Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Noise in my car.

• 12-12-2008 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭

My car (2001 A6) started making a noise on the way home this evening. It sounded like a helicopter proppellor far away and I thought I could feel it on the accelerator. Then it was only making the noise when I took my foot off the accelerator.It got louder and louder till I got home.

I thought it might be a flat, but it wasn't. Then I thought maybe something was hitting off the ground but nothing appears amiss under the car.

Any idea what it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Possibly a blow from the exhaust manifold?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

What is that then? I know nothing about cars!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

What is that then? I know nothing about cars!!
    Its the engine.
    Bring the car to a mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

From your non-descript description it could be a multitude of things, ranging from harmless to extremely dangerous. (blow from the exhaust, a loose wheel, broken wheel bearing, knackered driveshaft, terminally ill engine, or something as simple as leaves in the vents that vibrate)

I would strongly suggest that you get the car looked at by someone with some degree of knowledge before you drive it anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I thought I was pretty descriptive but yea I reckon I'll get the experts at it.

Thanks for your time lads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement