Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bertie writing sport for the news of the world!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Does he have no family or friends telling him that he isn't as well perceived by the public as he seems to think he is? It's extraordinary that he still views himself as some sort of man of the people.. I reckon he's mid-way through a breakdown tbh.. nobody of a sound mind could be so deluded. Keeping up public appearances etc is probably a coping mechanism moreso than a sign of his hard neck.

I'm actually starting to pity the man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

johnn wrote: »
    ah you have to love Bertie, he's a man having the banter, the type of ex-Taoiseach you could go for a few pints with.

Go for a pint with that ignorant, deluded asshole ?

I'd rather ...... actually, I'm stuck for words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

The NOTW has now joined my list of papers not to buy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

The NOTW has now joined my list of papers not to buy!

Only now ? I would never have even considered it a newspaper.....it's right there with stuff like The Sunday World and The Sunday Independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

BornToBe? wrote: »
    Ya, him in the closet

closet? queer.. wasn't blue in the face nude hanging by a tie per chance? another news of the world sting?

wishful thinking! come out of the closet bertrude n delight us with your Man U match reports :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Bertie sittting in a room with a bunch of vegetables!

Nothing strange there then!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mick125

Berthie Aherne from here on should be known as Mother Hubbard

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He's a money-grubbing media whore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

What about his long lost relative, Bertie Ahernia?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

mick125 wrote: »
    Berthie Aherne from here on should be known as Mother Hubbard

Id say just call him a pr!ck :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

He's a money-grubbing media whore.

Bertie or Paul Williams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭JohnathanM

Typical Fianna Fail man - cares about nothing other than what's in his wallet, and what he can take from others. Nice to see both he and Cowen united in removing any semblance of dignity from the office of Taoiseach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

He's my hero. It's all in the eyes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...i suddenly realised he is giving the rest of us the two fingers...
    A lot of us realised that many years ago while he was still the head chief - if not before!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Beretie in the closet, always knew there was something weird about a man with such a colossal make up bill.:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭blackbox

...he is giving the rest of us the two fingers.
    He is being paid as a member of our Government and i would think his time would better spent trying to get us out of the hole he got the country into up to now i have voted Fianna Fáil not anymore.

He got us into this hole because he was incompetent and had no ethics (he didn't understand what "ettics" was), so there is no point in him trying to get us out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

When Haughey said that "he's the most devious of them all", what do we expect?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

wonder how his terrible memory will impact his ability to accurately remember game results?

He should be put against a wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Wonder will he do the horse racing too, after all, he
    'won it on a horse'

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

wonder how his terrible memory will impact his ability to accurately remember game results?

He should be put against a wall.

He should be put through a ****ing wall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Someone mentioned that Bertie still has a state car and driver , but I think they were winding me up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Someone mentioned that Bertie still has a state car and driver , but I think they were winding me up

All taoisigh have a car and driver for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Paul Williams, the guy that slated the News Of The World for years and years.

Called them "British gutter tabloids" whenever he didn't approve of their methods of obtaining stories and now he's taking it up the ass for cash.

I hate that f**ker with a passion and my blood boils every time I hear him refer Veronica Guerin as "my colleague".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

I think this thread needs a little musical accompaniment:

I'd rather find a midget in the press than Bertie tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

No I'm afraid they weren't winding you up at all.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    I hate that f**ker with a passion and my blood boils every time I hear him refer Veronica Guerin as "my colleague".

It's sad because Veronica Guerin seemed like a genuine person who had the right intentions, and this muppet Williams is using her name to justify his own self-serving agenda. Writing for the NOTW seems to be about his level alright. He does nothing but glorify a bunch of small-time hoodlums without making any noticeable impact other than to his own bank balance.

As for Bertie well don't get me started. I guess he found his journalistic level aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Paul Williams, the guy that slated the News Of The World for years and years.

Calling the "British gutter tabloids" whenever he didn't approve of their methods of obtaining stories and now he's taking it up the ass for cash.

Funny enough, he shares a lot in common with Bertie then!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Don't know if this has been posted in the thread yet, but its the definitive version for my money...

Advertisement