Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Well we have a policy of not being overly religious but I'll pitch it to the lads about the carols. To help me out could you suggest some carols that would suit?

Ok, referring to my Complete Christmas book, I see that the following do not contain overly religious mentions:

Good King Wenceslas
    I Saw Three Ships

I'm sure there are instrumentals available too; of all sorts of Christmas classical stuff, it doesn't have to be strictly carols; you could also include the likes of In Dulci Jublio & Bless Us All from The Muppet Christmas Carol (an untapped gem of a soundtrack for Christmas)

Personally, I wouldn't be put off by the inclusion of a little bit of Religion - afterall if it weren't for Himself, there'd be no Christmas. :)

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

OK Guys, we'll do some Carols in the mix.

I have some news, I'm delighted to announce our Charity partner for 2012 will be the ISPCC! I think you'll all agree they do fantastic work and we are delighted to have them on board as our partners.

Christmas Day we'll do live shows till 5pm, then automated from there on (I'll be on 3-5pm). We might do our own version of Christmas Across the lands, so if anyone knows any celebs who'd do a christmas message that would be cool.

We will have a new app, better streaming and a new transmitter covering the longford / athlone area hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Fantastic charity :) So excited for this Christmas hurry up. Praying that I'll get coverage down here on proper radio (gonna try everything - there'll be a radio dangling off the roof with the Christmas lights watch :P) cos it'l be so sound to listen to yiz on Christmas day. 3pm is generally when I serve up the dinner so you'll be part of my Christmas Dinner :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That is fantastic Ronan! Yippee! And the ISPCC is a great charity to be supporting! :)
    Christmas day is usually the one day I actually get off at Christmas so it's fantastic that there will be a live show that day. I'll be too full/drunk to notice what's on the radio after 5pm! :o
    hdowney wrote: »
    3pm is generally when I serve up the dinner so you'll be part of my Christmas Dinner :)
    That's usually my time too! :)
    This year I'm cooking, so a live show to distract from the disastrous pile of charcoal that will inevitably be Christmas Dinner 2012 will be hugely welcome!

Ah Ronan this is great!!! What a generous thing to give up your time on Christmas Day - I'm going to make sure I spread the word to folks to donate especially on Christmas Day so your sacrifice won't be in vain. I'm sure lots of Mammies & Daddies will be texting in requests for the post-Santa respite. (maybe your colleagues could big that up in the run up?)

I wish Christmas FM had been around when I was a kid. ;)

Posy - charcoal??? I'm sure you're a closet Nigella at the back of it all! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

OK Guys, we'll do some Carols in the mix.

I have some news, I'm delighted to announce our Charity partner for 2012 will be the ISPCC! I think you'll all agree they do fantastic work and we are delighted to have them on board as our partners.

Christmas Day we'll do live shows till 5pm, then automated from there on (I'll be on 3-5pm). We might do our own version of Christmas Across the lands, so if anyone knows any celebs who'd do a christmas message that would be cool.

We will have a new app, better streaming and a new transmitter covering the longford / athlone area hopefully.
    Looks like another Xmas listening on the internet. Ah well here's hoping Christmas FM will cover North Tipp next year. Best of luck and i hope you raise lots of money for ISPCC.

Has anyone got "Do You Hear What I Hear?" by Fred Waring and his Pennsylvanians? I heard on Christmas FM last year but can't find it anywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

washiskin wrote: »
    Has anyone got "Do You Hear What I Hear?" by Fred Waring and his Pennsylvanians? I heard on Christmas FM last year but can't find it anywhere :(

Is this it washi?

VanZan wrote: »
    Is this it washi?

Ta muchly, Van Zan - right song but not the Artiste I'm looking for. The Fred Waring version is just lovely.

Thanks for taking the time though :)

Did you listen to it mate? I know it says "Frank Sinatra" in the title but I believe it's still Fred Waring.

• Advertisement

VanZan wrote: »
    Did you listen to it mate? I know it says "Frank Sinatra" in the title but I believe it's still Fred Waring.

Golly, I'm mortified! :o:o:o

Yes, that's it!!! It's one of the ones I'm looking forward to during the Christmas Nosebag. It reminds me too of the Christmas Cards I sent last year - little animals gazing into the Manger.

Have you sourced your Advent Calendar this year? I'm heading to Dublin next week if you need shops there checked out.

Thanks for the offer washi mate I haven't thought about advent calendars yet but I'll get back to you. Very kind of you to offer though! I downloaded that mp3 so if you want it drop me a pm and i'll give you a link to download it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

So, i taught that everyone could post a few of there favourite christmas songs with the artist so everyone on the fourm could maybe could make christmas better by remembering old songs for finding new ones. ill start off

1 Fairy tale of new york - The pogues

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭IrishGurll

Here Comes The Snow Ft LoveShadow By Phasenwandler <3 I Love That Song :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Great charity again this year guys! Really excited for Christmas FM to come back this year! When does it launch? 26th of November?

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Great charity again this year guys! Really excited for Christmas FM to come back this year! When does it launch? 26th of November?

28th i heard

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Merger

Of? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Slade - Merry Christmas Everybody.

Love It :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Merger wrote: »
    Of? :P

November, Christmas FM only get a 30 day temporary license and they spend the first couple of days testing, recording and trying out the signal, etc.

13spanner wrote: »
    Slade - Merry Christmas Everybody.

Love It :D

Check out the Noel Gallagher cover version of it, it's amazing!

• Advertisement

It's getting close now guys, this year the lovely folks at the Alexander hotel will be hosting the location for the radio station. I can confirm the launch date is the 28th of Nov as mentioned above.

We are trying to build up our facebook presence so if you aren't a fan please click like on our page: facebook.com/christmasfm

It's been a bit of a sad year for us with two of our beloved presenters passing away, Jim Kenny earlier in the summer and Noel McCaul last week. Both had been with us since our first broadcast in 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

RIP to the two wonderful men :( They will be missed on this years Christmas FM

Very sad news Ronan - both will be missed this year. Noel McCaul was good company in th mid morning slot.

Hi All,

A quick update: The Christmas FM song contest is back this year - We're looking for a new Irish Christmas Song.

Entries can be submitted on our website from 23rd Nov to 7th of Dec, Our judging panel will whittle it down to six and then it's put to public vote.

The song will be then playlisted on the station for the final week and winner will receive €500 worth of audio gear from Christmas FM’s sponsor X-Music and ofcourse the exposure for an artist will hopefully boost sales and profile.

Here's the video from our past winner Funzo, definitely one of my personal favorite Christmas Songs of all time.

So if you know anyone talented enough to write and put together a great song, please spread the word. We're looking for everything for existing bands through to schools and clubs.

Christmas FM Frequience's this year are as follows

Dublin City 94.3- Cork City 106.7 - Limerick City 105.5 - Galway City 89.5 - Kildare 88.1 - South East 103.8

This year it starts on november 28th this day 2weeks

Enjoy and have a merry christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Sweet, Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Hay Ronan, will the christmas fm app on the apple App Store work this year once your broadcasting online?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The test broadcast is on, AAAAAAAARRGH!!!! :D:D:D

Launching tomorrow!!! :eek:

I remember coming into this thread back in July wondering when it would be back, can't believe tomorrow is the day! So good to have it back, where has the year gone?? :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Can anyone tell me the title and artist of the track Christmas FM is using on their test loop?. Its a frequently used festive piece bu I've never known who recorded it.

Advertisement