Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Comments

• I knew my post was definitely going into TLDR for some, but I didn't think it would outright offend others. I was a bit hesitant on clicking 'submit' after reading it back, thanks to those of you who took the time to read and appreciate it.

I wonder what will our generation do to haunt and pass the time as spirits and energies hundreds of years into the future...

Living Person 2214 #1: "Baby, are you using all of our Netflix minutes? I haven't watched a thing this month and we've reached our limit."

Living Person 2214 #2: "I haven't got a chance to check my zemomail never mind sit down on front of the telenet, did you try plugging it out and in again sweetie?"

Ghost of stankratz looming in the shadows:
    "Ah there'll never be a better iteration of Breaking Bad than the first one, and they still haven't made a final season for Deadwood!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Plazaman wrote: »
    I agree but with no disprect to his friend James, if that were me, OK I don't mind having a plethora of priests speaking 20 languages in the house but while they were in there, I'd be outside taking my Stihl MS880 chainsaw to that tree. 150cm bar lenght, 125cc and 8.6bhp should banish the shít out of any wildlife, underlife, afterlife and streetlife within the area.
    No way would I cut down the tree for three reasons:

1 If it was the site of a mass burial from long ago, then a living tree is a nicer memorial than a headstone. Once the blessings had taken place and the souls were acknowledged, all the mysterious things stopped. It's nice to think that the souls who may have been looking for peace, finally found it and have a place where they can be at rest.

2 If there were souls roaming about the place who were connected with the tree, imagine how pissed off they would be if you cut down their anchor to the living world. They were doing things in the house that were unnerving but not necessarily harmful. I wouldn't want to take the risk of upsetting something with supernatural powers.

3 Even if it was all some bizarre coincidence and there were no lost souls looking for peace, I would find it very hard to cut down such an old tree. It would feel like eradicating a part of history, but that's just me.
    stankratz wrote: »
    I knew my post was definitely going into TLDR for some, but I didn't think it would outright offend others. I was a bit hesitant on clicking 'submit' after reading it back, thanks to those of you who took the time to read and appreciate it.
    Personally I think you told the story incredibly well and I appreciate that you broke it up into sections. It made it very easy to follow what was happening. Had you tried to tell the story on a single timeline, it would have been very confusing. It was an intriguing story and I thank you for taking the time to share in such detail.

Don't mind the odd naysayer. If they can't be bothered to read the post, then why are they bothering to comment on it? Sometimes the motives of the living can be more strange than those of the deceased.

I had a dream that my sister was pregnant and had to decide whether or not to have an abortion. I had never had a dream like that before and while usually I forget my dreams, this one stuck in my mind.

A few weeks later myself and the sister were having a cosy night in with a few drinks and I told her about my dream. She said that around the same time I'd had my dream, she'd had a pregnancy scare with her boyfriend.

It turned out that she wasn't pregnant and didn't have to consider her options. My sister was convinced it was down to us having a close bond and I, being the more cynical one put it down to coincidence.

I don't know how I feel about it though. I have never before or after had such a clear dream where it turned out after that the person experienced it in real life. I'll remain a cynic but keep my mind open ;)

I had sleep paralysis since I was 3 years old, and got to say, the worst episode ever was after a huge feed of Chinese takeaway. One of the side effects of MSG? Sleep paralysis...
    It's not uncommon for toddlers and young children to suffer from "night terrors". Is it possible that children that young are suffering from sleep paralysis but are too young to articulate their feelings/experiences. It would make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Creepyyyyy.....

UNNERVING:

Not even. For even still THE WARRIOR KNOWS NO FEAR and will continue to walk into trap after trap IF ONLY TO ULTIMATELY EMERGE VICTORIOUS -

Too soon man. Too soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Rory Gallagher

Today I walked home and a ghost said hi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Today I walked home and a ghost said hi.

Ah I see you met casper! Don't worry, he is friendly!

cruais wrote: »
    Ah I see you met casper! Don't worry, he is friendly!

