Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I find the same thing Knifewrench, I've tried CBT for other things so think it mIght be worth a shot for this, see if I can push myself to interact with other people a bit more. Lol easy to say now, wait until I try doing it but at least if I give it a try I can say I doing something about it.

Thank Christ I got a great sleep last night, seems to be making a bit of a difference, I'm coming off sleeping tablets at the moment so it's generally a frustratingly restless night for me at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Does anyone ever feel like they weren't meant for this world? Also anyone have suicidal thoughts every single day? Theres a big jump between suicidal thoughts and actually doing it (lack of motivation and hurting those behind stopping me), but still I have them every single day. Any one else like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Does anyone ever feel like they weren't meant for this world? Also anyone have suicidal thoughts every single day? Theres a big jump between suicidal thoughts and actually doing it (lack of motivation and hurting those behind stopping me), but still I have them every single day. Any one else like this?

yep all the time. i don't get people, and i can't handle things that happen with them all the time. so yeah i think i'm not meant for the world, the way it is. i've always thought that, and tbh i think one day i may very well do something about it.

i just find it too hard to deal with people, but at the same time i need them, so it's just too difficult to deal with it mentally.

i just find it too hard to deal with people, but at the same time i need them, so it's just too difficult to deal with it mentally.
    Exactly, same here. I'm not very good at reading or understanding people. I work in a job which partially involves customer service and I absolutely hate that element of it, I'm not suited to it at all. My dream job would be one which wouldn't involve interaction with people. Driving a train is something I'd love, just you and the open track for a few hours - sure you've the train radio to deal with but I could handle that.

About suicidal thoughts, I have had them. The thing which stops me going through with it is my family and one particular friend of mine. These people are my rock and I'm sure it would devastate them if I went through with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Chin up stupidusername and karsini. I can say that because I'm a depressive :). What cheers me up sometimes is hey look how far we've made it in this hard life without giving up yet. I'm late twenties so around halfway there, we're not doing too badly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Printemps93

yep all the time. i don't get people, and i can't handle things that happen with them all the time. so yeah i think i'm not meant for the world, the way it is. i've always thought that, and tbh i think one day i may very well do something about it.

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Exactly the same,though it has gotten slightly better since I started seeing the psychologist and talking about why I feel this way,and coming up with plans to deal with it besides increasing my meds!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mareliada

hey to all of you who feel you are tettering on the edge of suicide hang in there if you can. i thank god i am not afflicted in this awful way but i know my husband is almost everyday sometimes. he says he doesn't do it partly because he feels he deserves to live this tortured existance that you all describe so honestly and accurately.
    i can't say how important he is to me and how much i need the non sick parts of him (and long to heal the sick parts of him) everyday.
    i wish i knew how to help him more, its heartbreaking to see himlike this when i knwo he has so much to give to the world......

i don't know what it's like to have a well side. this is me, as far as i'm concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

i don't know what it's like to have a well side. this is me, as far as i'm concerned.

Me too. Some people talk about what it was like before depression but for me I have always been like this, its normal. Misery, depression and constant anxiety is just part of life and always will be. I just gotta learn to struggle along with it.

• Advertisement

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Me too. Some people talk about what it was like before depression but for me I have always been like this, its normal. Misery, depression and constant anxiety is just part of life and always will be. I just gotta learn to struggle along with it.

this is what's made me think that for me it's not depression, it's just the way i am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

MUSEIST wrote: »

i can remember fondly what i was like before the depression , , upbeat , ambitious , determined and full of self belief , then again , at 21 , who isnt that way , when depression enters the stage , you spend the rest of your life grieving for the old you which is now dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

irishh_bob wrote: »
    i can remember fondly what i was like before the depression , , upbeat , ambitious , determined and full of self belief , then again , at 21 , who isnt that way , when depression enters the stage , you spend the rest of your life grieving for the old you which is now dead

At least you have the hope that things can be different and that you are capable of having a life like that, problem with me is that I never had a life without depression so this is the best I can hope for, I think this is just the way I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Thingy

Hello people. Has anyone here watched the following talk on Ted :

http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

I would be interested in what people here think, also the comments after the video.

Love and Peace.

Thank you.

irishh_bob wrote: »

I can somewhat remember how I was before, I have to look back to when I was 14 or younger. I wasn't as quiet and was more confident. I wouldn't say I was happy, just happier. Nowadays I just seem shy, ashamed and apathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Had a little anxiety episode today, my heart was fluttering for a few hours bad, anxiety spikede bad for no reason at all, thankfully it passed but i can still feel my anexity just bubbling below the surface, mood seems to be ok could be better but nowhere near the lows of last month, fingers crossed for a increase of meds next tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Printemps93

luckyfrank wrote: »
    fingers crossed for a increase of meds next tuesday

I've only 2 days to wait thank God

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mdan

luckyfrank wrote: »
    Had a little anxiety episode today, my heart was fluttering for a few hours bad, anxiety spikede bad for no reason at all, thankfully it passed but i can still feel my anexity just bubbling below the surface, mood seems to be ok could be better but nowhere near the lows of last month, fingers crossed for a increase of meds next tuesday

what meds are you on? im on citalopram - have had the heart fluttering and fullness in the chest having to take deep breath to get a breathfor few days ended up with gp again knowing i was going to hear the same thing - but wanted so badly to ask him to send me for a chest xray and couldnt say it - waste of 50 that i dont have to throw away... and its awful - next week now it will probably nausea!! God its just mad.........xx

mdan wrote: »
    what meds are you on? im on citalopram - have had the heart fluttering and fullness in the chest having to take deep breath to get a breathfor few days ended up with gp again knowing i was going to hear the same thing - but wanted so badly to ask him to send me for a chest xray and couldnt say it - waste of 50 that i dont have to throw away... and its awful - next week now it will probably nausea!! God its just mad.........xx

I was diagnosed with gad and depression

I take 15mg of lexapro in the morning and was put on 15 mg of zispin at night last month which i found to help my mood and sleep quite well, I still get morning heart flutters like clock-work when i wake up but ive had these for years, im aware it's anexity especially during the day as i can feel it 'build up' still though it's not a nice experience, ive made such progress in the last month on zispin 15mg that im hopefull if i go to 30mg which is seeing as a therapeutic dose that i might be able to live a normal life anexity and depression free, it is very true what they say you have to give AD's at least a month first few days on zispin i felt like a zombie i was spaced out of it, body just needs time to adjust

Zispin so far has being the best AD ive being on it's way ahead of surmontil, effexor, valdoxan and lexapro

Keep up the hope guys im living proof that with the right med or meds AD combo working great for me that there is light at the end of the tunnel, im not there yet but im positive i can get there

YES WE CAN !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Hi all can anybody suggest a good GP one that has an interest in depression would be helpful! In the Dublin city area-round st stephens green anywhere round there. If they open saturdays i could go further. Please PM if possible,

thanks x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

SATSUMA wrote: »
    Hi all can anybody suggest a good GP one that has an interest in depression would be helpful! In the Dublin city area-round st stephens green anywhere round there. If they open saturdays i could go further. Please PM if possible,

thanks x
    Google is your friend here, a lot of surgeries have websites which often have a profile of the GP's working there. My own GP is great but she's in Castleknock, if that's any use let me know.

Right, just had the week from hell, got the fright of my life on Tuesday and my first reaction was to call someone but realised there wasn't anyone I had to call, since then my mood has been really down, it went up great yesterday and wake up this morning and it's crap again. Long day ahead of me today, so hoping I can make it through ok.
    Roll in tomorrow and hopefully a really good sleep this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭viota

i have depression, severe anxiety,ocd and bordeline personality disorder.I'm on 15mg of lexapro,25mg of largactil zimovane 7.5mg and 2mg of risperdal.I have good days and bad days.Mostly bad days im afraid.I have been suicidal a lot of the time.I cant remember a time where i was happy.

feeling really down today. meant to be going to the cinema in a while, so tempted to cancel, but it's not fair. i keep doing stupid things, and that's what brings me down. i dont know why i do these things, and i dont know how to stop.

feeling really down today. meant to be going to the cinema in a while, so tempted to cancel, but it's not fair. i keep doing stupid things, and that's what brings me down. i dont know why i do these things, and i dont know how to stop.

Not feeling amazing these last few days, i keep having to remind myself how bad i was last month and how i feel now which is better, i hate i have to wait every month to go to the clinic its such a slow process

why cant i have things happen and handle them like other people instead of feeling like killing myself. how stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Only came across this type of thread when I saw it in the new post feed. Was trying to find a place like this, I guess just been wanting to see other peoples experiences and views on this.

This would be my first post on this type of thing, I guess I just want to talk about it.

Been suffering from anxiety (both 'General' & Social) for all my life. I guess bullying through school was the catalyst. The social anxiety was bad for a long time but it's been getting better, particularly over the past year. I am generally ok with friends and family (although not always, even though these people are the closest to me) but even now trying to do things such as going to events where there are strangers is still posing a problem. I don't 'shut down' per say, but the thoughts of doing so just makes me feel uncomfortable and possibly being in those situations too.

General anxiety is still a constant bother. Constantly anxious/thinking all the time I think is wearing me out so much. I have huge problems with Fatigue and it's quite debilitating in trying to lead some normality for certain things. Thing is, I sleep well & I get plenty of sleep, but the thing with fatigue is that it doesn't go away with rest. It's constantly there from before you sleep until you wake up the next morning. Severe problems with concentration/brain fog doesn't help matters either.

I actually can't remember the last time I felt 'normal', it's been that long. Completely agree with Museit & Stupidusername, In a way it feels like you want to think 'Its just the way I am'.

Regarding Depression, I don't know 100% if I am or not. I would say I might be on the minor side of things (I have been seeing a psychologist, he thinks non-to-minor depression). I'm generally happy and my mood isn't normally affected daily (sometimes severe Anxiety does impact it though). I have goals and things I want to pursue & If anything the anxiety and fatigue make me a little depressed because I feel like I can't do much some days, rather than an opposite.

Iv been looking into Physiological factors as well (Allergies, deficiencies etc) but it takes a fair bit of time (and money) to try eliminate things. Psychologist wants to try some CBT so hoping to see how it works :)

Apologies for a seemingly rantish first post :D. They say writing stuff down is one of the good ways of feeling a bit better, I thought on a forum with people who share the same thoughts wouldn't be a bad idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

phi3 wrote: »
    When i'm with people i wish i was alone and when i'm alone i wish i was with people. Bit all over the place at the moment. One minute i'm ok and the next i'm depressed.

I get this too. I actually like being social, but I feel as though I cant do it for too long? I find after a while of being in social interactions I have to break away as if 'my social meter' is full and need to have time to myself before I can interact again. God I sound like a god damn Sims person :D
    thought exercise was meant to make you feel better.

Iv been doing exercise for many years, while it can help. Iv found for me personally, it still doesn't work to a degree that it claims to be from time to time. I can feel just as bad after exercise sometimes and sometimes have worse energy than before. I do it because I enjoy it though, even if I don't feel 100% afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Have an interview with a lady who runs an anxiety management group this week,my psych arranged it and thinks the group would do me good.Hope it goes well,am rubbish at interviews!

Only came across this type of thread when I saw it in the new post feed. Was trying to find a place like this, I guess just been wanting to see other peoples experiences and views on this.

This would be my first post on this type of thing, I guess I just want to talk about it.

Been suffering from anxiety (both 'General' & Social) for all my life. I guess bullying through school was the catalyst. The social anxiety was bad for a long time but it's been getting better, particularly over the past year. I am generally ok with friends and family (although not always, even though these people are the closest to me) but even now trying to do things such as going to events where there are strangers is still posing a problem. I don't 'shut down' per say, but the thoughts of doing so just makes me feel uncomfortable and possibly being in those situations too.

General anxiety is still a constant bother. Constantly anxious/thinking all the time I think is wearing me out so much. I have huge problems with Fatigue and it's quite debilitating in trying to lead some normality for certain things. Thing is, I sleep well & I get plenty of sleep, but the thing with fatigue is that it doesn't go away with rest. It's constantly there from before you sleep until you wake up the next morning. Severe problems with concentration/brain fog doesn't help matters either.

I actually can't remember the last time I felt 'normal', it's been that long. Completely agree with Museit & Stupidusername, In a way it feels like you want to think 'Its just the way I am'.

Regarding Depression, I don't know 100% if I am or not. I would say I might be on the minor side of things (I have been seeing a psychologist, he thinks non-to-minor depression). I'm generally happy and my mood isn't normally affected daily (sometimes severe Anxiety does impact it though). I have goals and things I want to pursue & If anything the anxiety and fatigue make me a little depressed because I feel like I can't do much some days, rather than an opposite.

Iv been looking into Physiological factors as well (Allergies, deficiencies etc) but it takes a fair bit of time (and money) to try eliminate things. Psychologist wants to try some CBT so hoping to see how it works :)

Apologies for a seemingly rantish first post :D. They say writing stuff down is one of the good ways of feeling a bit better, I thought on a forum with people who share the same thoughts wouldn't be a bad idea :)

Hi mike i was diagnosed with gad and depression, i find tiredness the worst of all my symptoms, every fibre in your body just wants to rest, ive found medication helps hugely with coping with the thoughts, very frustating people think your lazy all the time no one understands or can understand what it's like living with such fatigue

• Advertisement

Iv been doing exercise for many years, while it can help. Iv found for me personally, it still doesn't work to a degree that it claims to be from time to time. I can feel just as bad after exercise sometimes and sometimes have worse energy than before. I do it because I enjoy it though, even if I don't feel 100% afterwards

good that it does something for you. it just seems to make me tired.
    Have an interview with a lady who runs an anxiety management group this week,my psych arranged it and thinks the group would do me good.Hope it goes well,am rubbish at interviews!

it's not like a job interview, you shouldn't have to prove anything to her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement