Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RB3 General Discussion!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Picked up the game today and I am loving it. I had to clear up a lot of memory and will do the exprt shortly.

Quick question: I made a UK silver account to get RBN songs. When I try to redeem my code for 2100 points it asks for all sorts of billing info and what not. I should be ok for this sort of stuff right? And what postal code will the system accept?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Nockz wrote: »
    Picked up the game today and I am loving it. I had to clear up a lot of memory and will do the exprt shortly.

Quick question: I made a UK silver account to get RBN songs. When I try to redeem my code for 2100 points it asks for all sorts of billing info and what not. I should be ok for this sort of stuff right? And what postal code will the system accept?

hey nockz , welcome welcome to the forum :)

If i remember correctly I just googled a business address and used that, post code and phone number are the key ones I think.

Try using this if it will allow and you have problems using a googled one (same as I used)
    Address 1 = Stoney Lane
    City = London
    Post code = NW1 8TQ
    Phone = 0044862438528

calex71 wrote: »
    hey nockz , welcome welcome to the forum :)

If i remember correctly I just googled a business address and used that, post code and phone number are the key ones I think.

Try using this if it will allow and you have problems using a googled one (same as I used)
    Address 1 = Stoney Lane
    City = London
    Post code = NW1 8TQ
    Phone = 0044862438528
    Haha brilliant idea.

I am just using the gmail equivalent of my hotmail address but there are no obvious downsides to this right? I just want my RBN stuff :D Exporting the RB2 songs with the UK account will still allow my Irish tags to use the content right?

Really gotta get me and my bro active here. We play too much Halo and not enough RB.

I prefer to keep as much as possible to my irish account like the export and the UK account just for RBN but it's not like you can split a points card to do that.

It will work as long as that profile is on your xbox and the content will be available to all other profiles then.

I prefer to keep as much as possible to my irish account like the export and the UK account just for RBN but it's not like you can split a points card to do that.

It will work as long as that profile is on your xbox and the content will be available to all other profiles then.
    Cheers, I would keep it to one account but the points splitting is an issue.

Klutz is me. I had redeemed the RB2 on my irish account, but I hadn't the points to use it. So I put points on my UK tag and now I have a UK tag with 2100 points that can't redeem the code :cool: Ah sure, looks like I will have a lot of points to spend on the RBN and various Halo DLC when they come out.

• Advertisement

Cheers, I would keep it to one account but the points splitting is an issue.

Klutz is me. I had redeemed the RB2 on my irish account, but I hadn't the points to use it. So I put points on my UK tag and now I have a UK tag with 2100 points that can't redeem the code :cool: Ah sure, looks like I will have a lot of points to spend on the RBN and various Halo DLC when they come out.

If i remember I saw an option in RB3 to redeem an already used code? Worth a shot. Not sure what that was for at all but the option was there in RB3 when i was exporting RB2.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

How do you create a UK Live account, actually? I tried it earlier but couldn't figure out how/when you're supposed to enter your location. :(

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I think it comes up when you're making a new account? Well you have to make the profile on your xbox and then "sign up" to xbox box live silver afterwards by signing into that profile and clicking one of the 100s of ads to sign up all over the place :)

do it through xbox.com it's quicker. Just have a new gmail address ready to go 1st and have it tied to a windows live account (msn messenger) and make sure that you tell it that you are in the UK at each step.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

do it through xbox.com it's quicker. Just have a new gmail address ready to go 1st and have it tied to a windows live account (msn messenger) and make sure that you tell it that you are in the UK at each step.
    You don't even need a new email address if you use gmail
    You should be able to use either yourname@gmail.com or yourname@googlemail.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

any word on the mustang lads? i inquired in gamestop in letterkenny over the weekend and they told me it was pulled altogether, which i assume is bull?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Adam wrote: »
    any word on the mustang lads? i inquired in gamestop in letterkenny over the weekend and they told me it was pulled altogether, which i assume is bull?

HMV have it up on their website now at full £125 retail price and have a release date for it of tomorrow. They will courier it here for £2.50(well they did with my prestige MW2), and if you have a HMV student card you'll get 10% off. Since its on their website you should also be able to order one in store.

If you have someone just over the border that you can get it shipped to, Zavvi and The Hut are selling it for £100 and are showing it as being in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

So how hard is the keyboard? Had a quick bash of the training and my stupid bass playing hands just can't seem to manage.

Gonna have to practise a lot!

