Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

learner permit expiring?

• 14-07-2013 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

hi,

i have been on a provisional licence/learners permit since 2007.

just noticed by pure chance my current one expires august 14th. i have a driving test date for September 2nd.

there is a code on my permit saying 993(meaning third or subsequent permit in this category)

my question is:

is there a number of permits you can be on before you get cut off or will my permit be renewed with no problems next month and i can take my test on 2nd of September.

only reason i ask is a friend of mine tells me you can only renew it 4 times and then youre cut off.

is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

hi,

i have been on a provisional licence/learners permit since 2007.

just noticed by pure chance my current one expires august 14th. i have a driving test date for September 2nd.

there is a code on my permit saying 993(meaning third or subsequent permit in this category)

my question is:

is there a number of permits you can be on before you get cut off or will my permit be renewed with no problems next month and i can take my test on 2nd of September.

only reason i ask is a friend of mine tells me you can only renew it 4 times and then youre cut off.

is this true?

You can keep on renewing it, you just have to provide proof of your driving test date (which you have).

I would renew it ASAP as there is a backlog since the switch over to the new credit card style licences.

Advertisement