Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best phone

Options
  • 26-07-2014 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

If money was no problem whats the best phone on the market right now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

28064212 wrote: »

Doesn't state RAM, battery is not great for that price and there are some higher spec Chinese phones for about $21,400 less.
    Personally I would go with the HTC One M8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

£68,000 (but free shipping, so no need for ParcelMotel ;))

solidgold_iphone5_box.jpg

That's what I'd buy her, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Moto G :D

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭matthew the statue

Barr wrote: »
    Moto G :D

Good for the price but doesn't compete with the big phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

the note 4 out in a month will probably be the highest spec of 2014

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

the note 4 out in a month will probably be the highest spec of 2014

Yes but unless you get the Google Play Edition the Moto G will be faster than the Samsung Touchwiz crapified version

just root it and put something else on? the moto g wouldnt have better performance in apps or games than an s5 or note 4

just root it and put something else on? the moto g wouldnt have better performance in apps or games than an s5 or note 4

Yes and walk away from your warranty. Rooting has disadvantages too if you are using the phone in a corporate environment.

im no brand snob but a phone with the specs of the moto g cant compete on a hardware perspective with say an s5 or m8, ui is all personal preference imo,
    I am in the market for a new phone and i know il be getting a note 4 when it comes out, supposed to have a 2k screen, newest snapdragon, decent amount of internal memory, probably water/dust proof and im sure it will have a great camera, if i buy a smartphone it has to be the newest of the new as i need them to last me at least 2 years.
    I can see the appeal of phones like the moto g, amazing value piece of kit but id be sick of it when games etc. become sluggish

• Advertisement

I do agree with you, Moto G is great value but it is a budget phone at the end of the day. However as someone who had 3 Samsung phones and rooted and custom rom'd them, I'm now at the stage that all I want is usability so I've stuck with a Nexus 5 and vanilla Android. I'll not be buying Samsung again, it's too much hard work to get the best performance out of it (unless you get the overpriced GPE). It's like Samsung let the communities fix the problems they create with the bloat they add.

and then if you buy the phone on a network you have all their crap as well :D cant win! the new lg g3 is meant to have a very minimal ui which is comparable to vanilla

and then if you buy the phone on a network you have all their crap as well :D cant win! the new lg g3 is meant to have a very minimal ui which is comparable to vanilla

Why not the OnePlus One or the Oppo Find 7, both come with Cyanogen. I'll not be getting another phone off a network, I've given up contracts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

... I'll not be buying Samsung again, it's too much hard work to get the best performance out of it (unless you get the overpriced GPE)….

Or you could install a GPE ROM on a GS4 .. which is what I have done and haven't looked back (Virgin ROM GPE).

I do like the Samsung hardware .. just not their dreadful ROMs & TouchWiz

We have 4 Samsung phones in our house. None of them are running Samsung software.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

I'll not be getting another phone off a network, I've given up contracts

I've just come to the same conclusion. I've been with Vodafone since 2001, Eircell before that. Vodafone have become too expensive with their 24 month contract and expensive smart phones.

I am on bill pay with a monthly bill of approx 46 Euros. I can get a way better 12 month contract with Tesco mobile for 25 a month. More minutes, texts and 8 times more data!

By buying a HTC One M8 from expansys.ie I can save 100 Euro and I'm not stuck in a 24 month contract.

Yes but unless you get the Google Play Edition the Moto G will be faster than the Samsung Touchwiz crapified version

out of interest can you get google play edition devices in europe? and where?

out of interest can you get google play edition devices in europe? and where?

Amazon.co.UK and expanses.ie have them

Advertisement