So how hard is the keyboard? Had a quick bash of the training and my stupid bass playing hands just can't seem to manage.

Well for me zapp it's been a long time since I was so Sh!te at a rhythm game, talk about getting taken back to school. Almost rage inducing :mad:

It's the black keys. I need to play every song twice in a row to do well, 1st one as a practice run to learn the hand positions and the 2nd a scoring run.

There really is no help in the game regards technique. eg do I use my thumbs or not? Found when I did the notes in the chords were not hitting all the notes at the same time.

Also it has no tolerance for being sloppy, I find when I am playing regular keys im accidentally bumping keys left or right of the ones im hitting breaking my combo streak. Then there's the do I use my left or right hand or two hands :confused:

On the plus side it's forgiving when it comes to failing out, you can recover from losing your hand position but you can't take all day to look down correct and look back up :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's a step up from anything else for sure. As calex said, it is hand positioning and black keys that really get you on higher settings. Just never quite sure where my hands are and where they should be. I'm getting better though, slowly but surely: medium isn't a hassle anymore, and a handful of hard songs are passable. Just practice really, and lots of it necessary. I find myself playing the same songs again and again just to get comfortable with the shifts and changes. I'm good enough when the note chart doesn't shift. Three note chords though, now there's something that gets me every single time :pac:

Picked up Lego RB yesterday and disgusted to find that they had run out of 'tokens'. Had a quick whirl of the game and that's one hell of a setlist, didn't realise how good it actually was. Some bland family friendly stuff on there, but also lots and lots of win!

I had a go of keys for the first time last week. Went expert pro for the lolz on Free Bird and I was digging it after a while. Found it way easier to use one hand for the organ cords and two hands for piano progressions. My biggest issue was navigating where my hand should be. Why is there a single orange key???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Picked up RB3 at the weekend and the keyboard, think I prefer this way of playing the tunes, and my fingers don't seem to be suffering quite as much as they do after my attempts at playing the guitar. As I was walking out of the shopping centre I noticed that HMV were flogging off the original RB drums kit for £10, so I got that as well seeing as I now have a bit more space for such things where I'm living.

Now I have to learn how to hit stuff too. :D
    Why is there a single orange key???
    Because that is the next C.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pmass4

How are ya' Lads,

Any updates on the keyboards for PS3 yet? I really want to play it!

Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Completely out of the UK Top 40, yeesh.
    Tis a great game, shame.

Bought 4200 points today, should I set up a new UK account for RBN songs? Are there even good ones on it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Here's the list of RBN songs available.

I'm only spending 800 points there for now: Flight Of The Conchords, Band Of Horses, Rodrigo y Gabriela and a few novelty ones.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah the RBN will probably only have a handful of songs for most tastes. Once I got my Hold Steady / Sleater-Kinney songs, I struggled to spend my last 160 points! Flight of the Conchords it was!

They are, however, extremely handy for the spotlight based road challenges :)

Bang Camaro 'Push Push' and Stan Bush 'The Touch' are almost worth it alone!

Overall RB needs some more Rush and a lot of power metal! I wanna be playing some Edguy or Kamelot songs! :D

Oh, is it wrong I want to buy Cartman singing that Lady GaGa song?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Oh, is it wrong I want to buy Cartman singing that Lady GaGa song?

Isn't that free? I got it for free anyway. And it's awesome :D

Here's the list of RBN songs available.

I'm only spending 800 points there for now: Flight Of The Conchords, Band Of Horses, Rodrigo y Gabriela and a few novelty ones.
    Splurged on Business Time and Buster Voodoo. Soooo good. I am already getting to terms with Gabriela's bits... PARTS.... GUITAR SECTIONS!!!!

Got this one from RBN today :o

Gomez - How We Operate is good aswell, and so is the flogging molly track. I also recommend A day to remember - I'm Made of wax larry

This is a much better site for the releases and regular dlc http://dlcquickplay.com/dlc.php?sub=2&pro= as it has videos of the charts.

Does anyone have updates on PS3 keyboards? :( I want to play it so bad!

pmass4 wrote: »
    Does anyone have updates on PS3 keyboards? :( I want to play it so bad!

Few complaining also on the RB forum from the UK also, the rep from Madcatz there skirted the issue by saying they could be ordered from the madcatz site.

Post #150!

Sorry... Had to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I am rather tempted to delete some random post of mine in here and take it, but I'm just not bothered :P

Advertisement