Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allods Online - Ireland's biggest MMORPG launches

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Have created a character on the server called Zak. Any other Irish people playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

I created a toon and it seems a nice game.. Major concern would be the forums reporting the basically "forced" requirement to spend real cash in the shop to remain competitive is driving people away (pay2win)..

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/forum/926/page/1

True or not.. I have no idea.. but a lot of people seem to be complaining.

I'm happy to potter around in it (as a secondary game) and make up my own mind .

Welease wrote: »
    I created a toon and it seems a nice game.. Major concern would be the forums reporting the basically "forced" requirement to spend real cash in the shop to remain competitive is driving people away (pay2win)..

I'm not too concerned about spending money on the shop at later levels but when I do so I will judge it Vs. a subscription model MMO as I am well aware that nothing in this world is for free and wouldnt expect to do all without spending a few bucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Lister1 wrote: »
    I'm not too concerned about spending money on the shop at later levels but when I do so I will judge it Vs. a subscription model MMO as I am well aware that nothing in this world is for free and wouldnt expect to do all without spending a few bucks.

It all depends on how much I suppose...
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/311178/How-much-does-it-REALLY-cost.html

People are talking in terms for $500 minimum for pvp, and up to $15,000 for full level runes... Again, no idea of the real costs.. but a lot of people seem to be complaining..

The good thing is .. its free to get to that level and then people can decide if the extra cost is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Lister1 wrote: »
    Have created a character on the server called Zak. Any other Irish people playing?

Isa server is regarded as the English speaking one.

• Advertisement

d22ontour wrote: »
    Isa server is regarded as the English speaking one.

All speaking english on Zak as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 gPotato.eu: Jamie

Hi guys,

We have two English servers, so both of the EU English games have players from across Europe on them.

On the discussions about runes etc, you are better checking out the current status of them on the forums at http://en.allods.gpotato.eu/Community/Forum/ as a lot of the information out there, was true at some point during the open beta period, but have been addressed when we went into full release last week.

Many of the gameplay mechanics that required cash shop items (ie Incence for damage and regen rates) were severly amended so you don't need them any more for the effect, while others that couldn't be changed (ie phillacteries of passage to protect curses on certain items) are available for free in the shop. Many players took part in the beta testing period, and it's with the feedback from them that has made the game the one it is today.

It's nice to see that we have Irish players in-game, and you can get your friends involved by downloading the game onto a USB stick or burning it to DVD for them.

Cheers

Jamie

Advertisement