Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Banner Martial Arts & Fitness closure

Options
  • 22-07-2013 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi everyone, I know it might be somewhat of a long shot, but I thought I would put up this post as just a type of recognition, to the closure of what was my most favorite place on earth.

As of Tuesday 16/7/2013, the Banner Martial Arts school closed it's doors. It was owned by a Mrs Sarah Donovan and Mr Connor Donovan. Two of the nicest and greatest teacher's you could hope to meet.

I myself picked back up my Tae Kwon Do training with them about 3 years ago, as well as the beautiful art of Hapkido, and I don't say this lightly, it gave me a sense of purpose again. It brought joy back into my life. They welcomed me with open arms, like an old friend. They taught me about respect, discipline, integrity. To push myself harder physically and mentally then I ever thought to be possible. To reach my potential and then go past it. I found my calling. I'm in my late 20's and it was only when I started training with them that I realized what I wanted to do with my life. They gave me a purpose. I was happy.

Now all that is gone. Never in a million years, like most people did I think it could happen, but it did and I am devastated in the strongest possible way. The place and people meant everything to me.
    Some may say I am being over dramatic, which I can understand, but nevertheless it is the way I feel. I counted myself lucky every single day that I had found such a place and people. It was destiny or faith or whatever you want to call it.

Some people have said to me why don't you just go to a different school, but for me they just don't understand how the people and place made me feel.

Anyway, I just wanted to express how I felt, even If nobody knows. I had to. It was too strong a feeling to keep in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Sad to see indeed, went there myself for a few years. There are other scools and teachers though. But Conor was a great instructor. Hope he keeps it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

That's a shame alright. Went for a while a couple of years ago.

I did TKD at various places around Clare years ago and there are a lot of different types of instructors and students, you'll find something that suits eventually although I know it's predominantly ITF.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 chroi

wow that bites :( I've heard nothing but good stories of the instructors and place, real shame.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Sad to see them go and yet another business closing in Ennis. Best of luck to them in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jasonbee

What happened? Last I heard they closed for summer holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭fire_man

I went there for a year ,very sad to see the place close.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lauratkd

As of Tuesday 16/7/2013, the Banner Martial Arts school closed it's doors. It was owned by a Mrs Sarah Donovan and Mr Connor Donovan.

There are a number of other schools around the Ennis area, if you would like details about them, PM me and I may be able to help you get back training if you are interested in trying somewhere new.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bannermaf

Announcing the Grand Re-Opening of Banner Martial Arts & Fitness, Ennis!!!

Due to very unfortunate circumstances, BMAF has been closed for the past 18 months. But you can't keep a good team down! We're baaaaack! Stronger and even better than before. Connor & Sarah Donovan invite you to a "Meet & Greet" afternoon at their new school on the 17th of March (Paddy's Day!) from 1pm - 4pm. We would love to see you all again and show you our fantastic new facility, including a super-comfy new parent's lounge with free wifi!

Our new address will be: Unit 7, Quinn Road Business Park (behind the Ozone Gym, across from Flynn's Sheetmetal) Our class sizes will be kept strictly limited, and first preference will be given to pre-existing members before we will open the classes to the general public. Classes begin on 24th of March, first class is FREE by appointment.

Our new class schedule can be found on our website. Please contact us through our website if you are interested in reserving your prefered class day/time slot. See you soon!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Best of luck with your new venture.

If you would like to advertise on boards I'd recommend contacting HQ at hello@boards.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement