Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diet and Fitness

• 05-02-2015 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi there,

I just need some opinions or help with what i'm trying to achieve. I will tell you a bit about myself then see if any of you can help me?

I'm 23 and 5ft 8. I weighed 170 pounds at the beginning of January and I am now done to 159 pounds. It has been a combination of a 1300 cal diet and exercising daily.
    My typical exercise routine is
    Mon = Walk 5km / 45 Horse Riding
    Tuesday = Running 3 - 4km followed by rugby training.
    Wednesday = Horse Riding / Bootcamp (circuit training, body weight exercises etc.)
    Thursday = Horse Riding / light Rugby training
    Friday = Bootcamp
    Saturday = Horse Riding / Running
    Sunday = Rest day or Rugby match (rest day monday if match is on sunday)

In the past week I have noticed that my weight just doesnt seem to be going anywhere. It is staying around 159 roughly and I just cant seem to get it lower. I am eating carbs/fat/protein at a ratio of 50/30/20 approx. and keeping track of everything I eat with the help of myfitnesspal app.

Anyone know why it might have stopped or if there is anything I need to eat? exercise I need to change? Any advice welcome as Im unsure as to how to start the weight loss again. My ideal weight would be 140 pounds.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the long post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Up the protein content and try to cut back slightly on carbs, it'll make it easier to cut calories which is the only way your weight will drop.

At 1300 cals though, I wonder how your weight isn't falling especially as you're exercising aswell. I'd say you're miscalculating your intake somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭dinorebel

It may seem weird but up your calorie input to 1700/1800 a day and as already said up the protein and fat I stalled for 3 weeks and upping the cals did the trick.You should also eat back half to 2/3rds of the cals used exercising 1300 a day and 6 days of exercise is nowhere near enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭HOBO123

For the first 4 weeks doing this i was losing a good lot of weight at a steady pace but it just seems to have stopped going down and is staying around the same. I track everything i eat using the app and it calculates the calories for me. And yes i do weigh everything I eat as well. I have started taking protein milk I will see if that helps.

Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

HOBO123 wrote: »
    And yes i do weigh everything I eat as well. I have started taking protein milk I will see if that helps.

You'd be better off buying a bag of unflavoured whey tbh. Try myprotein or bulkpowders, it'd work out much cheaper than the avonmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

HOBO123 wrote: »
    For the first 4 weeks doing this i was losing a good lot of weight at a steady pace but it just seems to have stopped going down and is staying around the same. I track everything i eat using the app and it calculates the calories for me. And yes i do weigh everything I eat as well. I have started taking protein milk I will see if that helps.

Thanks for the replies.

Eating more calories will not help you lose weight. Has your weight been the same for a long period of time, or just one week?

Do you do any resistance training? Doing cardio to burn off calories you consumed earlier is not a great use of your time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement