Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to look for leather jacket

• 24-08-2012 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a new leather jacket after my old one got damaged. (black or brown)

I'm kind of fussy - I really don't like the leather jackets with loads of zips and studs and I'm specifically looking for a pretty plain one (would also like if it had a hood but not really necessary)

I saw one in a charity shop last year (kicking myself now for not buying it) by a brand called POP England. Haven't seen that brand anywhere else though.

I've looked in dundrum and town, in most of the shops. Urban Outfitters, a-wear, oasis, pennys, zara, mexx, BT2..... and I only saw one I'd even consider getting in french connection (150e)

Anyone know any good websites/places in Dublin that would have a decent selection?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Cult on Suffolk St had some nice Superdry leather jackets last year. Dont know about this year. Maybe give them a try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Topshop have a great selection of leather jackets I got one there with a hood before I haven't found one anywhere else. You might find on there I'm not sure if they still have ones with a hood. They have really nice ones on the website.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I think the Harlequin and Eager Beaver stock Pop clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Thanks!!

I'll check all those places out this weekend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

kate.m wrote: »
    Thanks!!

I'll check all those places out this weekend. :)

Oasis have a gorgeous one at the mo - I am thinking of getting it but it's 210e :-O - I guess it's real leather so :-P

Like you I don't like the leather jackets with all the zips etc so this one in oasis is not like that at all.

There was a thread a few weeks back about this where I put up the link to the jacket buy you'd find it easy enough on the website I'd say - not too many 210e leather jackets on it I'd imagine ;-)

There's also a gorgeous looking one on the next website - it's 215e though and a mink colour but it's really nice :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Loveshake

saw a lovely one yesterday in warehouse on henry street(in debenhams)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I got a lovely one in Wallis last year. I think they have some in at the moment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Tried eager beaver and harlequin again - no luck. Harlequin had one lovely and plain one, not bad at 70e either but it was too small.

Cult had a few but they had the superdry logo plastered on the back and lots of pockets and zips - really nice leather though.

I walked into the enable ireland shop and found a jacket with a hood for 10e though! :cool: it's pretty nice, a few pockets and things, but it fits and for that price I can't argue! It'll do until I find a nicer one somewhere else!

I'll keep looking though :)

Thanks again!

Advertisement