Yeah he said he'd give me a lift home but I declined.

This thread has me paranoid over every car that passes me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Yeah he said he'd give me a lift home but I declined.

This thread has me paranoid over every car that passes me.

SOME CARS HAVE SKELETONS DRIVING THEM.

SOME SKELETONS HAVE CARS DRIVING THEM.

I KNOW THIS BECAUSE A TREE TOLD ME THIS AND THE PRIEST SAID 'DUNNAE QUESTION DA THREE'. MAN I HATE SCOTTISH PRIESTS,THEY MIGHT GET A CALL OF THE DEVIL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Annnnnnnnywaaaaaay....are there any more good stories out there? I miss being freaked out at night before I go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Thundering_Sky

My primary school was only a ten minute walk from my house so everyday me and my sisters walked to and from school always on the same side of the road.
    We were coming home from school and for some reason we decided to cross the road and walk on the opposite side of the street to what we normally do. On the side of the street we normally walk at two cars swerved off the road and skidded onto the footpath.

If we had walked our normal route home we would have been hit by the cars. It freaked me out so much because for 6 years we walked the same way to and from school and for some reason on that day we crossed the road.

Annnnnnnnywaaaaaay....are there any more good stories out there? I miss being freaked out at night before I go to bed.

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Creepypasta_Wiki

Investigate to your hearts galore(and attack)

The only really creepy stuff here is the alarming frequency of near-abductions and close encounters with molestation.Shocking stuff to be honest and much scarier than any ghost story(Which really do get repetitive after a while)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

We have a 3D kinda picture of Pope John Paul 2 in the house... and one day we woke up to find somebody had punched him in the face so hard, that his nose is all bent outta shape:(

We have a 3D kinda picture of Pope John Paul 2 in the house... and one day we woke up to find somebody had punched him in the face so hard, that his nose is all bent outta shape:(

Is he alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

Is he alright?

His nose is like a boxers nose now:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Georgie13 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is creepy really but it freaked my dad out a lot!

When I was nine I woke up one morning totally dreading having to get the bus home that day, but having no idea why, I just had a really bad feeling about it. I was getting hysterical begging my dad to pick me and my sister up instead. I was crying and everything but because I couldn't explain what was wrong my dad just thought I was being silly and insisted we had to get the bus. So anyway, during the day I calmed down and had totally forgotten about my earlier feeling of panic by home time, got on the bus no problem. Then when we were nearly at my house the bus got in a head on collision with a jeep. Luckily, no one was severely injured, I just got a bump on my head and my knee, as did a few of the other kids, I think the young lad driving jeep might have broken his nose but overall he was fine.

My poor dad got the fright of his life-imagine your little daughter telling you she has a really bad feeling about getting the bus home, you ignoring her, then getting a phonecall later saying the bus has crashed with your daughters on it.... He was white as a sheet when he came down to get us!

Oh my god, that's freaky similar to my story!

I used to get a bus to and from college. It tended to be the student one to college and citylink home. I remember being on a bus and a few times I'd get this intrusive thought where I'd think "we're gonna crash and someone is going to die". It used to freak me out. I always found the city link drivers to be that more aggressive with their driving compared to the guy who drove us to college. I'd often get off the bus at oranmore and be as white as a ghost having just spent two hours holding on for dear life and thinking "this is it."
    Fast forward to third year in college. It's a Sunday evening in November, it's dark and the weather is bad. I had this awful feeling about it and really didn't want to go. I updated my Facebook status along the lines of "Dreading heading back on the bus tonight". Off i went anyway, our bus driver loaded my suitcase on for me. I get settled in with my iPod, hands in my pockets, bag at my feet, eyes closed and then a van hit us head on, glass smashed everywhere. Because my hands were in my pockets, i couldn't stop myself smashing my face off the seat in front of me.
    The bus driver was the only fatality on the bus and the van driver died instantly.

I took a week off college and when i went back one of my friends commented about my Facebook status. He said it was like i predicted it!

