Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show us your brew - post your photos here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

That tap must of set you back a pretty penny slayerking...i like the drip tray...where did you manage to get it?

It actually wasnt too bad price wise.

Beer tower and drip tray were bought from a german site called Ich-zapfe.de.
    The tower also has a beer line chiller circuit if you wanted to chill the lines (I dont have a beer line chiller!)

They have an amazon shop on amazon.de that I actually used to buy the stuff, but this was only because I had a few amazon.de vouchers so it cost me very little all told.

Great shop in general for stuff actually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

slayerking wrote: »

If only it was in English.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Loobz wrote: »
    If only it was in English.

Google chrome will translate it for you on the fly. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lordstilton

Wow great prices.. My taps were 360 for the three delivered... Bookmarked

Fyi for the ich-zapfe tower, taps weren't included in that price. I got them separately somewhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lordstilton

Where did you get the taps, and very nice style

Where did you get the taps, and very nice style

On a group buy on beoir. Came to ~€30 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mished

My first stout, really tasty :D

202439.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

202483.JPG

Cooper's mexican cerveza.

My first brew, got it with the equipment kit. Bottled 5 weeks ago - mellowing out now. Was very appley initially. ~3.9%.

Really easy to waste a few. Not that i'd be making it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Revised - post pour pic. More manageable size. Going down well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭PhiliousPhogg

In order: My black IPA, the most part for my microbrewery, and my brews in some local bottles - first person to identify what country I'm in gets a free bottle* (the second from left is an interesting one!).

picture.php?albumid=2091&pictureid=12632

picture.php?albumid=2091&pictureid=12633

picture.php?albumid=2091&pictureid=12634

*Must pick up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Oz? But you can hold on to it, cos I aint picking it up :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

No Tui? :p
    You're in New Zealand.

That's right. No Tui isn't on my list of favourites, someone told me it's around 5 IBU, and there are plenty more like it. The second from left is a collaboration between they Norwegian guy behind Nogne and 2 local breweries, a 9.5% brown ale/porter. Theres a youtube clip about it somewhere if you feel like searching on 'O for Awesome, Nogne, Renaissance'

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

slayerking wrote: »
    It actually wasnt too bad price wise.

Beer tower and drip tray were bought from a german site called Ich-zapfe.de.
    The tower also has a beer line chiller circuit if you wanted to chill the lines (I dont have a beer line chiller!)

They have an amazon shop on amazon.de that I actually used to buy the stuff, but this was only because I had a few amazon.de vouchers so it cost me very little all told.

Very good site and in fairness Google Chrome does a great job of translating. Pity they don't do JG Fittings for the cornies though, could kill two birds with the one stone

Do the towers include the taps? (D'oh - never mind, just saw your later post)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

In order: My black IPA, the most part for my microbrewery, and my brews in some local bottles - first person to identify what country I'm in gets a free bottle* (the second from left is an interesting one!).

*Must pick up

Do I get extra beer for knowing you're in Wellington?

Sure, an honorary homebrewed ale to you (no P&P). I'm guessing you've either lived here or currently reside here. There's quite a scene, and growing. Do you know these beers? Frequent any of the craft beer bars around town?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭lang

6976044604_13a769551d.jpg

This is my first brew after three weeks bottle fermenting. It's turned out quite nice even if I do say so myself. It's a Coopers Original Real Ale w/ LME (light). Threw it into Secondary fermenter along with EKG and Cascade hops for about a week. Definite citrus, bitter twang of the brew but the off Sour Green Apple flavour has certainly disappeared. Very pleased with it! I have a Coopers Irish Stout Kit in Primary at the moment so that'll be ready in a good few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Last of the Muntons Gold India Pale Ale going down nicely this evening. Have another batch just bottled the weekend.

The Muntons Premium Gold Midas Touch Golden Ale, just popped a bottle of that yesterday, 3 weeks locked up in the wardrobe, lovely stuff.

Have a Woodfords 3.0 Kg Admirals Reserve kicked off tonight :)
    Very productive few days.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

The IPA I bottled about 4 weeks has had little carbonation, improved over the past week alright. I reckon the recent hot weather has had some affect on it.

Looking forward to the Woodfords Admiral Reserve, just bottled it a week ago & stuck it under the stairs - a bit cooler in there.

Bloody hombrew west are now closed on Saturdays!!! Was nice and handy to drop in the odd Saturday for a looksee, always came out with something. Pain in the ar$e now trying to get to them during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Ok here's my setup atm. I have a few kits I need to finish off then I will be moving onto all grain. I did say when I got finished near enough I will post a pic of my setup.

I've managed to convince my girlfriend that we don't need a table and chairs so I have them disassembled and put away upstairs in a spare room. Cool huh? I've convinced her some bar stools and the bar here is the way forward.

E6F481E496984EDB96A080D9BD57E4FE-0000351280-0002951319-00500L-22C4E0A5AA4E43D48FB6730D0909F39E.jpg

349EE13E5F3E4DF4981899CA4EFE5EAC-0000351280-0002951320-00500L-FA3D399212EE4542AFD2A8B4164C4744.jpg

8F06371D4C1D4EE4A13B6EFCF9C3F64A-0000351280-0002951317-00500L-EA546EB2209C4491B633EA6B8A691A75.jpg

BE461800E85B4687A784148535C625C4-0000351280-0002951316-00500L-F6562CBEA8C446ECB8583F6EE86E1758.jpg

4DE8A5A48297474C8F1885B519D57FD4-0000351280-0002951315-00500L-4CAD890246724F16B6CD1851342B27AD.jpg

796A6934B6614F93ADB33FB5F5DC64E3-0000351280-0002951322-00800L-6B3FE04FC5FE46608F10F5753792E656.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ratsathome

Khannie wrote: »
    Some very impressive setups there folks. I bottled a batch of cider last night. You can get an idea of the colour in the clear glass bottle over on the right hand side. Can't wait for it. Going to kick off another one soon so that they can properly age before I drink them all. :)

202032.jpg

Is that a "Savanna" on the right

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Ratsathome wrote: »
    Is that a "Savanna" on the right

Yes it is! Well spotted. Saw it in lidl one day and tried it out. Tasty enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

47 bottles (large and small) of amber ale. First time dry-hopping, smelt great at bottling... think it's time to get a bench capper. The twin-handed capper was a mare at times.
    418417_10150983151263520_470355993_n.jpg

And labels from previous batches

Wheat beer
    557893_10150989442128520_2087555681_n.jpg

Christmas Ale
    388030_10150989441693520_183180905_n.jpg

Labels were created using the brilliant site, www.beerlabelizer.com. This site is blocked in work but has a sister site jamlabelizer.com which isn't. Woop!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

BeerNut wrote: »
    Can I get anyone a beer? This is most of what I have in the homebrew stash at the moment:
    homebrews.jpg
    I keep one bottle of every brew for some purpose that isn't clear yet. You can see some of them over at the far right.

Hey Beernut - How do you stop these from Freezing during winter? Is it not too cold in your attic for carbonation? The attic would really suit me as my house is small and I've very little space to store my brews!

Here is my Milestone IPA. It was my first brew, made in February. It tasted very homebrewy so I had left it under the stairs untouched. I decided to try it last night and its much nicer. Its a very dark IPA though, I wouldnt go for it again. I much prefer the American IPA.

215647.JPG

I also have a Better Brew Pilsner which is almost ready to drink - I dry hopped it with about 30g of cascade. At the moment it tastes pretty damn good - really looking forward to having it again in a few weeks!

Will be putting on a few brews this weekend:

1) Breferm Christmas
    2) Brewferm Gallia
    3) Ginger Beer recipe from another thread!

I also have an all grain American IPA kit from Brouland - just have to put together my all grain equipment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Coffee Chocolate Stout :)

coffee_resize.jpg

J o e wrote: »

coffee_resize.jpg

Looks very good!! I had a heartbreaking evening during the week where I had to throw my Stout down the sink as it was undrinkable :( I had tried (over the last few weeks) the brew in the hope that it'd come on a bit, but alas it was not to be. About 30 bottles down the drain....I am not put off at all though. Have a Oz Pale Ale conditioning in bottles and a Pilsner (for herself) in Secondary. Have high enough hopes for the Ale anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

what kit did you use, and did you do anything to make it particularly chocolaty and coffee-ey?

Coopers stout kit is going to be my next brew on and I'm thinking I'm going to still be drinking it come Christmas and the tastier it is the better for the festive season...

What happened to your stout Lang?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ratsathome

Coopers Wheat Beer
    picture.php?albumid=2214&pictureid=13636

• Advertisement

Baz_ wrote: »
    What happened to your stout Lang?

Not sure what exactly happened to it. It was near undrinkable. Was just better to throw out and continue with other brews. I had made mine with Cooper Kit and Dark LME. I probably didn't aerate the wort enough before pitching or something like that. I'll try it again in future, but will use Light LME or Spraymalt next time.

Advertisement