Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath Picture Game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

Well seeing as every one of my answers has been wrong, it must e one of mine - Bective Abbey?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

mickrourke wrote: »
    Well seeing as every one of my answers has been wrong, it must e one of mine - Bective Abbey?

nope, i'll put another pic of it up tomorrow if nobody guesses it because its really hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 piker

hill of slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I only this now! I agree with piker: definitely the Hill of Slane.

piker wrote: »
    hill of slane?
    europerson wrote: »
    I only this now! I agree with piker: definitely the Hill of Slane.

Yep, :D

piker got it first so its his choice to upload a pic, or gipi's one still has to be solved?

• Advertisement

Is gipi's a beacon at Mornington?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭Archeron

gipi wrote: »
    Here's one for ye.....

Giz another clue!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭gipi

Is gipi's a beacon at Mornington?

Correctemundo! :D

gipi wrote: »
    Correctemundo! :D

your up europerson

This might not be the easiest, but it's no fun if it's not a challenge... :)

• Advertisement

No one willing to give it a shot? I won't be online tonight (or in the morning :o), as I have a big fancy formal ball to attend tonight :D. With that in mind, I'll give you all a bit of a clue: if you drew a line from Athboy to Dunboyne on a map of Meath, this place would be south of the line.

Its not the cemetery just outside Kilcock on the Summerhill road by any chance? Just beside the new roadworks?

Archeron wrote: »
    Its not the cemetery just outside Kilcock on the Summerhill road by any chance? Just beside the new roadworks?
    Sorry about the delay in replying. :o I've had a busy couple of days.

I'm afraid not. You're in the right part of the county though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Is it tara?

No one willing to give it a shot? I won't be online tonight (or in the morning :o), as I have a big fancy formal ball to attend tonight :D. With that in mind, I'll give you all a bit of a clue: if you drew a line from Athboy to Dunboyne on a map of Meath, this place would be south of the line.

Whatever it is, it looks interesting. There really must be geansai loads of stuff around this county worth photographing that most people don't even know about.

Still dont know what it is though...:o

Quality wrote: »
    Is it tara?
    No. Read my earlier post about it being south of a line joining Athboy to Dunboyne. :)
    Whatever it is, it looks interesting.
    Still dont know what it is though...:o
    OK, another clue: the function of this structure is not unique in Meath, but its shape is unique to the county, as far as I know. Furthermore, we're talking the south-west of the county (far, far away from where I live).
    There really must be geansai loads of stuff around this county worth photographing that most people don't even know about!
    Of course there is! This game is a good way of finding some of them out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Dont know that one:confused::confused:
    Im gonna take some photos at the weekend and post them, whoever gets them will have to know thier stuff:D
    Ya gotta love Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

I visited this place before years ago while being driven around by a friend somewhere in the trim - enfield- kinnegad triangle. It's a small graveyard in the middle of nowhere, and I think it is a memorial to Jonathon Swift?

cue wrote: »
    I visited this place before years ago while being driven around by a friend somewhere in the trim - enfield- kinnegad triangle. It's a small graveyard in the middle of nowhere, and I think it is a memorial to Jonathon Swift?
    I think that's as good as we're going to get! Well done, cue! I am impressed. :)

The photo's taken in Castlerickard Graveyard, which is between Longwood and Ballivor. What's actually in the photo is the Swift(e) Family mausoleum. It's unique in Meath, given its tetrahedral shape. It really is a most unusual structure! The quality of the stonework is amazing: it's as smooth as anything to touch.

So, cue's turn. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Me like this game. Someone else go while I look for a camera.

• Advertisement

This one should be easy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 piker

laytown
    how do i get pictures up?

Correct

When you are replying to the thread... Scroll down to manage attachments...

click on that and upload the picture?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 bloodedrose

I think that's as good as we're going to get! Well done, cue! I am impressed. :)

The photo's taken in Castlerickard Graveyard, which is between Longwood and Ballivor. What's actually in the photo is the Swift(e) Family mausoleum. It's unique in Meath, given its tetrahedral shape. It really is a most unusual structure! The quality of the stonework is amazing: it's as smooth as anything to touch.

So, cue's turn. :)

Dammit, so so much too late to identify this one. :(

I live near there!! The crypt usent to be sealed up. As a kid myself and my friends used to dare each other to run down the steps. Which was scary because everyone knows dead people eat children.

Which was scary because everyone knows dead people eat children.

Indeed they do, I learned that the hard way.....

Anyhoo, I don't think there are any pictures unsolved, and a few days have passed since a post, so I'll throw one up.
    Any ideas?

(I graffiti'd out any names that might give Googlable hints.)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

Solstice theatre Navan.....:D

Yep, Solstice. Too easy! (Bit like myself, wha'?) :D

Perhaps I killed this thread with my appalling humour in the last post, but the thread has been quiet the last few days, and, while it's not strictly my turn, I hope the mods don't mind if I post up a picture as a bit of a revival! :)

I'm gonna guess Bective church because of all the undergrowth!

• Advertisement

I'm gonna guess Bective church because of all the undergrowth!
    I'm afraid not, Archeron.

Advertisement