Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Go Go Gadget

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Thanks Pistol. I'll have a look for that. Your own running is going great at the minute. You are churning out the miles even on the mid week runs. Hope you get the shoes sorted!

5 miles
    8:34 min/mile

I'm afraid to get too excited but this run was ok. I stopped twice to have a good stretch. Ok I'm not saying anymore incase I jinx it but I'm feeling :) this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

That's great news ro .... fingers crossed you are on the mend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

5 miles

I'm afraid to get too excited but this run was ok. I stopped twice to have a good stretch. Ok I'm not saying anymore incase I jinx it but I'm feeling :) this evening.

Good to hear it. It might take a few shorter runs to build up the strength in the muscle/fibres. You'll be back to your best before you know it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

5 miles

Nice :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Ro, was at physio for a MTO tonight and i have a minor ITB problem. Feck the pain when he was beating it out but can pass on general advice on the subject if required, just pm me

chinguetti wrote: »
    Ro, was at physio for a MTO tonight and i have a minor ITB problem. Feck the pain when he was beating it out but can pass on general advice on the subject if required, just pm me

Could you not post it on your log :confused::P

shazkea wrote: »

Could you not post it on your log :confused::P

Maybe it's a secret miraculous cure. Bring on the miracles :)

Maybe it's a secret miraculous cure. Bring on the miracles :)

In brief ladies, the cure is a number of sharp elbows in the arse and a serious of glute exercises tied to the back of a Massey Ferguson 135:p

The only log i have is the one the cat uses to keep his claws sharp

Friday 17th February
    5 miles
    8:18 min/mile

Walked up to the park to warm the knee up. Ran relatively pain free till 3.5. Stopped for a minute to stretch and then upped the pace as knee isnt as sore when striding. I think things are beginning to look up - hopefully anyway. Not sure what my plan is for wkd. Would love a long run but not sure if I'd manage one. Maybe a walk run strategy. Hmmmmmm

• Advertisement

I have a great plan for you...do a couple of miles tomorrow with some cool peeps. Then I hear you have invite for drinks and dinner which you should take up and rant about said injury with some gossip thrown in. Sunday will then be spent resting/recovering from a hangover. Great idea or what :D

shazkea wrote: »
    I have a great plan for you...do a couple of miles tomorrow with some cool peeps. Then I hear you have invite for drinks and dinner which you should take up and rant about said injury with some gossip thrown in. Sunday will then be spent resting/recovering from a hangover. Great idea or what :D

^ +1 :D

Ha. My social secretary or wha!!! See what I was thinking is that I'd chill tmrw and run Sunday which means no drinkies Sat night. Some running company would be nice though. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ha. My social secretary or wha!!! See what I was thinking is that I'd chill tmrw and run Sunday which means no drinkies Sat night. Some running company would be nice though. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No no no you have it all wrong. Run tomorrow chill Sunday it's the only way you know you want to. Do it do it do it :D

Peer pressure all the way! I think to be honest I'm better running every second day. I'll see you tmrw anyway at some stage!

Saturday 18th February
    10ish miles

Walked up to the park to warm up. Hoped to meet up with Nules and Shaz but couldnt find them even with my super new eyes. So just pottered on. Stretched at around 5 miles, no gramin so judging by the time. Then met the two ladies as I was near the end of my run. Knee is not as bad as it has been but still lets me know its there. Wind was yucky today and I'm shattered after my longest run in about a month! Great to be back though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done, delighted for you.

Sunday 19th February
    5 miles
    8:46 min/mile

I had only planned a walk but sure it was nearly 10 so I decided I'd meet the boards group so hooked up with Vagga, Chinguetti, Shels4ever and Mr. Slow in the park. Its the first time I hadnt walked up to the park to warm the knee up so I had pain from the outset which was really disappointing. Said goodbye to the gang at 3.5, stretched and finished on 5. Three days in a row was a bit silly. Know your limits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Sunday 19th February
    5 miles
    8:46 min/mile

I had only planned a walk but sure it was nearly 10 so I decided I'd meet the boards group so hooked up with Vagga, Chinguetti, Shels4ever and Mr. Slow in the park. Its the first time I hadnt walked up to the park to warm the knee up so I had pain from the outset which was really disappointing. Said goodbye to the gang at 3.5, stretched and finished on 5. Three days in a row was a bit silly. Know your limits!
    Hope the knee feels better soon.

Thanks Shels. Was nice meeting you on Sunday.

• Advertisement

Monday 20th February
    6.28 miles
    9:08 min/mile

Hadnt planned on going out tonight but one of the boards girls tempted me to a run in the park. Hadnt seen her in ages so the chat made the time fly and I didnt pay any heed to the knee. She gave me loads of exercises to do too to fix the knee so well chuffed now :)

Brilliant, hope the exercises help and all is ok soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

It was nice to meet you on Sunday, it was plain to see it wasn't working for you, fair play for getting 5 in.

Mr Slow wrote: »
    It was nice to meet you on Sunday, it was plain to see it wasn't working for you, fair play for getting 5 in.

Dont chat....I think I said about 3 words the whole way round?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Dont chat....I think I said about 3 words the whole way round?!!

It was closer to four!:D

Hope it clears up soon!

Wednesday 22nd February
    10 miles
    8:39 min/mile
    1hr 26

Talk abut getting mixed signals!!! Well midway through doing my strengthening exercises for my ITB/knee on Mon night...bang...my SI joint goes and knocks itself out. The pain got worse and worse through the night with not a wink of sleep and next morning I couldnt put my shoes and socks on. Well fed up now at this stage. Anyways, worked on it for a few hours last night when the inflammation had gone down and woke up this morning in far better shape. Moving was far easier than sitting around so headed up to the park for a small run today (day off to sort the hip out). Got going and felt good so kept going for 10. Wind was shocking in some parts and I got drenched but I would take those any day over not being able to run. So finished the 10 with an actual PB. I'm happy but really confused. I'm falling apart bit by bit but I'm having ok runs. I'll just go with it sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

You sound like you're in the twilight zone of running, great pace there for your 10 miles.

So you now know what makes you go faster, getting injuried. :D So good luck with the injuries and the running.

Btw describing 10 miles as a small run will have the ultra folk trying to recruit you if you're not careful!

So you now know what makes you go faster, getting injuried.
    Whats that film called where your man hurts his arm and becomes brilliant at baseball? ha
    Pain got worse today so had to make an emergency visit to the chiropractor and got the pelvis "re-located". I suppose he's taken away my superpowers now too :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

Pain got worse today so had to make an emergency visit to the chiropractor and got the pelvis "re-located". I suppose he's taken away my superpowers now too :mad::mad:

Ouch - hope that wasn't too painful and you're feeling better soon. That was some running yesterday on an injured pelvis - impressive stuff!

Advertisement