Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Linx 7 Windows 8.1 Tablet - €44 from Meteor (with CeX trade-in)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Can't buy from the meteor store using a phone browser which is damned inconsiderate of them:'( would give me a better chance of getting the next one in stock with the yellow phone :-)
    When you click how to buy it gives you the option to buy on full site which you can view on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Any way around the high unlock costs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Mezcita wrote: »
    Any way around the high unlock costs?

Nope. Unless you are on Meteor and have spent enough to allow you to unlock a few IMEIs. Lumia's have always been dear to unlock manually.

Just got a dispatch notice for mine (Phone, Tablet + SIM Card)! Should be with me tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Same.

i look forward to experiencing windows mobile, being a pc head and hating 8.1. i dont know if i will struggle with 8 till 10 is released. Im more interested in the phone to see how good it really is when it costs 100+ in some countries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Humorously, given its name, I cannot find any evidence as to whether the tablet can be coerced into running Linux.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Just got a dispatch notice for mine (Phone, Tablet + SIM Card)! Should be with me tomorrow. :)

+1 here

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Each item was priced at the full amount in the email I received hope they don't try and grab the full amount.

Each item was priced at the full amount in the email I received hope they don't try and grab the full amount.

Showing meteor €89.98 pending on my bank account. Think we'll be fine.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Showing meteor €89.98 pending on my bank account. Think we'll be fine.

Same. They just sent out individual shipping emails with separate pricing. Nothing to worry about. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mine says:

1 x Nokia Lumia 530 + Linx Tab 7 Yellow €89.98
    Total with free delivery €89.98

No separate emails. Just one email.

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Mine says:

1 x Nokia Lumia 530 + Linx Tab 7 Yellow €89.98
    Total with free delivery €89.98

No separate emails. Just one email.

That's the order confirmation and not the shipping email I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

My original order for just the tablet has been charged to my bank account which I cancelled. Im going to refuse it. Hopefully get confirmation the 530/Tab deal has gone through today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

GBX wrote: »
    My original order for just the tablet has been charged to my bank account which I cancelled. Im going to refuse it. Hopefully get confirmation the 530/Tab deal has gone through today.

Same for me. I got confirmation of both orders last night. The bloody hassle of sending it back!

I accepted the delivery so they are sending me out a Jiffy bag with a prepaid label. Hope it fits in the packet!

My bundle deal is showing as Out for Delivery as of 8.26am this morning, yay! :D Super fast service from Meteor in fairness to them.

Did you get an email to confirm that or do you have a meteor account you can check this on?? I haven't received confirmation the first one has been dispatched yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭SteM

My bundle deal is showing as Out for Delivery as of 8.26am this morning, yay! :D Super fast service from Meteor in fairness to them.

Mind me asking when you ordered your bundle?

SteM wrote: »
    Mind me asking when you ordered your bundle?

Monday evening for the first bundle, yesterday morning for the second.

Did you get an email to confirm that or do you have a meteor account you can check this on?? I haven't received confirmation the first one has been dispatched yet.

They sent an email both times.

They sent an email both times.

I ordered the single tablet on Monday and still no confirmation to say its been dispatched.

• Advertisement

Mine just changed to out for delivery too. Happy days! Ordered Monday evening.

I ordered the single tablet on Monday and still no confirmation to say its been dispatched.

Maybe they cancelled it on time but the transaction already went through on your card? Best to email or ring them and ask whats up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

That's the order confirmation and not the shipping email I presume.

Yes.

I ordered mine around 1pm so it won't ship till tonight so at present just the one email. It's the only amount visa secure approved so they cannot take more anyway.

Updated again: Out for Delivery. Expected delivery time 09:29 - 10:29

Updated again: Out for Delivery. Expected delivery time 09:29 - 10:29

Mine is Expected delivery time 10:46 - 11:46 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Mine is Expected delivery time 10:46 - 11:46 :D

Where do you see this?
    I don't get that kind of detail when I track mine on dpd.ie

frash wrote: »
    Where do you see this?

In the status tab. It was out for delivery first. Then it added the extra info a few minutes after.

frash wrote: »
    Where do you see this?

Right next to the 'Out for Delivery' statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

E120 instore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Mine out for delivery due between 10.30-11.30 :)

Advertisement