Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread - Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Got nothing to do for a month. :/

Got too much to do in the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

Seems like no-one in this country know how to drive in fog!!! Is it really that difficult to turn on your lights so we can see you?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Whoever made my Michaelmas timetable seems to have forgotten that there are 4 other days in the working week aside from Thursday :(

Lugging books around for the next month as I can't get a locker until the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 missdisco

academic registry, i appreciate that you're probably busy right now, but have you been busy since august? Does the graduate studies office exist? Every time i query the fact that my course details haven't been changed since january, nothing happens. I won't, and can't, pay an incorrect sum for a full-time course i'm not doing. And i can't register while its like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lfqnic

I sympathise, Miss Disco. If I were you, I'd go into the Hamilton and talk to them face to face. I'd been hanging around for a few weeks waiting to hear back from enquiries and got nothing; went in today, no queue, and my issue was sorted by the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

anyone else fail repeats? embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

how do you know you failed? i thought results were not out until tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

ronano wrote: »
    how do you know you failed? i thought results were not out until tomorrow?

I got mine last Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭GodlikeRed

diograis wrote: »
    anyone else fail repeats? embarrassing

Are you trolling diograis?

You posted this around a month ago

'All Ireland Scholarship: Just got my results today, my 5 best are A1, A2x2 and B1x2. Are my chances of getting it in cork any good'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

GodlikeRed wrote: »
    Are you trolling diograis?

You posted this around a month ago

'All Ireland Scholarship: Just got my results today, my 5 best are A1, A2x2 and B1x2. Are my chances of getting it in cork any good'

If you actually read the thread, my next post said that was my sister, and I wished people luck in getting it. So no :P

They need to close some windows in the reading room. Frozen in the place.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,192 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Buses. Always buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭GodlikeRed

diograis wrote: »
    If you actually read the thread, my next post said that was my sister, and I wished people luck in getting it. So no :P

Aye,
    Unlucky bout the supplemental results.
    Try get super supps, could save you 6k!

ACADEMIC REGISTRY COULD YOU ANSWER YOUR GODDAMN EMAILS! ANY OF THEM! OR THE PHONE MESSAGES! I CAN'T REGISTER AND I THOUGHT YOU'D BE DYING TO TAKE MY POSTGRAD FEES MONEY.

Seriously, it's been a month, i understand being busy, but its been a month since I first enquired! It shouldn't even be that complicated.

I'd also like to say thank you to the higher education authority for requiring taught modules as part of a PhD, but I'm reassured that I'm not the only person who dislikes this.

missdisco wrote: »
    ACADEMIC REGISTRY COULD YOU ANSWER YOUR GODDAMN EMAILS! ANY OF THEM! OR THE PHONE MESSAGES! I CAN'T REGISTER AND I THOUGHT YOU'D BE DYING TO TAKE MY POSTGRAD FEES MONEY.

Seriously, it's been a month, i understand being busy, but its been a month since I first enquired! It shouldn't even be that complicated.

Best go in to them. I need to get a small item on my registration filled, literally a tick in a box, and my supervisor told me to stay away. They are at breaking point there and are swamped.
    I am going in Monday. Emails don't work it is better to deal with someone face to face, harder to say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Couldnt register today, I handed in my FRS2 form a month ago into trinity. Trinity told me they have my form but are still waiting to hear back from my previous college. Surely thats what the FRS2 form was for, once its filled out should that not be sufficient?

Anyone have experience or issues about this form, and anyone know what other days I can register now?

Best go in to them. I need to get a small item on my registration filled, literally a tick in a box, and my supervisor told me to stay away. They are at breaking point there and are swamped.
    I am going in Monday. Emails don't work it is better to deal with someone face to face, harder to say no.

that got me nowhere, and i never have the time to go in. sigh.

that got me nowhere, and i never have the time to go in. sigh.

You've come to the right forum :D

• Advertisement

The smell of the men's toilets by the Edmund Burke theatre is nothing short of vomit inducing.

The inability of a group of grown-ass, educated women to pee in the toilet and then flush the chain never ceases to amaze and dishearten me. It's a LIBRARY for God's sake. Won't somebody think of the books?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

lfqnic wrote: »
    The inability of a group of grown-ass, educated women to pee in the toilet and then flush the chain never ceases to amaze and dishearten me. It's a LIBRARY for God's sake. Won't somebody think of the books?!

They pee on the books? :eek:

Ha, not yet. I was just feeling a bit Maud Flanders in my indignation :)

the ones down in the arts building by the cafe had the worst lighting a while back, but i don't know if they're still like that. i don't go near them!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Abby19

the ones down in the arts building by the cafe had the worst lighting a while back, but i don't know if they're still like that. i don't go near them!

The UV lights? They were there to make it harder to find veins. Those toilets are open to the public. A few pubs in the areas have the same lighting in the toilets.

Abby19 wrote: »
    The UV lights? They were there to make it harder to find veins. Those toilets are open to the public.

Yes, yes, 'members of the public.' Everyone knows its the Lecky Library staff!

The ring came off my pudding can :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭BlutendeRabe

Dónal wrote: »
    The ring came off my pudding can :(

Take my penknife, my good man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Take my penknife, my good man.

I swear it's Springfield's only choice... Throw up your hands and raise your voice!

Advertisement