Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Nessy1 wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Need some help. Its my first time applying for FIS. My date is the 28th of March and I havent heard a thing.:( Is anyone else the same? Or have they passed me by? Also does an inspector call to all appliciants??:cool:
    I think it's slower for first time applicants, no harm to give them a ring all the same. I got a visit from an inspector once, but it was while I was receiving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nessy1

Thanks for your replys. I was afraid to ring incase they put me back on the list. Just wondered about Inspector. I have nothing to hide, its just I am not at home much and wondered had someone called without me knowing, and that would have delayed the desicion.
    Might try giving a call on Tuesday. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jkee

got my weekly amount in my acct this morning without back dates...does anyone know how long they take to pay back dates..this is first fis claim

jkee wrote: »
    got my weekly amount in my acct this morning without back dates...does anyone know how long they take to pay back dates..this is first fis claim
    You should have the back money on tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kmscc

jca wrote: »
    Looking like early to mid September for me then. Kids back in school end of August, bloody disaster!! At this rate I'll have to go to moneylender.. I'm not joking either.
    It is a joke....I got the back to school so at least the kids are dressed for school...... What is your date ??? mine is 23rd of May so going on what is been said here i am hopeful for the end of August fingers crossed !!!!

• Advertisement

kmscc wrote: »
    jca wrote: »
    Looking like early to mid September for me then. Kids back in school end of August, bloody disaster!! At this rate I'll have to go to moneylender.. I'm not joking either.
    It is a joke....I got the back to school so at least the kids are dressed for school...... What is your date ??? mine is 23rd of May so going on what is been said here i am hopeful for the end of August fingers crossed !!!!
    I'm 23rd of may too. At this rate I'd be better off not working and just sign on. At least I'd know what I have from week to week. The summer holidays have been ruined. Only for the ulster bank overdraft I would have been doomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi can anyone tell me , i received a letter last week to say they receoved my claim ( this is my first time) and that there were delays. does anyone know how long delays are.

Know how you feel, i don't have an overdraft , so things are really bad, i just hope we get sorted soon , i think things are getting worse , any way we may try and keep the good side out for the kids sake...... it is easier said than done......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

my fis renewal date was 26th june i got mine i was only waiting for 5 weeks the reason i got onto my local td n told him how bad it was tryin to live without that payment every week and he pushed it 4ward 4 me.

amandam676 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone tell me , i received a letter last week to say they receoved my claim ( this is my first time) and that there were delays. does anyone know how long delays are.

my first time i was waitin for 22weeks

• Advertisement

just sayin if u go they will help sorry for my innapropriate posts

hollster2 wrote: »
    and also i even said that to them ppl that know sum1 alaso gets things quicker and blooody forgeiners so it wasnt like i went in and they said yeah ok i rang and rang all day 4 2weeks when when your kids r cryin sayin mummy im hungry n u have nothing therte u would :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Do you think it's any different for any of us???

i know that thats why i thought i was helpin ppl sayin they can help i know but when my kids r suffering my heart breaks for them plus anymoney i was due went on rent

I am not judging any one you said you went to your td and got your FIS in 5 weeks,
    it is your business who you go to, every one here is finding things hard other wise we would not be on this board, No body wants to be in this situation, but what i am saying is we all applied on time, and now it seems that some can get their fis sorted before others who have waited and waited to me this is not a fair system.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Thread temporary closed for clean up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

This thread is for Fis waiting time's (not first time applicants) only.

Any off topic,ranting,raving,insulting dept staff ect will result in a lengthy ban from the forum.

mp22

i apologise sorry i got carried away wont happen again sorry

Hey people does any one know what date they are on now :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

I have a fair idea they will be on 10/5/12 renewals from next week. Just going by yabadabadoos previous posts.
    My renewal is the 17th May so will keep you posted if I hear anything in the next 2 weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,512 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

They have started processing 10/5/12 claims.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    They have started processing 10/5/12 claims.
    Getting close now!!

If they are on the 10/05 that means i have another two weeks my date is 23/05 am i right in saying this ???:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,512 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

kmscc wrote: »
    If they are on the 10/05 that means i have another two weeks my date is 23/05 am i right in saying this ???:)

not necessarily,some dates take longer than others to process,due to the different volumes of claims on any particular date. A good guide is it usually takes two weeks to clear a date.

yabadabado wrote: »
    not necessarily,some dates take longer than others to process,due to the different volumes of claims on any particular date. A good guide is it usually takes two weeks to clear a date.
    Right so i will be thinking end of August then, with a bit of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭aileach

When you phone them up do they tell a specific date that they are working on or a week range? I'm praying here that the waiting times are getting shorter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

Just rang there, very nice guy said they are working on the 10/5/12 renewals at the moment and that there should be a decision in the next 2 to 3 weeks. My renewal is the 17th May. So my claim hasn't gone to the deciding officer yet.

Any one know have they moved forward on 10/05 ???

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tantan1305

I rang them today and I was told they are still working on the 10th May. He said I should hear something in about 3 weeks - my renewal date was 31st May

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kior3

hi, was just wondering did anyone get any fis back pay got my weekly money in my account 4 weeks ago but didn't get any backpay yet. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 babsrose

kior3 wrote: »
    hi, was just wondering did anyone get any fis back pay got my weekly money in my account 4 weeks ago but didn't get any backpay yet. thanks

I got mine a few weeks ago and the back pay was with it. you should give them a call about it

Advertisement