Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

House missing in Killarney??

• 22-06-2011 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Allan_001

Hi all,

I booked a house to rent in Killarney for this week in Doneen. I have been trying to contact the owner for directions and confirmation but the number rings out. I have talked to the house owner a few times, his name is Tony Sheedy does any one know of him or how to contact him?

This is the house:

http://www.rent.ie/holiday-homes/Doneen-Killarney-Co-Kerry/16644/

Cheers,
    Allan.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Is there such a place as Doneen in Killarney? Know of a Dooneen in Kilcummin.

You paid him anything yet? If not and if he's not answering his phone, I'd say move on and get somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Allan_001

Yeah there is a place (very small) justr north of Killarney called Doneen. Paid a deposit, the problem is now that its this weekend, and there is nowhere available big enough for the group. The only saving grace is that the deposit was paid to a bank account in AIB Killarney, so it should be traceable as I have the account number and name on the account. This makes me think that its not a scam, but contact would be nice all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

strangest thread title ever...this was at the top of the front page when i logged into boards and first thing that came into my mind was this...

d5c18a03e5571f97355b106641126d42.jpg

Perhaps that's what I will find when I go looking for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,973 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Allan_001 wrote: »
    Perhaps that's what I will find when I go looking for it!

It would be very easy to find the place thanks to the website map, but if the owner's nowhere to be found there's no point going there.:(

• Advertisement

Yep house is gone the way of many a house in Ireland. To the banks!

Ah well.

• Allan_001 wrote: »
    Yeah there is a place (very small) justr north of Killarney called Doneen.

I can't find it!

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~irlker/killarney.html

But there is a Dooneen in Kilcummin. Which is just north of Killarney.

http://www.kilcumminparish.com/history/townlands.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Spook80

I'm sure ya already did but make sure to leave a clear voice message with your number. Maybe he's just not answering calls as theyre all about the house.

DaveM80 wrote: »
    I'm sure ya already did but make sure to leave a clear voice message with your number. Maybe he's just not answering calls as theyre all about the house.

The OP's already explained that the house has been re-possessed by the bank, so the new owner is the bank. It must be a huge house that had a huge mortgage on it.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Spook80

my bad, sorry i missed that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

strangest thread title ever...this was at the top of the front page when i logged into boards and first thing that came into my mind was this...

d5c18a03e5571f97355b106641126d42.jpg

This must be the banks new night deposit hatch,,,,,,,just theowing it into a black hole:):)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

I can't find it!

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~irlker/killarney.html

But there is a Dooneen in Kilcummin. Which is just north of Killarney.

http://www.kilcumminparish.com/history/townlands.htm
    Get a life <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Twixster

Allan_001 wrote: »
    Yep house is gone the way of many a house in Ireland. To the banks!

Ah well.

Will you get your deposit back? hope so :o

• Jul3s wrote: »
    Get a life

Um. Only one of us is getting annoyed because of something on the internet. Relax.

The OP complained of something that seemed like a scam. I pointed out that the address does not exist. You might think that all very pedantic. He was obviously worried enough to put up a thread about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Keep it friendly please!

Um. Only one of us is getting annoyed because of something on the internet. Relax.

The OP complained of something that seemed like a scam. I pointed out that the address does not exist. You might think that all very pedantic. He was obviously worried enough to put up a thread about it.
    That's hilarious, you still don't get it!.

That's hilarious, you still don't get it!.

I get it. You're annoyed. It' still only the internet. Relax.

If my pointing out that a townland does not exist provokes this reaction, I'd hate to see you in a serious topic!

Anyway, OP, hope you enjoy your visit to Kerry. Or as Jul3s might say "enjoy Derry"...sure it's only out one letter... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭manna452121

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

I just purged this thread of all the latest crap. If people cannot abstain from personal insults I'll lock this thread.

I get it. You're annoyed. It' still only the internet. Relax.

If my pointing out that a townland does not exist provokes this reaction, I'd hate to see you in a serious topic!

Anyway, OP, hope you enjoy your visit to Kerry. Or as Jul3s might say "enjoy Derry"...sure it's only out one letter... ;)
    Ok Connor73 you win you got the last word in.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AndyMacCrack

We're supposed to be going to the same house in less than 2 weeks.
    We were just wondering if the house turned out okay or not? was it actually repossessed by the bank?:confused:

We're supposed to be going to the same house in less than 2 weeks.
    We were just wondering if the house turned out okay or not? was it actually repossessed by the bank?:confused:

I get the impression that it's dead in the water. It's still on Rent.ie's site, but will probably disappear when the subscription paid by the "owner" runs out.

Sorry, there was a mistake in the original post. It is Dooneen. The house was huge, and taken from the owner. Turns out that it was not a scam. Still waiting for my deposit which seems a little unlikely to be returned. Fingers crossed all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 WexNav

If anyone else has come across this house or this Tony sheedy guy, please PM me ASAP

The house has now been removed from Rent.ie's site.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

A friend just got informed by a site he booked a holiday home on that the guy she paid to rent a house from for a few days a Mr. Anthony M Sheedy, was a scammer and was removed from the site. He cannot contact him and has paid the deposit. I have his email address if the OP wants to DM me to compare notes. I have a feeling its the same guy.
    The site was http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk, but the original advert is now gone.

Moojuice wrote: »
    A friend just got informed by a site he booked a holiday home on that the guy she paid to rent a house from for a few days a Mr. Anthony M Sheedy, was a scammer and was removed from the site. He cannot contact him and has paid the deposit. I have his email address if the OP wants to DM me to compare notes. I have a feeling its the same guy.
    The site was http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk, but the original advert is now gone.
    It can't be the same guy because as connor73 informed us there is no such place as Doneen, so therefore there is no house and there can't be any landlord of a house that never existed in a townland that does not exist.

Jul3s, as previously stated the place is Dooneen, I typed it incorreclty as Doneen in the original post. There is a landlord/scammer taking deposits from people and giving them excuses as to why he has to cancel bookings. He never returns the deposit.
    Jul3s wrote: »
    It can't be the same guy because as connor73 informed us there is no such place as Doneen, so therefore there is no house and there can't be any landlord of a house that never existed in a townland that does not exist.

:D

2 or 3 weeks later and you still got it bad.

Give it a rest. I'm sure most people are tired of it, including the mod.

• Advertisement

:D

2 or 3 weeks later and you still got it bad.

Give it a rest. I'm sure most people are tired of it, including the mod.
    Took you more than 24hrs to bite:cool:.

Advertisement