To be honest i had but i didn't say that to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Ok, Here goes mine

When I was about 13 I was sent to grannys for about 2 weeks of the summer holidays, myself and cousin who was about 10 mths younger than, decided we'd go to the beach. At the time it was huge deal to be let off on our own, never mind being able to go to a beach.

I had a thing for collecting perriwinkles at the time (dont ask) and my grandad said if we collected enough of them and some barnacks (barnacles) he'd cook them when we got back, so we went to the closet place near my granny's house. This place had what they called a model, where water from the land would drain into the sea and as a result the area around it was v rocky and sandy.

When we arrived we saw a father and 2 children, boy and girl on the rocks collecting stuff too. I remember feeling a bit annoyed at the time that they were collecting too.The children seemed to be using their hands and fingers to talk to each other and it took a while to realise that either the father or children must've been deaf as I had never seen anyone use sign language before.
    So we set about collecting as many as could find around the rock pools into our plastic bags. We'd often being warned that area had a lot of quicksand and to be careful but that never seemed to matter until this day.

As we hit some barnacles off the rocks with stones(totally edible by the way) and worked our way across the beach we noticed that the father and the girl were walking back up the steps and we couldnt see the boy. That was until we looked over at the next rockpool and here was the boy stuck in what only could be described as quicksand.

At this stage my cousin & I ran to where he was standing, at this point it was well past his thighs and he was struggling and grunting, I remember he was blonde and crying, panicked, my cousin who was much lighter than me, linked hands and together we went to pull him out. We managed to get him out with him lying across the sand and I remember seeing his wellingtons which he managed to pull his feet from and these were left behind. I remember then pointing to where his dad and sister had gone and he went running barefoot in that direction.
    We ran after him too and could see him climbing the steps, but at the top the car was pulling away. The last we saw of the boy was him running barefoot waving his hands, after the car to end of the road, with his father and sister inside.
    We told our grandparents when we got home and to be honest I think they mustve thought we invented the whole thing cos they never thought/mentioned anymore about it.
    To this day, I dont know if the father had brought his child to kill him, was extremely irresponsible or whether they were all ghosts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

youngblood wrote: »
    The last we saw of the boy was him running barefoot waving his hands, after the car to end of the road, with his father and sister inside.
    We told our grandparents when we got home and to be honest I think they mustve thought we invented the whole thing cos they never thought/mentioned anymore about it.
    To this day, I dont know if the father had brought his child to kill him, was extremely irresponsible or whether they were all ghosts.

Did you not see whether the car stopped. Strange that the sister went quietly with the father knowing her brother or whoever had been left behind.

When and where was this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I had a dream that my sister was pregnant and had to decide whether or not to have an abortion. I had never had a dream like that before and while usually I forget my dreams, this one stuck in my mind.

A few weeks later myself and the sister were having a cosy night in with a few drinks and I told her about my dream. She said that around the same time I'd had my dream, she'd had a pregnancy scare with her boyfriend.

It turned out that she wasn't pregnant and didn't have to consider her options. My sister was convinced it was down to us having a close bond and I, being the more cynical one put it down to coincidence.

I don't know how I feel about it though. I have never before or after had such a clear dream where it turned out after that the person experienced it in real life. I'll remain a cynic but keep my mind open ;)

Well thats the creepiest thing ive read here.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

youngblood wrote: »
    We ran after him too and could see him climbing the steps, but at the top the car was pulling away. The last we saw of the boy was him running barefoot waving his hands, after the car to end of the road, with his father and sister inside.

Wait, what? Did you leave the little boy there on his own? What on earth made you think they were ghosts??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Oh my god, that's freaky similar to my story!

I used to get a bus to and from college. It tended to be the student one to college and citylink home. I remember being on a bus and a few times I'd get this intrusive thought where I'd think "we're gonna crash and someone is going to die". It used to freak me out. I always found the city link drivers to be that more aggressive with their driving compared to the guy who drove us to college. I'd often get off the bus at oranmore and be as white as a ghost having just spent two hours holding on for dear life and thinking "this is it."
    Fast forward to third year in college. It's a Sunday evening in November, it's dark and the weather is bad. I had this awful feeling about it and really didn't want to go. I updated my Facebook status along the lines of "Dreading heading back on the bus tonight". Off i went anyway, our bus driver loaded my suitcase on for me. I get settled in with my iPod, hands in my pockets, bag at my feet, eyes closed and then a van hit us head on, glass smashed everywhere. Because my hands were in my pockets, i couldn't stop myself smashing my face off the seat in front of me.
    The bus driver was the only fatality on the bus and the van driver died instantly.

I took a week off college and when i went back one of my friends commented about my Facebook status. He said it was like i predicted it!

I think I remember that crash. A girl I went to college with was on the bus too- met her the next week and the poor thing was so shaken. Poor bus driver :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Did you not see whether the car stopped. Strange that the sister went quietly with the father knowing her brother or whoever had been left behind.

When and where was this?

In the west, about 18 years ago, from what we saw the car never stopped and boy kept running, the road from the beach turned into a bend. We picked up our bits, hopped back on our bikes and could see neither car nor boy anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

This happened to my Aunty twenty years ago.

She had a boxer dog called Ben who died of old age at sixteen. She was heartbroken.

Ben used to sleep in the hallway next to the radiator and in his sleep he used to kick it sometimes and make the pipes rattle, he also used to block the hallway.

For a couple of weeks after he died the clanging of pipes could be heard and one night my Uncle had to step over him on the way to the kitchen only to look back to see absolutely nothing.

Then one day my Aunty was sitting in the lounge and Ben stuck his head around the door frame, looked at her then back into the hall. My Aunty was spooked but she went to the hall but saw nothing.

No more sounds were heard again and my Aunty thinks that Ben just came to say goodbye to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Mars Bar wrote: »
    It sounds like you 'predicted' it every time you got on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ficheall wrote: »
    It sounds like you 'predicted' it every time you got on the bus.

More often than not I was grand, particularly on the way to college. It was only a handful of times where I had that thought. I also thought that if I said to myself "It won't happen, stop being silly", then it wouldn't happen! :o

Well thats the creepiest thing ive read here.......
    It gets even creepier, we slept in the same bed that night!
    I'm a woman. Nothing creepy about sisters having a cosy night in with a few drinks. Only a sick mind or someone looking for cheap thanks would find it creepy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

My mother used to have this glow in the dark virgin mary

it was placed on top of the wardrobe at the end of the room.

So I went to sleep and closed my eyes I would open them and it was glowing.....

I used to think it was glowing towards me closer and closer and closer.

freaked me out even to this day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It gets even creepier, we slept in the same bed that night!
    I'm a woman. Nothing creepy about sisters having a cosy night in with a few drinks. Only a sick mind or someone looking for cheap thanks would find it creepy :rolleyes:
    Someone can't take a joke:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

This happened to my Aunty twenty years ago.

She had a boxer dog called Ben who died of old age at sixteen. She was heartbroken.

Ben used to sleep in the hallway next to the radiator and in his sleep he used to kick it sometimes and make the pipes rattle, he also used to block the hallway.

For a couple of weeks after he died the clanging of pipes could be heard and one night my Uncle had to step over him on the way to the kitchen only to look back to see absolutely nothing.

Then one day my Aunty was sitting in the lounge and Ben stuck his head around the door frame, looked at her then back into the hall. My Aunty was spooked but she went to the hall but saw nothing.

No more sounds were heard again and my Aunty thinks that Ben just came to say goodbye to her.

I had a dog for 14 years. He slept in the kitchen, and often when I'd arrive home from a late night out I'd hear him snoring away! It was a lovely sound to arrive home to!

But after he died, I'd still hear him snoring... until I realised that for over a decade I'd actually been listening to the fridge. :(

Advertisement