Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any Charmed fans out there?

Options
  • 05-11-2004 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Never thought I would get into this show, but find it strangely compelling..Anyone else a fan?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Tennis

Yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well I'm certainly not a fan at all, I thought it was terrible, but it seems that's just me, because for some unfathomable reason there's enough fans out there to keep it going into its 7th season!!?!? Yet Angel gets axed after 5... The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its like Buffy/Angel without the clever stories or funny scripts. I liked the Cole/Balthazar story arc, but last season (with Chris) was pretty poor. Haven't watched it lately, and couldn't be arsed downloading it... Must look it up on epguides and see if anything good is happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭shiv

hey tennis, do you like it better with rose mcgowan or shannen doherty?

i'm just getting into it now, what happened in the end of the chris storyline, is he still around? i just watch it on living TV, don't think they're up to date...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Hey guys & gals. I think Charmed is great. Granted i agree with the Angel fans of course, in that they should have kept Angel going instead of another season of Charmed.
    That said i did quite like the dark tone of this season.

BTW Shiv, LivingTV R up 2 date. They R of course behind the States but as we all know, here in Europe we get most things 3 - 6 months after they have aired in the U.S. Season 6 has already been shown on Living, i think it finished in the Summer, Sorry, not 2 sure, but they did show it. They R just repeating it all over again.

Anywho about Chris. Well as we all know he & Leo were whinging & moaning to each other, B4 we found out they were father & son. Then thanks 2 some Spider lady demon they R all happy now. Anyways in the finale, the Villain of the Season the ''GOOD guy'' GIDEON tries to kill Wyatt, rather dismally i might add, he gets his ass wooped. By that Wyatt is one powerful kid. Gideon gets one over on the good guys though, he manages to mortally wound Chris, so adult Chris dies and baby Chris is born.

Oh yeah, on a side note, Leo gets really, really angry @ Gideon and kentucky fries him alive.

Shannon or Rose, a hard decision. TBH i think Rose is hotter, but the whole persona of Shannon as a bad girl just draws you too her. The show seems better with Rose, more down 2 earth & real and less tense. We dont really know what the deal with Shannon leaving was, but we heard lots of things in the media, about a hostile workplace which kind of ruined the show a little.

The new Season will be great especially 4 us Angel fans, since Charisma will be guest starring as a SEER. I cant wait.

C YA :cool:

• Advertisement

hi norbert!
    thanks for the post, and for bringing me up to speed.
    so does that mean chris is born and lives out the rest of his life, or it's cut short?
    I know what you're saying about shannen's appeal, but I definitely prefer Rose :) She's just more kooky and down-to-earth.
    I thought it was weird when I read that Leo and Phoebe used to date in real life...
    Anyway, thanks for your reply.
    *orbing out* :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Your welcome Shiv. I know it is kind of weird 2 think of Alyssa & Brian as a couple but it was bound 2 happen eventually. There had 2 be @ least 1 office romance.

Chris should live a normal life, well as normal as a kid of a witch & a white lighter can lead that is. Oh yeh, they will probably have more than 1 storyline this new season where his life is in danger, but i guess that's the hazard of the world he lives in.
    Spoiler
    ''If you R a fan of Drew Fuller, some info 4 U. He will return as adult Chris this new season 7, in episode 7. Not sure what the story will be but that's all i know. He will only return, 4 that single ep though.''

Anywho cant wait 4 the new series.
    Speaking of season 7 i dont suppose you know when it will be shown on Living.

C YA :cool:

P.S. Sorry 2 bring it down a tad, but OMG what was wit Alyssa's hair. Its almost as bad as the whole Felicity fiasco. Still love her though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Charmed is great!1 well the girls are all hot, who cares about the acting, just get Alyssia wearing very little !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I'm an Alyssa Milano fan if that's any good :)

Hey Norbert
    Could not belive I think it was the new season two-part special was on last night from 6.30-8 and I had to go out!
    It was when they tried to send chris back to the future but it was an evil parallel universe, can't believe I missed it! that was tv3..
    I like alyssa's hair short. are you a felicity fan as well?? :)
    that show was the best. I agree her hair was better long, but with her face she could pull it off short!
    As for Alyssa Milano's physical charms, I won't disagree with any of the posters, she does seem to be the most popular of the three..has come a long way from her who's the boss days!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

shiv wrote:
    Hey Norbert
    Could not belive I think it was the new season two-part special was on last night from 6.30-8 and I had to go out!
    It was when they tried to send chris back to the future but it was an evil parallel universe, can't believe I missed it! that was tv3..
    I like alyssa's hair short. are you a felicity fan as well?? :)
    that show was the best. I agree her hair was better long, but with her face she could pull it off short!
    As for Alyssa Milano's physical charms, I won't disagree with any of the posters, she does seem to be the most popular of the three..has come a long way from her who's the boss days!!

I love Charmed but these past couple of Seasons have had Pheobe has the star and i dont really like her that much, she was cool in series 1-4 but i think the whole Cole storyline focused on her too much and i sorta got sick of her.
    And one thing i dont get was how she was at the start of the credits and not Piper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

charmed and angel are absolute bollox. the end.

ferdi wrote:
    The question was "Any Charmed fans out there?" . your obviously not a fan, so why bother reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

it was on behind me the other day, and i swear to god, every two ****ing mins they said Gideon. Could not just say he or that every now and then. This goes on for what an hour, my ears were bleeding.

ferdi wrote:

Apart from the first season, and the latter half of the fourth season, Angel was quite excellent altogether. What exactly were your problems with the show anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Zhane wrote:
    The question was "Any Charmed fans out there?" . your obviously not a fan, so why bother reply?

because i wanted to express my opinion about the show, is that alright with you?

Apart from the first season, and the latter half of the fourth season, Angel was quite excellent altogether. What exactly were your problems with the show anyway?

i just find that both these shows make for a poor viewing experience, i cant really pin point the problem, i just think they suck real bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Alyssa Milano is teh sex...she fills out those tank tops loverly

Thats all i got. Well, I have watched a few episodes...but thats only because Alyssa was particulary hot in em. end story.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

Zhane wrote:
    I love Charmed but these past couple of Seasons have had Pheobe has the star and i dont really like her that much, she was cool in series 1-4 but i think the whole Cole storyline focused on her too much and i sorta got sick of her.
    And one thing i dont get was how she was at the start of the credits and not Piper.

There are two reasons
    1) She is hot.
    2) She is one of the producers.

penguinbloke, holly marie combs is also one of the producers
    alyssa's just first because she's more of a lads-mag star with greater pulling power. the end. :)

Gideon wrote:
    it was on behind me the other day, and i swear to god, every two ****ing mins they said Gideon. Could not just say he or that every now and then. This goes on for what an hour, my ears were bleeding.

musta been confusing ;)
    I hear what you're saying though, american TV does that a lot, I noticed that in Dawson's Creek particularly. Every other word out of Joey's mouth was Dawson, Dawson, Dawson. In reality people don't use each other's name that much, although the Irish use them more than most in my experience... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

I like charmed but i have to say i found last season very poor. I didn't think the storyline flowed as well as it had in other years.

I think Alyssa Milano takes home the bigger wage packet hence the extra storylines. They have to get their money out of her somehow.

There were lots of rumours re the Shannon D exit. From tensions on set due to her personality to tensions due to dating actors in the series... or something along those lines. Seemingly the greatest tension was between Alyssa and Shannon.....mmmm!

Handbags at dawn.....or should I say broomsticks at dawn!!!!!

Is it just me or are there a lot of parallel universe stories on the show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

it does seem that way doesn't it......but who are we to question the laws od physics...

:)

Anybody know of any Charmed dvd's for each season?
    had a look in the shops recently but no luck...

You won't have any luck at all there Shiv, they're not available on DVD.

not yet anyway, they are being released in the US in Febuary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

not yet anyway, they are being released in the US in Febuary

Cool, didn't know they were finally releasing the series. The problem with the DVDs so far has been (like so many series), the clearance rights to episode soundtracks.

I don't like the way stuff like 'Dawson's Creek' and 'Felicity' have changed their soundtracks because they can't get the rights to certain songs. I s'pose, better to have them on DVD at all, rather than not get released because of the music rights, but still -- some songs are just inextricably linked to certain scenes/episodes, that to remove them entirely & replace them with less appropriate (cheaper) material is quite annoying.

An entire episode of 'Profiler' was deleted from the S1 DVD set because it used The Police's "Every Breath You Take" heavily, and they couldn't afford the rights. It was such a good episode too, grrr :mad:

Oh, and to answer the thread question, yes I'm a 'Charmed' fan. They give nearly as much man-candy as skimpy costumes for Alyssa ;)

Advertisement