Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dragonica Closed Beta now available for download

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

ugh worst time to have the beta if your hoping for students to play it,the exams are pretty much all on next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Will there be many online tomorrow?
    I would get the forums set up if i were you guys or some method of providing live feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Wow, 1050mb.. I'll download it on Friday, It is too big to dl where I am now. But I hope to get a full week out of it then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭jamiemc

hi guys,

the forums will be live when the game starts :) and yes there will be lots of people online.

If you're still looking for a beta key, keep an eye on freemmogamer.com , computerandvideogames.com or eurogamer.net

Jamie

Nice one, I'll be sure to post on the forums. I am currently having a small issue on Windows 7- the intro movie throttles the CPU and skips, I have to move the window with the mouse to get it to stop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Working fine for me and I'm using Windows 7.

Game looks great and very easy to play, I can see myself on this for hours, I'm having great fun with it :D

Great work Jamie :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Working fine for me and I'm using Windows 7.

Game looks great and very easy to play, I can see myself on this for hours, I'm having great fun with it :D

Great work Jamie :cool:

+1

Really enjoying it. It's very addictive.

+1

Really enjoying it. It's very addictive.
    It certainly is, I ended up playing it for 4 hours straight and now a Level 9 Magician :D

glad you're enjoying it guys

we've had some nice writeups on it which went online today to coincide with the launch

eurogamer - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/dragonica-hands-on
    thirteen1 - http://www.thirteen1.com
    mmozine - http://www.gamerzines.com/downloading-mmozine_11.html
    onrpg - http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Dragonica-Europe/review/Dragonica-Europe-Preview-The-story-of-Dragotaka

for everyone who is in the middle/preparing for exams, the open beta is out in june, so once you're done you'll be able to play :)

Jamie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

hehe got my mail and for the closed beta earlier today looking forward to playing this another 23mins left on the download :)

• Advertisement

Sweet game, soloed me first instance and quit there now for the night. I seen no real problems. Good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

only got around to this tonight cause of application process I had to do until yesterday.

for those wanting to set up a games controller:
    http://forum.iahgames.com/dragonica/showthread.php?t=5834

my 360 controller is good to go :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xeni

I must admit that this game is sweet, sooo addictive :P

Agreed, this is for sure my new favourite game.

Chose a magician class, name is Anon if you want to find me xD

Characters will be wiped between the CBT and the OBT in June, and after that there will be no further character wipes. If you reach level 20, your names will be kept.

I hope everyone is having fun, and it would be great to see some Irish guilds in the game

Thanks

Jamie

jamiemc wrote: »
    If you reach level 20, your names will be kept.
    Only one more level to go, guess I will be spending another few hours on it today :D

..We don't even get anything to show for it? We'll just have to do this all over again? Why are you wiping it? What's the point?

CutzEr wrote: »
    ..We don't even get anything to show for it? We'll just have to do this all over again? Why are you wiping it? What's the point?
    +1

I'd rather they didn't wipe it.

@ Jamie: If you reach level 20 will your level be kept also ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

I havent really been able to get a good go of it yet been getting connection problems. I will try again later see if its ok.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yes i just realised the date, I thought this friday was the 22nd.

Advertisement