a few different things, the size of the parcel being one meaning if it can be delivered by normal post by an post/royal mail it will be quicker, if it has to go by corrier it can be a little longer and the other being who is the dispatcher of the item, if its not sold and dispatched by amazon sarl or .co.uk, its a third party and the dispatch is outside amazons hands and down to the third partys methods of delivery meaning that amazon has no control over how long these third parties take to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

Waiting on part of one order. Placed it on the 10th, 6 items,all in stock(supposedly),all sold by Amazon S.a.r.L.
    1 item was meant to be shipped seperately, yet when part of the order shipped that item was actually in it and another item was then listed as shipping seperately instead.
    Received the first part of the order today-2 days after dispatch. The other item is showing as preparing for dispatch with an estimated delivery of today or tomorrow!
    Once the item is dispatched it is only a matter of days till receipt, but the delays in processing is a joke!

chasm wrote: »
    Waiting on part of one order. Placed it on the 10th, 6 items,all in stock(supposedly),all sold by Amazon S.a.r.L.
    1 item was meant to be shipped seperately, yet when part of the order shipped that item was actually in it and another item was then listed as shipping seperately instead.
    Received the first part of the order today-2 days after dispatch. The other item is showing as preparing for dispatch with an estimated delivery of today or tomorrow!
    Once the item is dispatched it is only a matter of days till receipt, but the delays in processing is a joke!

well that blew my theory out the door :p
    hope you get it soon!

Despite Amazon's claims to the contrary i would say the strikes at some of their warehouses in Germany IS affecting on customers.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ab5e09d2-67fa-11e3-a905-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2o0wBCam5

"Amazon insists that the number of workers on strike is too low to affect its trade over the busy holiday season.

The company estimates that 1,115 people were on strike on Monday out of more than 9,000 full-time employees. It has also hired an additional 14,000 temporary workers to help with the spike in demand at the end of the year.

“Customers can continue to rely on receiving their shipments in time for Christmas Eve,” the spokesperson added. "

Amazon account still saying my final order has an ED date of 24th december but UPS is saying the scheduled delivery date is 27th December so looks like one of the Christmas presents will not be arriving in time :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

I just had a "lovely" 2 hour long chat about Super Saver Delivery to the Republic of Ireland.

My issue was about the threshold of 25 pounds for the Republic and 10 pounds for the North for Super Saver Delivery.

Lets hope for some policy changes!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Does anyone know if I-Parcel are still using Fastway Couriers when the package gets into Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

Xenji wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I-Parcel are still using Fastway Couriers when the package gets into Ireland?

I had a Amazon package delivered the other day by I-Parcel and they used Fastway.

At the time I emailed I-Parcel and they gave me the Fastway tracking number.

Also Fastway normally email me when there are delivering a package that day but sometimes I find the email comes after I signed for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've had the misfortune of having my package handed over to I-Parcel, and not surprisingly I'm still waiting for it

According to the tracking on Amazon, it says:
    10 September 2014---8:50 am---Surrey---Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
    6 September 2014---7:46 pm---Parcel has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit

Whereas according to I-Parcel they didn't receive the package until the 10th, as mentioned above

So that's 3.5 days where it apparently hung in limbo somewhere along the way. How exactly is the change-over from Amazon to I-Parcel done? Was it just waiting in a dispatch area all that time, waiting for a courier to come by to pick it up, without even scanning it?

And since it arrived in Surrey two days ago, it hasn't moved since. The estimated delivery date was today, and yet it still has to leave the UK :rolleyes:

Also, whenever it eventually does arrive in Ireland, would they (or Fastway) be able to add my phone number to the order? I never supplied one because I didn't think they'd bother using a courier to deliver a DVD boxset

Handed over to carrier for amazon means it has been put in a post bag or cage to await collection by the courier. basically in some of their centres the carriers only collect once or twice a week.

Advertisement