Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekkit Server

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Can I be whitelisted? SteveDPirate

I'm making the big jump from Xbox Minecraft to Tekkit. Would like a nice little corner of the map where I can explore and experiment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Captain Albection

This is probably already known, but there was some pretty bad lagging earlier on. Still playable, but only just about. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Can I be whitelisted? SteveDPirate

I'm making the big jump from Xbox Minecraft to Tekkit. Would like a nice little corner of the map where I can explore and experiment :)

Wow that is some jump , prepare for a big change , there are hundreds more recipes in tekkit, so try not to get overwhelmed :) Ask anybody here for help
    This is probably already known, but there was some pretty bad lagging earlier on. Still playable, but only just about. :confused:

There was some lagging in a particular area yesterday, but me and Sean dealt with it.

If you find any lagging, come talk to us :)

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Wow that is some jump , prepare for a big change , there are hundreds more recipes in tekkit, so try not to get overwhelmed :) Ask anybody here for help

Thanks for the offer. I might need a bit of help, but I watched a Tekkit Series on YouTube and I'm itching to get into it now. Was messing around last night in Tekkit single player. Won't be doing anything huge and am looking forward to seeing what other people have developed on the server.

Thanks for the offer. I might need a bit of help, but I watched a Tekkit Series on YouTube and I'm itching to get into it now. Was messing around last night in Tekkit single player. Won't be doing anything huge and am looking forward to seeing what other people have developed on the server.

The server is only a few weeks old but it already has some impressive builds, once you set up your system, it'll start doing stuff for you automatically

• Advertisement

Are you a mod on the server?

Any restrictions on quarrying or anything like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Are you a mod on the server?

Any restrictions on quarrying or anything like that?

I put all the info on a website for people to keep up to date.

https://sites.google.com/site/seanbeaggaming/tekkit-server

Here's a video with a quick update and a look at the spawn area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bGzZ-7kCOg

And if you want to learn Tekkit here's a shameless plug for my own tutorial series.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC96D0AACA80DC595&feature=view_all

Also I've added Borderguard and set the border to 1500 blocks from spawn.

Anton19991999 sent to jail and demoted for theft. Player can be released if he explains his actions and convinces admin he can be trusted.

Rasta_Moose sent to jail and demoted for theft. Player can be released if he explains his actions and convinces admin he can be trusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

whitelist please. ign: fitzeyboy

Previously played on the boards tekkit server and want to give tekkit a bash again

• Advertisement

fitzeyboy. wrote: »
    whitelist please. ign: fitzeyboy

Previously played on the boards tekkit server and want to give tekkit a bash again

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Hears6

Btw me and Pengiun wont be on the server for abit- Dont dismantle our stuff x[ [Internet problems]

Quick question:

I was standing around a group of other players when I suddenly died and there was a message saying something along the lines of lethal.weapon or something like that. Was wondering what that was?

Quick question:

I was standing around a group of other players when I suddenly died and there was a message saying something along the lines of lethal.weapon or something like that. Was wondering what that was?

Somebody shot you with a crossbow or something like that

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Somebody shot you with a crossbow or something like that

Oh ok. Wonder why it doesn't come up as Spoontron was killed by xxxxxx.

Must actually get a crossbow. Those skeletons are getting far too complacent near my house. ;)

Oh ok. Wonder why it doesn't come up as Spoontron was killed by xxxxxx.

Must actually get a crossbow. Those skeletons are getting far too complacent near my house. ;)

That's why the mod is disabled in many servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Can my mate get whitelisted please he hasnt got a Boards.ie

His IGN is Aereous

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    Can my mate get whitelisted please he hasnt got a Boards.ie

His IGN is Aereous

He can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jos eph

Is the server down? I keep getting communication error :(

Back up now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭shinobi2600

whitelist please :D so glad to see a tekkit server back up

IGN: shinobi2600

whitelist please :D so glad to see a tekkit server back up

IGN: shinobi2600

Added

I updated the website with info including the changes to ranks and restricted items. You'll also find info on a game giveaway I'm doing. Dota2 key has been added to the list of stuff to be given away.

https://sites.google.com/site/seanbeaggaming/tekkit-server

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Hears6

Have I been banned from the server? I was kicked for something now I keep getting connection refused.

Hears6 wrote: »
    Have I been banned from the server? I was kicked for something now I keep getting connection refused.

Somebody had stuff overflowing. I had to delete 4000 entities. Working better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭natnif36

Do Kenno and the admins/mods have permission to delete entities?
    If not perhaps they should? The purpose of admins is to reduce the severe workload that comes with running a server after all
    (Or maybe its not, thats just what I though)

natnif36 wrote: »
    Do Kenno and the admins/mods have permission to delete entities?
    If not perhaps they should?

I would support this 100%. Leaving a machine running and having the overflow impact on other players is very unfair.

I would support this 100%. Leaving a machine running and having the overflow impact on other players is very unfair.

I can delete the entities, but i'm sure if mods can. This seems to be a problem with all tekkit servers, and it was one of the main reasons why my server became so unstable back in the day.

People should really consider using redpower tubes, they are so much better with dealing with overflow ( they simply go back) also people can use powered obsidian pipes to deal with overflow.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭natnif36

Problem is, rp tubes are made from brass-brass is alot harder to obtain large amounts of than say, cobblestone, not usually becaue of the prices, but mainly because brass isn't condensable
    Personally I only use bc for my blaze machine-because it needs distrobution pipes. Also timers are annoyig to make

But yes rp is better-no overflow

Mind you... a sorting machine could double for a distribution pipe... But then that needs blutricity which is rather annoying

• Advertisement

natnif36 wrote: »
    Problem is, rp tubes are made from brass-brass is alot harder to obtain large amounts of than say, cobblestone, not usually becaue of the prices, but mainly because brass isn't condensable
    Personally I only use bc for my blaze machine-because it needs distrobution pipes. Also timers are annoyig to make

But yes rp is better-no overflow

Mind you... a sorting machine could double for a distribution pipe... But then that needs blutricity which is rather annoying

The only tricky part is getting the ender pearls. Otherwise it's just nicolite and redstone really. I actually did a video on blutricity generation and one on pneumatic tube sorting last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnRMeLNH-U4&feature=g-upl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK4oFDmURZQ&feature=g-upl

Advertisement