Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sopranos

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

What the hell happened to Finn?

Way too much sudden stuff happens in S6

Chris - new woman whose first words are "Im pregnant", then fecks off on her, then splits up with new woman, then dies
    Vito, Eugene, Johnny Sack - Suddenly has this huge family we never heard of before. Its like having the family is what kills them in the end.
    A.J - CollegeDropout, 2 jobs, social life, job Tony gets him, black single mother girlfriend - Marriage Proposal, woman leaves him, attempted suicide, new woman, new job. PHEW
    Meadow - New fiance with almost ZERO explanation.
    Bobby - Suddent interest in trains (which ironically kills him), 2 promotions in quick succession, DEATH

I guess Chase ran out of time to make the stories come to a natural conclusion but when you look back on it, the 6th season was way down on the first 5

And Larry Boy in season 6 as well , what happened to him? Did he get locked up or up or what? And if did what happened to Ally Boy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Just finished it last night for the first time, I thought the way they ended it was superb but as someone previously said, it seemed they tried to get far too much into season 6 and there's a lot of storylines that were never really fully explained. The one with Meadow and Finn is one that comes to mind. Saying that, its one of the best shows I've ever seen. Cant believe its taken me this long to watch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

best drama tv show ever made hands down, its even good the second time you watch through the series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Its even good the fourth time! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I've watched it through three times now, and it never gets old. You pick up on so many new things every time, and the acting never fails to amaze me. Just an incredibly well written show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

R.I.P. James Gandolfini
    James Gandolfini died suddenly after a suspected heart attack while on holiday in Rome. He was 51. Gandolfini will be forever known for his portrayal of mob boss Tony Soprano on the seminal HBO series The Sopranos,

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/r-i-p-james-gandolfini/

Devastated. I cant believe it. RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭veryangryman

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Devastated. I cant believe it. RIP :(

Great actor - played the role like a BOSS, pun intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

A big surprise and on holiday as well with his son - very sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Rewatching the show , a question , in season 1 they suspected a rat and (spoilers till end of S2)
    Big Pussy was suspected - turned out they got it "wrong" and it seemed to be Jimmy, Jimmy was clipped ( :) I love the slang) . Roll on S2 and we see Big Pussy has been an informer for years and was killed , so did they get it wrong with Jimmy? or was he a rat too ?

• Advertisement

the_monkey wrote: »
    Rewatching the show , a question , in season 1 they suspected a rat and (spoilers till end of S2)
    Big Pussy was suspected - turned out they got it "wrong" and it seemed to be Jimmy, Jimmy was clipped ( :) I love the slang) . Roll on S2 and we see Big Pussy has been an informer for years and was killed , so did they get it wrong with Jimmy? or was he a rat too ?

I think it was generally assumed that
    Jimmy Altieri was a rat, because he didnt deny it when he was at gunpoint, about to be killed. Far as I can tell, it was never fully explained though. He was acting strangely and never denied he was a rat even when he was about to be killed, so it seems that he was indeed a rat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Riddle101

the_monkey wrote: »
    Jimmy Altieri was a rat, because he didnt deny it when he was at gunpoint, about to be killed. Far as I can tell, it was never fully explained though. He was acting strangely and never denied he was a rat even when he was about to be killed, so it seems that he was indeed a rat.
    In fairness when Jimmy was held at gunpoint, it wasn't like he really had much of a chance to say anything. He was probably caught off guard and didn't know what to say. At least that's how I would assume any person would react in his position. But as well as that, every informant in the show has all been shown working with the FBI at some point. Jimmy is the only one who wasn't shown which leads me to believe it was a mistake. Otherwise they would have shown him with the FBI, or maybe they would have a clip of the FBI acknowledging him as one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Thanks guys.

Spotted this JG tribute on YouTube the other day, its very touching to hear his cast members and friends talk about what a great man he was. Rest in peace Jim Gandolfini.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Caveat_

Might give this a second viewing. Great show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

Spotted this JG tribute on YouTube the other day, its very touching to hear his cast members and friends talk about what a great man he was. Rest in peace Jim Gandolfini.

Jaysus, that would bring a tear to a glass eye, R.I.P. T...

johnnybmac wrote: »
    Jaysus, that would bring a tear to a glass eye, R.I.P. T...

Its a lovely tribute to a great man from people that probably knew him the best. That poem by Dominic Chianese at the end is pretty heartbreaking alright. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Caveat_

Would never be the same without James Gandolfini.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I know fans who have said that it would be great to see a prequel show based on The Sopranos. Back during the times when Johnny Soprano and Junior were big players, and Tony, Jackie, Silvio and Big Puss were soldiers. You would have the likes of Feech La Manna and Richie Aprile as well. As well as other characters that were around during Johnny's time.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I know fans who have said that it would be great to see a prequel show based on The Sopranos. Back during the times when Johnny Soprano and Junior were big players, and Tony, Jackie, Silvio and Big Puss were soldiers. You would have the likes of Feech La Manna and Richie Aprile as well. As well as other characters that were around during Johnny's time.

I would LOVE that. I'm a fairly new recruit to the Sopranos, only finished it for the first time about a week before Gandolfini died. Its now in my top 3 shows ever, with The Wire and 24. I'd love to see a show or film based on the story of Johnny and Junior. Would be amazing, no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I don't know how they would make it The Sopranos without Tony tbh, he really was that show.

A prequel, sequel, or anything else would probably just feel like a cheap imitation now, I would rather they left it as it is. Pretty close to perfection anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

Riddle101 wrote: »

I would imagine it would be late 60's/ early 70's set (as were a handful of great flashback scenes from Tony's childhood and teen years) and the main guys would largely be background children/ teenagers in it- of the main "current" characters only Paulie, Junior, Pussy and Richie would likely be old enough to be relevant made men. Probably more focus on characters dead by the recent series but heard so much about, like Tony's dad and Chris father (I've always suspected from that episode where he
    kills the guys Tony says murdered his dad
    that Tony wasn't telling the whole truth.

Junior is an old man character as we know him, I don't think it would be terribly hard to get a good actor to convincingly play the younger him, as so many of Junior's quirks are, quite simply, old man comedy.

Paulie though, he's one of a kind! Pushing 70 but still physically and mentally a young man. That is a harder job for a new actor to take off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Maphisto

I obviously knew that James Gandolfini and Nancy Marchand had bath sadly left us, but I didn't realise that:

Carmine Lupertazzi
    Ginny Sack
    Hugh De Angelis (Tony's Father in Law)
    John Costelloe (Vito's love interest)

- had also gone. Quite sad.

Maphisto wrote: »
    I obviously knew that James Gandolfini and Nancy Marchand had bath sadly left us, but I didn't realise that:

Carmine Lupertazzi
    Ginny Sack
    Hugh De Angelis (Tony's Father in Law)
    John Costelloe (Vito's love interest)

- had also gone. Quite sad.

Knew about the highlighted ones but not the other two. Sad to hear that. Sopranos is such a classic show.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Anyone read the articles going around quoting David Chase as saying Tony Soprano isn't dead? He was straight up asked if Tony S was whacked in the last episode and he said "No he isn't". Chase's publicist is making a mess of the cleaning up of the quote. Being blown out of proportion probably but still annoying as I was always in the Tony was shot camp. Maybe he just wanted the discussion and exposure opened up again!

Just came across this, its hilarious :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

This just arrived. Looking forward to (re)watching it again. It's LOADED with new extras too.

sopranosblu.jpg

Advertisement