Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I have to head out (to ring a lad in Bulgaria to find out about the new property I've just bought)... but before I do.... one final point... Any time that Joe is wasting on these property speculators should be given over to those poor people in Priory Hall... Now THAT is a complete scam, fully Irish owned..

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

"If it's good enough for the Norwegians, it's good enough for me Joe."

Meet Platinum's new Norwegian Marketing Director Anders Breivik.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

"If it's good enough for the Norwegians, it's good enough for me Joe."

Those Norwegians are savvy buggers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

And your point is? (Caller, not comment above)

Is she reading from a script?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

europa11 wrote: »
    Apartments in Bulgaria. :o

A Celtic Tiger leftover if there was ever one.
    P. Flynn would be proud. I have 3 appartments in Bulgaria, marble floors, you should try it......

same Aussie as yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"De categories dat are now gone are....cardiac arrest..stroke"

Joe treating this like a lahhvlahn poll ?

Wahaaay! Skippy's on!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

A dingo took the ambulance, struth!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Play back the bit when he told you to STFU. Joe :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

We really DON'T want to waste our resources...why is this being considered wrong??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

anyone else hear the mumbling there, was that Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Have to go folks, some lad called Johnathan Anon keeps ringing me about some non-existant property I sold him in Bulgaria. Might be back later if I can get rid of him quickly.......have fun!

Methinks yer one takes her FR role a bit too seriously and should just shut up.

surely we DO have to get smarter with our resources.................

whats wrong with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Why don't they get him back on the air to debate in person, rather than sniping at soundbites from yesterday?

Have to go folks, some lad called Johnathan Anon keeps ringing me about some non-existant property I sold him in Bulgaria. Might be back later if I can get rid of him quickly.......have fun!

Ski...give me a call if you some more of those Deeds printed out..will be the same quality as the last ones ;)

surferdudz wrote: »
    surely we DO have to get smarter with our resources.................

whats wrong with that?

Nothing, she's miffed that some of her empire's been snatched away.

do these FR people get paid?

terrible line...terrible line.......

• Advertisement

volunteers I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Joe should refuse to accept a call from anyone on Meteor network. Woeful reception.

Nope, voluntary.

they will " lose interest"...WTF!!!!! Its a hobby ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

"we're dealing with science and that's the problem"

Ireland 2012.

these "one sided debates" are worthless.....................

they will " lose interest"...WTF!!!!! Its a hobby ??

No, volunteering to assist the community, don't be so hard on him. He has a semi-point, if they get trained up and then are never called out people soon get bored and find something more interesting to do.

RadioRetro wrote: »
    No, volunteering to assist the community, don't be so hard on him. He has a semi-point, if they get trained up and then are never called out people soon get bored and find something more interesting to do.

thats fair enought ..but to suggest they will then LOSE INTEREST if their call outs reduce suggests more than a bit of self interest to me...........

surferdudz, I see what you're getting at but look at it this way, if you're trained to CFR or EFR level and then sit around on shifts week after week doing feck all, you'll soon come to the conclusion you're wasting your time and will defect to the Civil Defence, Order of Malta, Red Cross, St.John Ambulance where you're guaranteed a set number of active duties. People want to put their skills to good use, not sit around bored for shift after shift after shift.

[EDIT] Caller, PHECC never consult the voluntary emergency services about anything. Get over it.

• Advertisement

Did joe just say "feck"?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement