Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

B&Q - Energy Saving Bulbs

• 27-01-2015 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Diall, were over €14

B22 & E14 were the 2 I spotted

4 for €6

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Phantom99

Was this in the clearance section or were these an offer on the shelves?

I rang my local B&Q and the woman didn't know anything about LED light offers

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Phantom99 wrote: »
    Was this in the clearance section or were these an offer on the shelves?

I rang my local B&Q and the woman didn't know anything about LED light offers

I think they might be just CFL bulbs.

Thanks op. I'm annoyed now, was charged a fiver for one in dunnes last night, arg!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Lidl have some LED bulbs.

Mostly E27 or other things that aren't B22

2x 3W E27 for €5.99
    Livarno Lux® LED Light Bulb
    €5.99per item

Choose from E27, 5W Bulb, E27, 5.5W Bulb, E14, 3W Candle 2 pack, E27, 3W Round 2 pack, E14, 3W Round 2 pack, E14, 4.2W Candle 2 pack
    2700 Kelvin warm white light
    20,000 hour life span
    5W=36W incandescent 5.5W=39W incandescent 3W=25W incandescent 4.2W=30W incandescent
    http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=19520

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Tefral

Lidl have some LED bulbs.

Mostly E27 or other things that aren't B22

2x 3W E27 for €5.99

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=19520

The ones in Lidl are Edison type ones, most ceiling roses are Bayonet type! Just be aware of that when buying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭_Jumper_

Off to aliexpress with ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

cronin_j wrote: »
    The ones in Lidl are Edison type ones, most ceiling roses are Bayonet type! Just be aware of that when buying

Both Aldi & Lidl have had the screw-in one's/Edison type in, as The bayonet one's are hard to find at a reasonable price as they're between €5-8 in Supervalu.

I find it easier to mention push-in/screw-in bulbs to staff as they're baffled with the other names! also i've noticed the bulbs in Lidl as most are E no's :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭nantony98

Homebase have a set of 3 5w candle bulbs screw ins and bayonet for €13. Not give away cheap but as previously stated bayonet bulbs are tricky to find cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

anyone tried a screw-in to bayonet adapter ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LIGHT-SOCKET-CONVERTER-BAYONET-B22-E27/dp/B001DNCAOC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0A671ZSJWDKXGA3T65BD

if we could find them with free postage they might be worth a try ?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

green123 wrote: »
    anyone tried a screw-in to bayonet adapter ?
    Yes, they work.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

Yes, they work.

Do they drop the bulbs a lot lower, e.g. below shades?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭_Jumper_

johnb25 wrote: »
    Do they drop the bulbs a lot lower, e.g. below shades?

Lose alot of light with shades. Silly yokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

_Jumper_ wrote: »
    Off to aliexpress with ye.

Totally agree, I buy them of DHgate only because they have a simple search tool for LED bulbs. Box of 10 wont even attract the attention of the customs as it should be around €18 - €22.
    Watch out for the colour/temperature rating, I go for warm white as other ones look very harsh.
    Another hint, if you get a bulb you like and it is reliable buy a few boxes as they tend to rotate the stock a lot so if you go back in 6 - 12 months that part may not be available with that supplier.

http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale-refine/b22/s117004002-0037x-00b1j.html#as-00b1j-1

Advertisement