Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

A friend in the branch said BOD and Isa won't be playing next Saturday...

Although he has been wrong... from time to time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Tremendous news on the injury front. I think everyone is panicking a bit about Exeter. These guys will never have faced a team like Leinster who play the game with such pace and intensity. If we play like we did for the first hour on Saturday we should put 40 points on them.

Yeah, I would tend to agree with this. Better English teams with far more European experience have come to the RDS and been blown away, I'd expect something similar this weekend TBH.

If the fitness reports turn out to be correct, then I would go with Nacewa at FB and McFadden and Conway on the wings; if we're ahead after 50-60 minutes and need to push for a fourth try, Madigan is a great man to bring off the bench and lift the tempo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

.ak wrote: »

ROR on LF is usually on the ball. Wait and see I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Although he has been wrong... from time to time...

Hopefully this is the case, the update seemed pretty positive about Nacewa and BOD, whereas the prediction for Conway and McLaughlin was a little more vague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

clsmooth wrote: »
    Conway should start if fit ahead of an out of position Madigan IMO. Thought he looked good against Munster. Not sure I'd want to see Marigan at FB in the HK cup just yet. Also Isa is a better fullback then he is a winger

Agreed. Madigan was decent at the weekend but he made a bad mistake gifting possession for Munster's first try. That's not the sort of cavalier approach I want at 15. Nacewa, McFadden and Conway would give a much steadier approach and our attacking threat isn't diminished much really at all. Plenty of pace and creativity there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Any confirmation?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Has anyone received their Scarlets away tickets in the post yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Jordan Coghlan came off the bench on Saturday for UCD to play inside centre.
    Further tries from Shane Grannell, Mark McGroarty, Alex Kelly, Sam Coghlan Murray and lively replacement Jordan Coghlan exhibited the gulf of young talent currently at UCD's disposal.

The Leinster-capped Coghlan was brought on at inside centre for the second half and caused a huge amount of problems for the Bruff defence, bursting through midfield on a number of occasions.

Coghlan played in the back row for the Ireland Under-20s last season, but Leinster are taking the option of looking at him at number 12 due to his strong running and handling skills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Hype710

Good news on Coghlan. Wouldn't be surprised to see him at centre in the B & I this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

There's a feeling of the London Irishs about Exeter coming over IMO, with all the injuries Leinster might be in trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

GerM wrote: »
    Agreed. Madigan was decent at the weekend but he made a bad mistake gifting possession for Munster's first try. That's not the sort of cavalier approach I want at 15. Nacewa, McFadden and Conway would give a much steadier approach and our attacking threat isn't diminished much really at all. Plenty of pace and creativity there.

On the other hand though surely he'll have learned from it, will probably be taken to task in the video review of the game, or will have been told by his teammates that you can't just run everything?

Having such a gifted playmaker coming into the line in more central positions is brilliant for the backline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Hagz wrote: »

Is that RK behind him at around 1 min?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Looked like Rob.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

More like Dave I'd say

In the pale blue jersey? Looks more like Kearney Jr. Has he started his pre-season yet?

Nope I'd be fairly sure that's Rob lads, looked left footed too!

Photos from training session here, definitely Rob imo: http://www.sportsfile.com/id/690951/

Good to see Leo, Bossy, RK and Healy togged out too.

Can't believe Conway was out running around, must have been purely precautionary.

• Advertisement

INPHO_00634083.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Donald Coyle

Photos from training session here, definitely Rob imo: http://www.sportsfile.com/id/690951/

Good to see Leo, Bossy, RK and Healy togged out too.

Can't believe Conway was out running around, must have been purely precautionary.

Also good to see Rhys Ruddock back training, not necessarily for HEC but more in terms of squad depth. Believe he's due back in action in Nov? Any word on when Dominic Ryan should be back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

So we could have a 23 of:

Healy
    Strauss
    Ross
    Browne
    Cullen
    Locky
    Heaslip
    Jenno

Boss
    Sexton

McFadden
    D'Arcy
    BOD
    Nacewa
    Kearney

VDM
    Cronin
    Hagan
    Toner
    Murphy
    Reddan
    Madigan
    Conway

?

i.e Fitz and SOB away from our strongest 23?

CRISIS OVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Any word on when Dominic Ryan should be back?

New year, IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Why in the name of jebus would you start Boss having not played in ages and Reddan having played so well against Munster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I think we need the more physical presence of Boss against the big Exeter backs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I think we need a scrum half who is playing very well and not one who hasn't played since getting one half in the first game of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

SeanOBrien1987: @UpYeTribesmen Probably not Niall, about 6 w being back. 2 hours ago

He seems to be grand. Tweeted yesterday that his head and neck felt good and that the stretcher was, as you said, purely precaution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

There's a feeling of the London Irishs about Exeter coming over IMO, with all the injuries Leinster might be in trouble.

Was saying the same to a friend yesterday... Hopefully we are proved wrong!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement