Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommended Movies on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

:eek: Jees, i thought last year afaik after Halloween was early!
    But i heard that Thanksgiving was on Mon in Canada, compared to Last w/end in Nov in US.
    Why does my post have smilies? I never use smiles!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Just saw there that Red is starting on film 4+1 at 10:00

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The Rescuers is on C4 around 13:30 this afternoon.

Secret life of Walter Mitty on film 4 at 9.00 (again at 10:00 on the plus 1). Was on in recent times. Quite enjoyed it too. Not too bad for a Monday night I guess.

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Secret life of Walter Mitty on film 4 at 9.00 (again at 10:00 on the plus 1). Was on in recent times. Quite enjoyed it too. Not too bad for a Monday night I guess.

Maybe get some Papa Johns pizza in while you watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Rumble in the Bronx, ITV4 Saturday 9:50PM. Jackie Chan's breakthrough movie in the USA. Ludicrous plot, meticulously choreographed Kung Fu fighting, and perilous stunts - including one where Jackie breaks his ankle jumping on to a boat, and several other cast & crew also suffered injuries on set. Set in New York, filmed in Vancouver with the Rockies in the background of some shots ... what's not to like?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

A couple of reasonable watches tonight - Salt 9:00pm Film4, The fugitive 11:10pm ITV4. Top pick (for me) is probably Scent of a woman 10:20pm on Watch if you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Don't do what I have been doing for the last few Sundays by torturing myself by watching the increasingly tedious The Fall because...

Grand Budapest Hotel- 23rd October -Channel 4-pm.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Don't do what I have been doing for the last few Sundays by torturing myself by watching the increasingly tedious The Fall because...

Grand Budapest Hotel- 23rd October -Channel 4-pm.:)

Thankfully, i never got into it or Fell for it ;)

Afaik Grand Budapest Hotel, is gonna be one of the new movies on a Thurs nite on RTE2?

There's a list of films today on Film4:

The Fantastic Mr Fox - @1pm
    if you have young kids around, seen it at the cinema with my nephew & niece, everyone enjoyed, it was fun to watch.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid@2.40pm
    City of Ember@4.40pm

Life of PI @6.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Stuart little 2 just started on E4+1 now. Such a cute film.

• Advertisement

Its on Irish Netflix, but for those who have poor broadband, Once Upon A Time In America is on TG4, 24th October 9.30pm.

The Wicker Man (1973), Tuesday 9pm on the Horror Channel.

One for the night owls, or set your DVR, Les Combattants (Love at First Fight) is on Film 4 at 1.50am tonight/tomorrow morning.

French film, not really a Rom Com, more a not too heavy drama about a guy who meets a girl who is determined to join the French Special Forces so she can learn survival skills for when civilization inevitably ends, so he decides to attend boot camp with her. Won an award at Cannes in 2014, ticks along nicely with two likable leads.

Aye I might watch that, quite often the last film Film 4 show before they close is the highlight of the day/early morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,984 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Once upon a time in America is on TG4 tonight at 9.30

Wake In Fright on tonight at 11.15 film 4.Not seen it, but read lots about it and meant to be excellent, Deliverance for Aussies:P

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/mar/06/wake-in-fright-review-australia-outback

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wake_in_fright/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

ParaNorman is on RTE 1 at 7pm. Great stop motion animation from Laika Studios

Film4 are looking good tonight.

Imitation Game 9.00pm Film4 and hour later on +1. Loved this film.

Then at 11:00pm (Also Film4) Source Code (a good watch too IMHO).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Film4 are looking good tonight.

Imitation Game 9.00pm Film4 and hour later on +1. Loved this film.

Then at 11:00pm (Also Film4) Source Code (a good watch too IMHO).

You forgot The Salt of the Earth at 1am, amazing documentary

12 years a slave on Film4 at 9:00pm (10pm on the +1) - not bad at all for a mid week if that's your kind of thing. 3 oscars under its belt too if oscars are your kind of thing

• Advertisement

Ghost Dog is on film 4 at 12.40am.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

The brilliant 'Road to Perdition' starring Tom Hanks is on the Sony Channel tonight @9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

The Town, with Ben Afflect and Jeremy Rennear on Rte at 9:50, very enjoyable film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Support Your Local Sheriff is on Movies4Men on Sunday at about 1.30 PM, the sequel Support Your Local Gunfighter is on at 7 PM it's not half as good sadly, the first though is a mini classic of rootin' tootin' comedy.

House of Flying Daggers airs tonight at 1:10am on Film4.

Not great picks tonight but Panic Room - 11pm 3e (was on very recently too). Great if you want to feed any paranoia that you may have about your personal safety at home.

Not TV, but...I'll just leave this here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A bit late but HOUSE (1986) the now rarely seen comic horror about a writer and his grans old place is on Horror at 12.45 am and Plus 1. Recommended for fans of old school scares.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,984 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Black Hawk Down is on 3e at 10pm tonight

• Advertisement

Vivre sa vie is on film 4 tonight at 1.45am.

Not seen it, but heard great things.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/sep/06/vivre-sa-vie-dvd-review-jean-luc-godard-philip-french

Advertisement