Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RIP Paul Bunbury - Respectful posts only please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Marcus_Crassus

RIP Paul.

I'll be thinking of his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Thread TEMPORARILY closed. The original post on the Missing Persons page on FB was removed due to some people not having been informed yet. In respect, this thread will be locked and re-opened once the news has been OFFICIALLY confirmed.

I'm sorry for this inconvenience but it will be re-opened and updated as soon as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Thread is now open. Paul's death has been confirmed by a family member.

Once again, RIP in Paul and deepest condolences to all his family and friends. Thank you to all the people who have helped out with the search for Paul in any way possible.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I'm so shocked! I've been checking in on this thread every couple of days expecting to hear Paul came back from a little holiday...

R.I.P. Paul :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Very sad, all the best to his family and friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Rest in Peace Paul, you will be missed by many here on boards. If only you had known how much support and good will there was here for you x

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Never knew Paul or his family or friends but following this thread i felt i got to know him a bit and I hoped it would have been a better outcome, my deepest sympathy to Pauls family and friends

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Heart-breaking.
    Deepest condolences to Pauls family and friends.
    R.I.P. Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

I only got to know Paul around July on IRC, but.. what a Guy. So smart - but so intelligent in many ways, not just how fast his brain did things. He wanted to help everyone and was just a genuine Guy...

I know, others have known him longer, and I'm just a kid, but I'm gonna miss him, badly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭northern lights

What a shock, it's just so tragic ....
    Can't begin to imagine how devastated his family and friends must be. Deepest condolences to them all. Be at peace Paul...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Callipo

Rest In Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

RIP Paul ... the world has lost a very smart young man.

I never got a chance to get to know you, but, from what I have read on this thread you where a great guy.

My deepest sympathies are with your family.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Never knew him or met him, but I was following this from the very beginning and honestly just thought he needed a break for a while. I don't normally pay as close attention to missing reports as this one, but I guess with him being a Boardsie it just happened.

Its what it all seemed to be pointing towards. I never expected this, so I am stunned, heartbroken and gutted for his friends and family. Every time I heard about bodies being recovered in the past few weeks, part of me hoped it wasn't him. Now today, its happened.

Its hard for so many. To live 5 weeks not knowing if he was okay or not, hoping he would return or just get in touch if possible, hoping for the best and always on ones mind. But now, for his death to be confirmed it brings a lot more hardship and pain back to the front of ones feelings again and its a very hard time for those close to him and the family.

May Paul Rest in Peace, and may his family and friends lead as much of a peaceful life as possible now that they have some closure.

I hope its not inappropriate for me to say one final thing. I am not saying this as a result of any speculation but because this time and news can lead to a lot of hurt and upset. People may need to get some advise or talk to someone. Head over to Personal Issues, go un-registered if you like, but do talk to someone. Never ever let something get you down, or play on your mind, without talking it over with someone else. A close friend, a family member, complete strangers online, or the Samaritans

Their numbers;
    1850 60 90 90 in the Republic of Ireland
    08457 90 90 90 in the UK and Northern Ireland

May Paul Rest in Peace.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I am so so sorry, been following this thread hoping we'd hear Paul just needed a break for a while. I really didn't expect this outcome, my heart goes out to Paul's family and friends.
    R.I.P. Xx.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

My jaw dropped when I saw the post saying his body had been found :(. I genuinely hoped along with everyone else that he'd just taken some time away from it all. RIP Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

Genuinely Upset, May He Rest In Peace.
    I have been warmed though by the good the internet can bring, total strangers trying to help others, people concerned for their fellow man.
    Im glad at the least, Paul's family has closure and a will have a place to visit their son.
    with a heavy heart, RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

Wow i'm utterly shocked. I read about this about 2 or 3 hours ago, but i've been looking for reports confirming it and stuff... like many I've been following this case since the very first 2-3 pages, and altho I didnt know him, I was so sure he'd be found safe. It never occured to me that it wouldn't be the case. I'm seriously upset for him and his family, and the lack of information makes it a lot worse... I just hope he didnt suffer. Sorry if this is inconsiderate of me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

RIP so sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Pyg :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Genuinely sad to hear of this tragic outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Total shock, like most people on here I genuinely thought he would turn up. RIP Paul.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Rest in Peace Paul.

Wexlady - you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Like many others i had thought of him as being a sensible guy who for whatever reason just needed some space.
    I'm still in shock...RIP Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mola1

I didnt know Paul but id been following this page since id seen he had gone missing and it seems he was a very good inteligent person, its such a shame that the search had to come to such an end.
    My thoughts and prayers go to his family & friends at this time. May he rest in peace.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Terrible news. :( Had been keeping an eye on the thread and saw a few posters up around the city again this morning.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

What was his screename on this site?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Very sad news, my condolences to Paul's family and friends. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

RIP :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

So sad, my heart goes out to his family and friends.

RIP Paul.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Shane St. wrote: »
    What was his screename on this site?
    Pygmalion

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement