Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FF TD Niall Collins - €155,329 in expenses

Options
  • 31-12-2009 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

I read recently (link) that in addition to what most would consider to be a preposterously large base salary, Limerick West Fianna Fail TD Niall Collins was paid the considerable sum of €155,329 in expenses since the recent General Election.

€155,329 in expenses is a fair amount for a Politician presiding over a constituency where the Schoolchildren are in prefabs and his local Hospital is expected to further line it corridors with the sick and infirm of Counties Tipperary and Clare as the Country sits in stunned silence trying to fathom what it is exactly that Niall Collins's Fianna Fail Morons are doing for or is it to our State.

I suppose €155,329 in expenses is probably not a lot of money to a Fianna Fail Politician who seems to have come on the scene overnight on the strength of what his surname means to some People when they see it on a ballot sheet - even though, and this is just my opinion, those with longer memories and fairer minds might well recall something else entirely.

I've seen Niall Collins on occasion interviewed in the Media while out championing the fiasco that is NAMA - seeing only the 'good' side of this ridiculous venture that has yet to have its scandalous nature fully exploded I can only assume that Niall Collins feels indebted to Fianna Fail to the extent that he will publicly back their public jokes - and with €155,329 in expenses to draw on he certainly has the means to eat the Lobster lunches, burn up the Mercedes mileage and quote ad nauseum to the hacks about bailing out our Banks.

Perhaps if he didn't have to travel so much and stockpile his receipts totalling €155,329 in expenses then Niall Collins might sit up and notice that the People living next to the Idiots that voted for him in his own fcuking Constituency don't have and may never have basic infrastructure, facilities or even a Public Park - A vast and barren expanse of Housing Estates filled with People quietly paying tax and putting up with each and every injustice meted out......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Raiser wrote: »
    I read recently (link) that in addition to what most would consider to be a preposterously large base salary, Limerick West Fianna Fail TD Niall Collins was paid the considerable sum of ?155,329 in expenses since the recent General Election.

?155,329 in expenses is a fair amount for a Politician presiding over a constituency where the Schoolchildren are in prefabs and his local Hospital is expected to further line it corridors with the sick and infirm of Counties Tipperary and Clare as the Country sits in stunned silence trying to fathom what it is exactly that Niall Collins's Fianna Fail Morons are doing for or is it to our State.

I suppose ?155,329 in expenses is probably not a lot of money to a Fianna Fail Politician who seems to have come on the scene overnight on the strength of what his surname means to some People when they see it on a ballot sheet - even though, and this is just my opinion, those with longer memories and fairer minds might well recall something else entirely.

I've seen Niall Collins on occasion interviewed in the Media while out championing the fiasco that is NAMA - seeing only the 'good' side of this ridiculous venture that has yet to have its scandalous nature fully exploded I can only assume that Niall Collins feels indebted to Fianna Fail to the extent that he will publicly back their public jokes - and with ?155,329 in expenses to draw on he certainly has the means to eat the Lobster lunches, burn up the Mercedes mileage and quote ad nauseum to the hacks about bailing out our Banks.
    I agree with everything you said, except that the hospital is Regional one which caters for Limerick, Clare and North Tipp. I think this thread belongs in the county forum though.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭neo2010

Fianna Fail is literally a supernatural being. There is no way in hell any normal party could achieve such a level of incompetence and sheer ineptness without the aid of the Devil. It's as simple as that.

I for one am calling on the Bishop Brigade to cleanse this country of these evil creatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

neo2010 wrote: »
    Fianna Fail is literally a supernatural being. There is no way in hell any normal party could achieve such a level of incompetence and sheer ineptness without the aid of the Devil. It's as simple as that.

I for one am calling on the Bishop Brigade to cleanse this country of these evil creatures.

The Bishop Brigade would be no good, you need to call in Oswald Leopold II. A dirty man for dirty deeds. I give you Battle Pope. ;)

3225-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Maybe this thread could be on the Limerick County forum as he's a Limerick West TD.

Niall Collins and all the West Limerick TD's are a waste of space.
    He did nothing when thousands in West Limerick lost their jobs with Dell. He voted for profitable AerLingus flights to be moved from Shannon to Belfast.
    West Limerick, post Celtic boom, has no public facilities. Where I live in Rathkeale there is no broadband,public facilities and the bus service is the most tempermental in the world, theres not even a cover for the bus stop so you have to wait for the late bus in the pissing rain.

Ardagh,Foynes, Athea all look the same as they did 30 years ago. What excatly do the West Limerick TD's do? To use that much in expenses on top of his overinflated, gross slary is ridiculous. And people blame immigrants and those on the dole for the huge holes in public expenditure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

hi raiser, can you put up the expense account of his fellow f.failure td john whatsever his name is, i seem to remember it is more substantial than the guy you mentioned, lets tar them all with the same brush, plus is there not a td from another party in the same area, with the same if not more expenses, as a person with no political afeliations, lets keep the pitch level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

old boy wrote: »
    hi raiser, can you put up the expense account of his fellow f.failure td john whatsever his name is, i seem to remember it is more substantial than the guy you mentioned, lets tar them all with the same brush, plus is there not a td from another party in the same area, with the same if not more expenses, as a person with no political afeliations, lets keep the pitch level.

Dan Neville is a Fine Gael td and he also had very high expenses. In defence of Dan Neville though at least he actually does something for West Limerick. The work he has done for creating awarness around mental health and Suicide is admirable.
    I still wouldnt vote for any of the main Irish political partys though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

old boy wrote: »

If its who I think it is then its actually in the link on my first post ;)
    .....while in Limerick West Fianna Fail TD and assistant government whip John Cregan was awarded €178,381.

Not bad for a Man I've never seen or even heard of :confused:

- Although similar to Niall Collins, John Cregan is another individual who walked into his job because Daddy used to in the same seat for years and Country People vote for Loser Fianna Fail Families as though they were rabid drones under gunpoint.......
    Grenache wrote:
    I agree with everything you said, except that the hospital is Regional one which caters for Limerick, Clare and North Tipp. I think this thread belongs in the county forum though.

Grenache I take your point and I wasn't very clear in making mine - but I had actually meant the recent change whereby Accident and Emergency Departments in both Clare and Tipperary were closed in order that accident and emergency Victims have to somehow convey themselves across two Counties to receive "emergency" medical care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 No Nonsence

The candidate referred to by this op had the lowest expenses of the three TDs in his constituency.:confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The candidate referred to by this op had the lowest expenses of the three TDs in his constituency.:confused:

This thread is also 16 months old. I really don't know why you thought it would be a good idea to drag it up again now.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement