Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Avfctom wrote: »
    Yh he started well before in the youth team and reserves before then

Yep, he had the B team and did well with them, in his first season as manager he won a treble. That is the definition of hitting the ground running I think.

Also, just for the record, he became coach of the Barcelona B 2007 and became coach of Barcelona in 2008

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Terrible odds actually but all teams to score in the Jupiler league in Holland works out just over @31.

Last match of the regular season all, nothing major to play for.
    Zwolle are champions and the no2 til 7 (promotion play off places)are known too.

All matches over 2,5 @20

Will put a few euro's on both

Close but no cigar.
    Just Oss and Veendam failed to score. Veendam having a man sent off just before HT didnt help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

2 stand out bets in French Ligue 2 tomorrow:

Monaco (vs Clermont) @ 2.75 Monaco are the in form team at the moment, they're on a 5 game winning streak, they're the Reading of France, the odds are high cuz both teams are fighting for promotion but Monaco are in much better form atm.

Istres v Arles : draw @ 2.95 Arles have 4 draws in their last 5 games and Istres have 5 draws in their last 6 games

Get in! ;)

Sorry about Monaco...I guess they were bound to stop winning someday...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Dont often bet on the LOI but was told by a mate that Longford scored 4 the last day before the 25 min mark. So was looking at time of goal markets and have gone for time of first goal before the 31st min @ evens. Also have a few quid on Longford 2 or more goals @ evens.

nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

a double for tomorrow:
    BATE Borissov (Belarussian league)
    Spartaks (Latvian league)
    @ 2.53

BATE are playing vs the 2nd best team in Belarus, Shakhter, but BATE are in really good form, they beat their big rivals Dinamo Minsk 2-0 last weekend, I've seen the highlights of most of BATE's games this season and they're playing really well this season. Shakhter lost last weekend vs the side bottom of the table.

Spartaks are a promoted team who've had surprisingly good results so far, they're on a 3 game winning streak, they even beat Liepajas who are one of the top 3 teams in Latvia. They have several foriegn players including...5 Colombians :confused:. Anyway, tomorrow they're playing vs another promoted team who are 9th out of 10.

and a single on BATE to win to nil @ 2.85

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Anyone any advice or views on this bet, im thinking of sticking €100 on this 9/1 shout... usually wouldn't put so much on such odds but think d circumstances cud prove just!!

Last day of championship tomorrow,

southampton home to relegated coventry who have nothing to play for, southampton need to win to ensure the auto promo spot....

West Ham home to Hull, Hammers need to win and hope that saints slip to make the last auto promo spot, hammers on good form too 16 goals in last 5 games...

Cardiff need just a draw away to palace to confirm their playoff spot... Palace in absolute shiiit form and nothing to play for...

Middlesborough need a win and hope for cardif slip to get playoff spot, away to watford who again have nothing to play for...

I Know its risky but the thought of winning a grand where d 4 other teams have absolutely nothing to play 4 sounds good!

4 fold , Boro , cardiff, west Ham, Southampton €100 retuns €946

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Higgytash wrote: »
    Anyone any advice or views on this bet, im thinking of sticking €100 on this 9/1 shout... usually wouldn't put so much on such odds but think d circumstances cud prove just!!

southampton home to relegated coventry who have nothing to play for, southampton need to win to ensure the auto promo spot....

West Ham home to Hull, Hammers need to win and hope that saints slip to make the last auto promo spot, hammers on good form too 16 goals in last 5 games...

Cardiff need just a draw away to palace to confirm their playoff spot... Palace in absolute shiiit form and nothing to play for...

Middlesborough need a win and hope for cardif slip to get playoff spot, away to watford who again have nothing to play for...

I Know its risky but the thought of winning a grand where d 4 other teams have absolutely nothing to play 4 sounds good!

It can go both ways. Some teams with nothing to play for end up playing well as there is no pressure on them. S'ton and West Ham should be solid though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Liking Everton tomorrow 17/20 and W Brom 11/10.

Jelevic and co banging them in as they make their usual charge towards the end of the season, and Brom continue to keep playing well under Hodgson's orders against a lacklustre Villa.

Might add in Saints at 2/7, cant see them losing against relegated Coventry at St Marys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Higgytash wrote: »

Boro are dodgy as hell. Wouldn't include them in a bet if they were playing Galway. Rest looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Papiss Cisse @ 11/10 anytime scorer
    Wigan v Newcastle

loving that price

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

Avfctom wrote: »
    Yh he started well before in the youth team and reserves before then

chelsea are a dog of a team to manage.

i lost count the number of managers they have had, when will the owner get sick of football and go put his money somewhere else? it would be in the best interests of the club and i couldn't care less about them.

de matteo will be most likely either fired in the summer or next January after half the season.

tips for weekend

Stuttgart and kaisers +1

dortmund got league wrapped up, munich will prob play a reserve side.

the odds on a +1 for the opposition are wayy too high

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Boro are dodgy as hell. Wouldn't include them in a bet if they were playing Galway. Rest looks good

Hmmm true, might leave dem out and add in Everton.... I was gonna have everton though as a back up bet lump same amount on them , cant see anything but a win for them and serious odds

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

chelsea are a dog of a team to manage.

i lost count the number of managers they have had, when will the owner get sick of football and go put his money somewhere else? it would be in the best interests of the club and i couldn't care less about them.

de matteo will be most likely either fired in the summer or next January after half the season.

tips for weekend

Stuttgart and kaisers +1

dortmund got league wrapped up, munich will prob play a reserve side.

the odds on a +1 for the opposition are wayy too high

Kaiserslauten are bottom of the league also with nothing to play for, Dortmund B squad will walk this game imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

magherakid wrote: »
    Dont often bet on the LOI but was told by a mate that Longford scored 4 the last day before the 25 min mark. So was looking at time of goal markets and have gone for time of first goal before the 31st min @ evens. Also have a few quid on Longford 2 or more goals @ evens.

nice one
    Cheers great start to wkend! Some good value in LOI

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Gillysome

Cheers great start to wkend! Some good value in LOI

Glad to be of service bud :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Headshot wrote: »
    Papiss Cisse @ 11/10 anytime scorer
    Wigan v Newcastle

loving that price

Insane price for a lad who has scored in 6 consecutive games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Newcastle 6/4 to beat wigan... Great value or just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Wigan seem to play spoiler a lot at this time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Newcastle 6/4 to beat wigan... Great value or just me?

get on cisse to score anytime at 5/4 much more likely to happen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

A few interesting matches this weekend. Southampton, West Ham and Everton looks banker material.

Who are people fancying in the big Manc Derby on Monday night? Momentum surely with City.

There's an Old Firm Derby on Sunday as well, with the external and internal turmoil at Ibrox this week, Celtic should be value at 4/5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Lumped on newcastle (100) to win 8/5
    cisse any time @ evens 30
    cisse hat trick @ 25/1 20

basically wigan are a flash in the pan and they will be found out this weekend,Newcastle on flying from and fighting for 4th . Let's not forget wigan one off regulation and there for a reason

Cisse for a hat trick is really just a bit of fun,but I think it could happen so here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

A few interesting matches this weekend. Southampton, West Ham and Everton looks banker material.

Who are people fancying in the big Manc Derby on Monday night? Momentum surely with City.

There's an Old Firm Derby on Sunday as well, with the external and internal turmoil at Ibrox this week, Celtic should be value at 4/5
    matches you prefer to watch are usually not games you want to bet on.

Wigan at home are far better than wigan away. To be fair the difference is so large you may as well ignore home form and you definately cant ignore recent form of beating utd, arsenal and if the refs mates didnt lump on chelsea wigan would have beat them 1-0 as well. So many better bets.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Well that was diabolical to put it bluntly. One day good, one day bad routine is become a tad frustrating at this point but I'll carry on anyway what the main European league seasons on it's last few games. No write ups.

Swansea Win to Nil @ 8/5
    Cisse Anytime @ 11/10 (Thanks HS!)
    Jelavic Anytime @ 11/10
    odds I cannot remember and not arsed checking at this time of day. I think Schalke were 4/9 though.

Oh and **** me for saying it, but Norwich @ 13/5 I might have to have a look at. DNB was 7/4 I think which looks a good'un.

Formation wrote: »
    Wigan at home are far better than wigan away. To be fair the difference is so large you may as well ignore home form and you definately cant ignore recent form of beating utd, arsenal and if the refs mates didnt lump on chelsea wigan would have beat them 1-0 as well. So many better bets.
    Too late now,you make valid points . I still favor newcastle tho.

out of interest what bets you favor your self tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭The Irish Riddler

-Ade- wrote: »
    Well that was diabolical to put it bluntly. One day good, one day bad routine is become a tad frustrating at this point but I'll carry on anyway what the main European league seasons on it's last few games. No write ups.

Swansea Win to Nil @ 8/5
    Cisse Anytime @ 11/10 (Thanks HS!)
    Jelavic Anytime @ 11/10
    odds I cannot remember and not arsed checking at this time of day. I think Schalke were 4/9 though.

Oh and **** me for saying it, but Norwich @ 13/5 I might have to have a look at. DNB was 7/4 I think which looks a good'un.
    definately interested in the DNB. Have been eyeing it for a couple of days but looking at all the stats except goals actually scored liverpool are far superior.

In the end i will probably stick with btts in this one.

Freiburg draw no bet is HUGE value.

Freiburg draw no bet is HUGE value.

8/13 on hill hardly massive value,I know nothing about the team tho so maybe it is . You going big on it?

8/13 on hill hardly massive value,I know nothing about the team tho so maybe it is . You going big on it?
    its almost a freeroll.

you do realise huge value in sports betting would be around 20% ROI?

In other words I believe Freiburg wins 3x as many games as they will lose.

• Advertisement

its almost a freeroll.

you do realise huge value in sports betting would be around 20% ROI?

nope,I just don't see the point in odds on and I prefer singles.
    Good luck in your bet I hope it comes in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement